Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 12966
Timeless
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Definitely the reason why I decided to reread this was because of the show. and now that I finished reading this, I am excited to dive in to the show!

Actually, bought this book in 2015 and I just decided to reread it now. and I do not regret diving into the mind of Clay and Hannah. reading this again made me realize so many things that I missed when I read this a few years ago. One thing that really stood out was the main character is a girl. it made me realize how girls and women can be so sexualized even without doing anything. from the very first reason, it showed how Hannah was sexualized... it just never occured to me... with all the women empowerment, and fighting for equality going on, this book was already doing that ten years ago!

anyway, the book is, of course, amazing. the reasons, the characters, how it was written, how it was paced, how amazing that there are two narrators at the same time. I also love the fact that this book can be timeless. with cassette tapes being used by the character, it can definitely stay current. the book is ten years old, but they still made a show about it ten years after. therefore, it is timeless. I actually got an edition of the book with an interview with Jay Asher, and the reason he wanted to use cassette tapes was because he wanted to make stay relevant in whatever time it is. And I thought that was pretty cool.

i truly applaud the ingenuity of this book and how it spoke so much.
Good Points
~ amazing plot
~ timeless
~ well written characters
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Don't Date Rosa Santos

0.0 (0)
Rosa Santos is cursed by the sea-at least, that's...
Darknessontheedgeoftown.jpg

0.0 (0)
Chief Jim Hopper reveals long-awaited secrets to Eleven about...
My Ideal Boyfriend is a Croissant

0.0 (0)
This honest, laugh-out-loud novel brimming with body positivity, bite-sized...
Air Awakens

0.0 (0)
A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable...
Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)

0.0 (0)
Maia Tamarin dreams of becoming the greatest tailor in...
Girl Gone Ghost

0.0 (0)
A gripping psychological thriller. Inspired by a serial killer...
Every Stolen Breath

5.0 (1)
The Swarm is unrecognizable, untraceable, and unpredictable—random attacks on the...
Cursed Beauty

0.0 (0)
Aurora Rose Brynhild is out of time. ...
The C Word

0.0 (0)
Addison: Secrets have a way of getting out....
Aphelion

0.0 (0)
Ky isn’t your typical seventeen-year-old girl. She's an alien hunter.Ky...
Announcing Trouble

0.0 (0)
I may know everything there is to know about baseball,...
Seneca Lake

0.0 (0)
It's 1944, and high school senior Meg Michaels has always...

Latest Member Reviews

Teeth in the Mist

"Deliciously creepy, shocking at every turn, and unexpectedly horrific, TEETH IN THE MIST is an intense page-turner. Fitting the supernatural..."
Courting Darkness (Courting Darkness duology)

"While I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I was equally frustrated by it. Marketed as a new duology set in the..."
Cogheart

"COGHEART by Peter Bunzl is a thrilling adventure that blends a historical setting with futuristic elements. The author hints his..."
Corpse & Crown (Cadaver & Queen, #2)

"Adding in the characters of Oliver Twist to the unique world of Bio-mechanicals created in the first book, this stand-alone..."
Queen of the Sea

"Young Margaret lives on an island convent. She doesn’t know who her parents were, but enjoys living among the nuns,..."
Beyond a Darkened Shore

"Top 4 Reasons to Grab BEYOND A DARKENED SHORE immediately: 1.) Historical fantasy worldbuilding: My biggest genre weakness..."
Enchantée

"After the death of her parents to smallpox, Camille Durbonne struggles to get by with her younger sister Sofie. One..."
Chainbreaker (Timekeeper Book 2)

"Feedback What a change from book one! While I enjoyed Timekeeper, it took me a while to truly engage..."
The Crown's Game

""The Crown's Game" is not quite what I expected. It portrays two magicians-in-training, Vika and Nikolai who both want to..."
Hurricane Katrina Rescue (Ranger in Time #8)

"Ranger, a failed rescue dog (squirrels are so distracting!), has a first aid kit that sends him through time to..."
Olivia Twist

"In this retelling of the classic Charles Dickens's tale, Oliver Twist, Oliver is a girl. Time has passed, but Olivia..."
Serafina and the Black Cloak

"Creak. Creak. Creak. The floor in the basement of the 1899 Biltmore Estate groaned as a golden-haired girl tiptoed towards..."