Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2671
Nice
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

4.5 Stars!

This was a fun and sweet read. Definitely for fans of contemporary ya books. Penny Lane is easy to relate to as a girl who was cheated on by her boyfriend and wants nothing else to do with boys. The twist is that she actually finds a boy whom she likes but of course things are complicated since she started The Lonely Hearts Club and the members have sworn of dating. I loved The Beatles theme of the book and all the references too! And the cover is just too cool! It was a cute read for those looking for something light and breezy!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Instructions for Dancing

0.0 (0)
THE INSTANT #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • The critically...
Jonathan: Prince of Dreams

0.0 (0)
Still recovering from the tragic loss of his mother, typical...
Missing the Beat

0.0 (0)
The dream job? Check. The best friends? Check....
Meeting the Star

0.0 (0)
The spotless reputation? Check. The gorgeous movie star?...
Making the Play

0.0 (0)
The school of her dreams? Check. The perfect...
Runaway : Immortals of Indriell

0.0 (0)
They claim her mother died a hero. They...
The Cruelest Mercy (The Kinder Poison, #2)

0.0 (0)
In this sequel to The Kinder Poison—which People magazine...
Kneel

0.0 (0)
This fearless debut novel explores racism, injustice, and self-expression...
The Tragedy of Dane Riley

0.0 (0)
A teen confronts his feelings about his father’s death,...
Heartbreakers and Fakers

0.0 (0)
From the author of The Best Laid Plans comes...
Fiver Finds Home

0.0 (0)
Meet the world’s first blue dwarf giraffe! With five...
A Season of Sinister Dreams

0.0 (0)
Furyborn meets A Curse So Dark and Lonely in...
Even and Odd

0.0 (0)
Even and Odd are sisters who share magic. Lately, though,...
Bee a Good Human: A Pollinators' Guide to a Better Life

0.0 (0)
Combining inspiration, humor, and entomology, Instagram artist Ali Beckman (@SoFlyTaxidermy)...
Goodnight, Little Bunny

0.0 (0)
Meet Little Bunny on the day that she ventures out...
Flying Over Water

0.0 (0)
N.H. Senzai and Shannon Hitchcock expertly craft the intersection of...

Latest Member Reviews

Instructions for Dancing

"INSTRUCTIONS FOR DANCING is an engaging YA contemporary about romance, family, and coming of age. Evie stopped believing in love..."
Kneel

"Russell and his friend Marion live in Louisiana, and hope to use their skills at football to work their way..."
Get a Clue: A Bookish Boyfriends #4

"In this fourth book set at Reginald R. Hero High, we meet Huck and Win, the brother of Curtis from..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"I had enjoyed this book to great extent. I loved the relationship connection between the two characters and how the..."
Simone Breaks All the Rules

"Simone's Haitian immigrant parents are very strict; she and her sister Anne have to go to an all girls school..."
Chasing Lucky

"Josie Saint-Martin and her mother have lived an itinerant lifestyle ever since they left the small Rhode Island seaside town..."
The Heartbreak Bakery

"Seventeen-year-old agender Syd loves baking, but when her brownies set off a string of breakups-including her own-she comes up with..."
Trouble Girls

"TROUBLE GIRLS is an intriguing reimaging of Thelma and Louise. Told from Trixie's perspective, the story begins with Trixie working..."
New Moon (Twilight #2)

"HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL BY doctor0lovespell@gmail.com My name..."
Go the Distance

"Go the Distance by Jen Calonita is the latest installment in Disney’s Twisted Tale series. This time the story focuses..."
The Evil Queen audiobook

"The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter has been on my radar since it first hit shelves in 2019. I love..."
Go the Distance

"Hercules proved he was a true hero and became a god like his parents, Zeus and Hera. Meg is thrilled..."
Meet Cute: Some people are destined to meet

"MEET CUTE is a fun, romantic anthology featuring stories about people first meeting. Ranging from cute to funny to dark..."
Victor and Nora: A Gotham Love Story

"VICTOR AND NORA is a romance graphic novel that will make you both smile and cry. The death of Victor's..."
Love & Olives (Love & Gelato #3)

"Olive Varanakis's father was obsessed with the lost city of Atlantis, and since he was born and raised on the..."
Hot British Boyfriend

"Ellie lives in Washington D.C. and attends an elite school, even though the tuition is a stretch for her single..."
The Quantum Weirdness of the Almost-Kiss

"THE QUANTUM WEIRDNESS OF THE ALMOST-KISS is a delightful YA STEM-themed romance. Evie and Caleb have been BFFs since they..."
To Whatever End

"TO WHATEVER END is a YA contemporary with a magical twist - the main character is able to see the..."
The Camelot Betrayal (Camelot Rising, #2)

"Now that the Dark Queen has risen, Guinevere and Arthur must do everything they can to keep Camelot safe. However,..."
The Camelot Betrayal (Camelot Rising, #2)

"THE CAMELOT BETRAYAL by Kiersten White is the second book in her YA retelling of the King Arthur Legend. The..."