Review Detail

Poison's Kiss Featured
Young Adult Fiction 1827
Addictive and riveting debut!!!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

"A teenage assassin kills with a single kiss....
Until she is ordered to kill the one boy she loves."

The first thing that drew my attention to this book was the gorgeous and seductive cover art of Poison's Kiss. WOW...That cover is AMAZING! and then I read the synopsis and KNEW I had to have this one....and it did not disappoint. I was mesmerized from the first page to the last and cannot wait to read the conclusion!!

The main character, Marinda, is a visha kanya also known as a poison maiden. She was raised and trained to be a lethal weapon against her enemies and her kiss is lethal and kills the victim within minutes. Marinda has served the Raja for as long as she can remember and killing is all she has ever known. In return for working for the Raja, Marinda is paid with medicine that treats her younger brother, Mani, and keeps him alive.

Marinda has never doubted her job nor has she ever been given a reason to question her orders.....until she meets Deven. Shortly after Marinda begins to build a friendship with Deven...she is told he is her next assignment. She must kill Deven or risk defying the Raja and her brother no longer receiving treatment for his deathly illness. What choice will she make? Defy the Raja? Save Deven? or continue to be the killer she was trained to be....

"But Deven makes me feel reckless. And just for one day I want to know what it feels like to be the girl he thinks I am."

I literally loved everything about this book. Poison's Kiss is full of romance, suspense, action, and unforgivable betrayal. There are so many secrets that have been kept from Marinda and she is faced with so much emotional turmoil while still trying to save the ones she loves.

I also loved the Indian folklore that is intertwined within the story and even enjoyed reading how the author, Breeana Shields, researched and learned all the different myths and legends that she used as references within Poison's Kiss.
Poison's Kiss is addictive, riveting, and beautifully written. It is pages full of mystery and suspense and I couldn't wait to turn the page to find out what happened next.

"Love Is Lethal"
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Secondhand Dogs

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming—and heart-tugging—middle grade novel about love, loyalty, and what...
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: The Road Trip

0.0 (0)
Join everyone's favorite Wildcats from the Disney+ smash hit original...
I'll Meet You in Your Dreams

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming text honoring the ever-evolving relationship of a parent...
Colors of Habitats

0.0 (0)
The brand-new sequel to a well-reviewed bestseller that has been...
Noble Thief (Fantasy and Fairytales Book 6)

0.0 (0)
A prince of two kingdoms. A woman fighting against the...
10 Truths and a Dare

0.0 (0)
It's Senior Party Week, that magical in-between time after classes...
All These Bodies

0.0 (0)
Sixteen bloodless bodies. Two teenagers. One impossible explanation. ...
The Beautiful Ones

0.0 (0)
They are the Beautiful Ones, Loisail’s most notable socialites, and...
I Am the Shark

0.0 (0)
What makes the great white shark (one of) the greatest...
Made in Korea

0.0 (0)
Frankly in Love meets Shark Tank in this feel-good romantic...
Take Me Home Tonight

0.0 (0)
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off meets Nick and Nora’s Infinite...
The People We Choose

5.0 (1)
When 17-year-old Calliope meets her new neighbor Max, their...
Hurricane Summer

0.0 (0)
In this sweeping debut, Asha Bromfield takes readers to...
Slingshot

0.0 (0)
An exciting debut contemporary young adult novel perfect for...
The Keeper of Night

5.0 (1)
Death is her destiny. Half...
The Girls are Never Gone

0.0 (0)
The Conjuring meets Sadie when seventeen-year-old podcaster Dare takes an...

Latest Member Reviews

Choices

"It's no secret that I adore Michelle's books, so it was fun reading one of her earlier books. ..."
The Cousins

"THE COUSINS is a highly devourable and engaging family drama/mystery. The Story family is very wealthy, running a bunch of..."
A Girl in Three Parts

"A GIRL IN THREE PARTS by Suzanne Daniel is a novel set in Sydney, Australia during the 1970’s. It follows..."
From the Desk of Zoe Washington

"Zoe lives in Boston with her mother and stepfather. Her best friend, Trevor, lives next door, but as summer starts,..."
Don't Date Rosa Santos

"DON’T DATE ROSA SANTOS is a sweet and touching book about family. Rosa lives with her grandmother, and she sees..."
The Voice in my Head

"THE VOICE IN MY HEAD begins with Indigo standing on a building, praying to God for her sister to live..."
Choices

"The story: Michaela Matthews’ life has been all planned out: graduate law school, marry her longtime boyfriend Ethan, become..."
Revenge of the Teacher's Pets (Brewster Triplets #4)

"Darby, Dawn, and Delaney are determined that seventh grade is going to be AWESOME. However, when they get their schedules,..."
Stu Truly

"Stu generally hangs out playing video games with his friend Ben, who torments him about some of his past exploits,..."
The Doughnut Fix

"Tristan's family decides to move from New York City to a small town after his father loses his job and..."
How You Ruined My Life

"Rodney's father left, so he and his mother struggle to get by. When his well-to-do aunt and uncle decide to..."
Promises (New Beginnings #2)

"In 'Promises,' by Michelle Lynn, main character Maggie struggles to find her footing after a troubled childhood and difficult marriage...."
No Sad Songs

"I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review and all of the views expressed are..."
No Sad Songs

"Gabe is used to helping care for his ailing grandfather. Then tragedy strikes and thrusts eighteen-year-old Gabe into the position..."
No Sad Songs

"The first thing that popped into my mind when I read No Sad Song's synopsis was: this sounds familiar. It's..."
Not on Fifth Street

"Brothers Pete and Gus live with their family in Ironton, Ohio in 1937. Practical Pete, the younger brother, is the..."
Solo

"Told entirely in verse, Solo is a story full of love, loss, addiction and music. Like Kwame Alexander's previous books,..."
A Dog Like Daisy

"Daisy is in an animal shelter and counting down the days until she may have to walk through the door..."
Clayton Byrd Goes Underground

"A stirring, tuneful tale of familial ties—those that bind and those that constrain. This contemporary Middle Grade book..."
This is Just a Test

"David has a fairly ordinary life in Virginia in the early 1980s. He hangs out with his friend Hector, playing..."