Review Detail

Unlocked Featured
Young Adult Fiction 1829
A new thriller by Margo Kelly
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Margo Kelly’s Unlocked is a suspenseful thriller all the way to the very climatic ending! This good vs. evil story had me guessing the ending until the final pages. Kelly is very descriptive in her writing and details that I felt I was there right along with the main characters. Think that carnival side shows are harmless? Think again!
Good Points
Ever since she participated in a hypnotist show at the county fair, Hannah isn’t feeling quite herself. She feels guilty and upset about a causing a car crash that hurts her friends, and now she’s starting to see things, like crawling ants and pink elephants, and she’s not quite sure if they’re real or not. Back at school everyone is treating her horribly and she ends up being placed in an art class where she meets some new students that are a little different from her normal group of friends. Hannah feels confident with her new friend Plug, and he begins to help her try to understand what is happening to her, even setting up camera monitoring software on her computer. Meanwhile Hannah learns the truth of what happened to her father and is worried that she may end up like him.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Phoebe Unfired

0.0 (0)
CONNECTING IS TOUGH WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN TOUCH ...
Thirty Talks Weird Love

0.0 (0)
A 13-year-old girl growing up in Mexico is visited by...
Admission

0.0 (0)
Lie. Cheat. Bribe. How far would you go to get...
Running

0.0 (0)
When fifteen-year-old Cuban American Mariana Ruiz’s father runs for president,...
City of Spells (Into the Crooked Place, #2)

0.0 (0)
City of Spells, the follow-up to Alexandra Christo's gritty YA...
Christmas Parade

0.0 (0)
A delightful Christmas board book filled with hilarious characters and...
Best Friend in the Whole World

0.0 (0)
Roland lives a quiet life filled with books, music, and...
Bird Show

0.0 (0)
Award-winning author-illustrator Susan Stockdale welcomes you to the Bird Show,...
Down Comes the Night

0.0 (0)
He saw the darkness in her magic. She saw...
My Book of Feelings (My World)

0.0 (0)
Inspired by the Montessori method of education this unique board...
Sweet & Bitter Magic

0.0 (0)
In this charming debut fantasy perfect for fans of Sorcery...
My High School Rebel Boyfriend

3.8 (2)

0.0 (0)
He’s a rebel with a cause… to make my...
The Castle School (for Troubled Girls)

0.0 (0)
From New York Times bestselling author Alyssa Sheinmel comes...
Dark Stars

0.0 (0)
Dorothy finds herself completely alone. Roman is dead. The...
Follow Your Arrow

0.0 (0)
For fans of Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera, this...
Daughter of Darkness

0.0 (0)
She is destined to kill a demon. He is...

Latest Member Reviews

Switched at Birthday

"'Switched at Birthday' by Natalie Standiford is a cute fantasy story about the power of empathy. Main characters Lavender and..."
The Time of the Fireflies

"In The Time of the Fireflies, twelve-year-old Larissa Renaud immediately reveals her chaotic family life and her inner turmoil as..."
Switched at Birthday

"I had the privilege of reading and reviewing The Secret Tree a couple of years ago, and so I was..."
Meeting Cezanne

"Yannick is a lonely boy visiting the Provence region of France, where he wanders the fields and forests, wonders about..."
The Door

"Reminiscent of Clive Barker's ABARAT series, THE DOOR is a magical adventure filled with twisty turns and strange wonders. ..."
Bluffton: My Summers with Buster Keaton

"This book starts out slow and sleepy, like a warm summer day. Readers who enjoy flashy, humorous graphic novels or..."
The Little Leftover Witch

"When Felina, a young witch, crash lands near Lucinda's house on Halloween, Lucinda's family, the Doons, take her in. Since..."
The Little Leftover Witch

"What a cute little story this one is! Short and sweet, The Little Leftover Witch is a story that features..."
Beholding Bee

"Pick up this book. Behold, in your hands, you hold a magical story that will write itself on your heart...."
The Passover Lamb

"A young Jewish girl, who is excited and prepared for Passover and her first recital of the 'four questions' during..."
Homesick

"Benny's mother has finally had it with the junk that his father brings home, especially since he has lost the..."
Summer at Forsaken Lake

"Nicholas and his twin sisters Hayley and Hetty are sent to a small Ohio lake front town to stay with..."
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

"A brilliant read. The narrative voice is so authentic I had to wonder if this was in some part a..."