Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 3688
Snarky, Humorous, and An Outright Winner!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Love Me Never, is hands down one of my favorite reads of the year, so far.

Witty. complex characters--with an equally complex plot make this story, a sure winner. What seemed like a story that was simply good for a laugh, was far deeper than it's surface humor--and boy did it serve humor.

What I liked:
Isis--she puts the snark in snarky. Her vicious insults and witty humor kept this reader laughing throughout the day--which is about how long it took me to read this one, give or take a few hours. It's an "in one sitting" kind of read.

Isis' "chubby" past has left her jaded and humorously wary of all individuals--boys in particular. That includes Jack, whom after insulting an innocent girl--becomes the victim of a revenge plot constructed by Isis herself, that kept me entertained and glued to the pages of this book until it was finished--and even after that.

Jack: Jack is a jerk and Isis is determined to make him pay for his faults. It's what ensues between these two characters (the banter, the love-hate) that made this book so easy to love.

Jack, is for all intents and purposes hot, but he's mean--very mean. He walks through the halls with a glacial stare, and a total lack for anyone's feelings--especially those of Isis--the new, loud, and rambunctious girl who can't seem to get from underneath his skin.

These two battle, and they battle hard and that was my favorite part of this book. There was enough wit between the two to make anyone feel shame for not being just as clever. The back and forth was so good, I honestly couldn't get enough.

But, don't let the many laughs (because there will be many) fool you, this book has a dark plot and a even darker agenda. Thee characters have dark secrets and I spent the better part of the novel trying to figure it all out. There's a foreboding sense of "What happened?," throughout the novel--and the author does a great job of making it very vague--so as to not give anything away until she's good and ready.

Let me tell you when you find out, it's not to be expected.

The secondary characters: The "Rents," Avery, Kayla, and Wren. The whole 'lot of them play important parts to this story and are very strong all their own. Some superficial but perfectly fitting. Three dimensional characters abound in this novel.

This book has a purpose, although by the end I'm not entirely sure what it is, because it's not fully concrete. I am dying to find out. I want to pull this book's layers apart, piece by piece until I know all of it's dirty secrets.

The book's all around dark, clever humor will suck you right in, and keep you there.

You'll laugh, you'll flinch, but you'll fall in love--quickly. With so many layers of goodness--romance, humor, and even mystery--there is nothing not to love about this novel.

The cliffhanger, that is the end, will hang over your head like a cloud on a severely stormy day. I had an immediate, "I NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW," kind of feeling. Readers will be shocked, because what you get, you don't expect

What I didn't like:A big fat goose egg. I loved it all.

Final Verdict--Stunningly clever writing, humorous characters, with a dark and chilling plot that will set the reader in a frenzy to figure it all out. It wows, and it will stay with you long after it's sequel appears--which is until fall unfortunately, and even after that.

But, don't worry, you can wait with me while I sit here in a glass case of need.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account