Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1079
What A Discovery
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

This is one of the best YA novels I've read in a while. It's original, full of characters that you instantly take a liking too, and it has an emotional impact, much like Hunger Games. I felt Rayn's pain when she had to say goodbye to her parents...heart wrenching.

Great mix of excitement, love, and laughter...it was has an important message about where our world may be heading if we don't do something about it now (global warming etc.)

Just great!
Good Points
Great characters...I was instantly in love with Rayn!
The storyline is original and exciting.
Good pacing and the writing style is easy...read most of it the first night.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

A Girl in Three Parts

0.0 (0)
I can split myself in two . . . something...
Honor Lost (The Honors, #3)

0.0 (0)
Quick-thinking Leviathan pilot Zara Cole must stop a planet-eating monster...
If...

0.0 (0)
Take a fantastical journey through an inspiring world where anything...
Baby Up, Baby Down: A First Book of Opposites

0.0 (0)
Handpicked by Amazon kids’ books editor, Seira Wilson, for Prime...
Be Our Guest!

0.0 (0)
Join Gray Malin’s menagerie of wild animals for a stay...
Hat Tricks

0.0 (0)
Meet Hattie the magician―she’s a natural performer, and you’re invited...
Stanley's Toolbox

0.0 (0)
It’s another busy day with Stanley and friends! ...
Spring Is Here!

0.0 (0)
When spring arrives, baby animals come out to play with...
10 Things I Hate About Pinky

0.0 (0)
The delightful follow-up to When Dimple Met Rishi and There’s...
The Child of Chaos

0.0 (0)
This is what fantasy fiction should be." --Piers Anthony, New...
Want to Read Rate this book 1 of 5 stars2 of 5 stars3 of 5 stars4 of 5 stars5 of 5 stars Preview Star-Spangled: The Story of a Flag, a Battle, and the American Anthem

0.0 (0)
“O say can you see” begins one of the most...

0.0 (0)
July 20, 1969. It’s a day that has earned a...
Thurgood Marshall

0.0 (0)
When Thurgood Marshall—the great grandson of a slave—was born, African...
Down Under the Pier

0.0 (0)
There’s lots of fun to be had up on the...
Lali's Feather

0.0 (0)
This endearing story of identification and values shows the rewards...

Latest Member Reviews

A Wicked Magic

"Friends Dan and Liss find a Black book of magic and try a spell. Only the spell goes terribly..."
Crave

"After the death of her parents, Grace comes to an Alaskan boarding school. Once there, she senses something is 'off'..."
My Calamity Jane

"What worked: This is a fun paranormal twist on historical figures set in the Wild West of 1876. I loved..."
Beast: Face-to- Face with the Florida Bigfoot

"Adam is found on the side of the road after a car crash near a Florida swamp. He's injured, but..."
Crave

"CRAVE is a really engaging new YA fantasy/paranormal romance that follows Grace in the first person. Grace lost her parents..."
Brown Girl Ghosted

"Sixteen-year-old Violet Choudhury has a huge secret. During the day she's part of her Midwestern town's cheer squad and at..."
Now Entering Addamsville

"Zora Novak has been accused of a crime she didn't commit. It doesn't help that her family are known as..."
The Babysitters Coven

"What worked: This is a quirky, humorous at times paranormal novel where a babysitter's club is really a code name..."
The Boy Who Cried Werewolf (Monsterstreet #1)

"Max’s dad died when he was young so he doesn’t remember much about him. He also never sees his dad’s..."
Fangs & Fins

"Ivy and Ember are thrown together when their parents marry. One a popular girl, the other a bookworm, they start..."
Teeth in the Mist

"Deliciously creepy, shocking at every turn, and unexpectedly horrific, TEETH IN THE MIST is an intense page-turner. Fitting the supernatural..."
Storm and Fury

"With Armentrout’s characteristic snark and swoony romance, STORM AND FURY will not disappoint fans who have been eagerly awaiting this..."
Storm and Fury

"Trinity has never been allowed to leave her home compound because of her secret. Here, she has friends, a protector,..."

"This is a very good book to read if you're into fantasy and teen romance. I really enjoy reading this..."
Fake Blood

"WHAT I LOVED: AJ is your average kid and doesn’t have anything exciting going on in his life, but he’s..."
White Stag: A Novel (Permafrost, #1)

"WHITE STAG is a really fantastic YA fantasy that I was absolutely pulled into and found it hard to put..."
Beneath a Sinister Moon

"Wow besides the awesome title Beneath A Sinister Moon the inside of this book is even better. Things I wanted..."
Within the Darkest Hollows

"If you thought Book 1 Between the Bleeding Willows was great you haven't read nothing yet. Within the Darkest Hollows..."
Between the Bleeding Willows

"After Cassidy Ravanaugh's boyfriend Jace dies she goes to find a ring that he had been wearing. but get gets..."
Fresh Ink: An Anthology

"Anthologies have such a special place in my heart. The art of the short story is undervalued and it’s just..."