Review Detail

Gloriously Angelic
(Updated: August 26, 2015)
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Many thanks to NetGalley, Greenleaf Book Group and River Grove Books for granting me a copy of this book.

If Dark Hope blew me away, Dark Rising swept me away from reality to the dark fantasy of its world.

THIS IS SO AMAZING. My confusions from the previous book were cleared away, everything fell into place in this wonderful book. I found myself exchanging sleep and even schoolwork for reading because I couldn’t put it down. I HAD TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT.

This book was so action-packed, each page brought a new twist and turn to the story. There were so many plot twists, my brain exploded from awesomeness.

I loved the character development, how every action of each character was finally explained. Although I hate the misconceptions, I’m in awe at the same time. The way the author laid out everything is just intoxicating. I imagine the plot and characters as one giant web with Monica McGurk as the one beautifully weaving it.

The mind-blowing and highly unexpected happenings had me like “NOOOO!" and made me tear up a bit. *guardian angel thinks Oh really?* Okay, fine. Maybe I cried a lot while reading some parts. This book just knew how to pull my emotional strings.

I also loved the fact that the story was set in multiple countries and even alternated between two story lines, Hope and Michael’s and Hope’s parents’. It gave a special color to the story, showing different cultures and making readers see them through the characters’ eyes.

Overall, this book was one hell of a flight! (for the sake of angels and their wings??) I’m so glad there will be another book, Dark Before the Dawn, because the ending had me hanging. Now I’ll just be hiding under a rock until the next book comes out. See ya when I see ya.

Five out of five gloriously angelic crowns! I love, love, loved this book.
Good Points
-If Dark Hope blew me away, Dark Rising swept me away from reality to the dark fantasy of its world.
-Everything fell into place in this wonderful book.
-This book was so action-packed, each page brought a new twist and turn to the story.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Kingdom of Ink and Paper (The Betwixt and Between Chronicles Book 1)

0.0 (0)
Every book you’ve ever read. Every story you’ve ever ...
The First Holidays

0.0 (0)
Lila Weston is a pro at keeping secrets, but this...
Wings of Ebony (Wings of Ebony, #1)

0.0 (0)
In this riveting, keenly emotional debut fantasy, a Black teen...
You Say It First

0.0 (0)
One conversation can change everything. Meg has her entire...
My High School Royal Boyfriend

0.0 (0)
ALEX A tragedy at Langley Estate puts my family...
The Forgotten World (The World Apart Series Book 3)

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Clark thought he knew what grief was. Addie thought...
Tales from the Hinterland

0.0 (0)
A gorgeously illustrated collection of twelve “lush and deliciously...
Sisters of Shadow and Light

0.0 (0)
From the acclaimed author of Defy, Sara B. Larson,...
In the Penalty Box

0.0 (0)
Willow Figure skating was supposed to be my whole...
Unchosen

0.0 (0)
Katharyn Blair crafts a fiercely feminist fantasy with a horrifying...
Miracle Girl

0.0 (0)
Leanne Strong hates June eighth even though it's supposed to...
The Memory Thief  (Thirteen Witches #1)

0.0 (0)
Twelve-year-old Rosie Singer’s mom is missing whatever it is that...
Singled Out: The True Story of Glenn Burke

0.0 (0)
On October 2nd, 1977, Glenn Burke, outfielder for the Los...
The Elephant in the Room

0.0 (0)
It's been almost a year since Sila's mother traveled halfway...
Alone in the Woods

0.0 (0)
Jocelyn and Alex have always been best friends...until they aren't....
Disaster Days

0.0 (0)
Hannah Steele loves living on Pelling, a tiny island near...

Latest Member Reviews

Holes

"Important message. Unique perspective."
Holes

"A family curse, a false accusation, a local legend, and a series of coincidences come together in this generation-spanning tale..."
Speak

"It's a fast read."
All Summer Long

" Austin and Bina have been inseparable friends since they were in diapers. The summer going into the eighth..."
Many Waters

"The Murray twins take the spotlight for the first time in this book, which actually seems to be taking place..."
A Wrinkle in Time (Time #1)

"“I don't understand it any more than you do, but one thing I've learned is that you don't have to..."
A Wind in the Door (Time #2)

"I sincerely think this book is better than the first one. (I suspect the 11-year release gap between book 1..."
A Swiftly Tilting Planet (Time #3)

"Time-travel, evil dictators, Unicorns, and impending nuclear doom. Oh my! When you break it down to it’s basic parts,..."
Sad Perfect

"Pea doesn't have an easy life. Her family is very dysfunctional and she's struggling with an eating disorder and all..."
Sad Perfect

"Pea doesn't have an easy life. Her family is very dysfunctional and she's struggling with an eating disorder and all..."
Beautiful Broken Girls

"* Reviewed for North of Normal Book Reviews BEAUTIFUL BROKEN GIRLS by Kim Savage is a dark YA stand-alone..."
Speak

" “I have never heard a more eloquent silence.” A noteworthy forerunner in the teen “Issues” subgenre,..."
Speak

"The novel opens with Melinda Sordino starting her high school freshman year. She has been ostracised by her friends and..."
Plus One

"Elizabeth Fama sets her novel, PLUS ONE, in a segregated world where half of the population lives and works in..."
The Storyteller (The Riverman Trilogy #3)

"Maybe we all remember someone telling us all good things must come to an end. These words haunted..."
The Killing Jar

"Creepy, haunting tale of a girl with a deadly power. Her touch literally can kill. I love YA..."
Speak

" I was going to rate this book 3 stars. I already knew what happened to Melinda so it kinda..."
After the Woods

"I’m torn between loving and despising this book. I don’t like to be tricked. And even though so many clues..."
Speak

"I read this book in high school, and really loved it. It kept me reading the whole time, and I..."
Unforgotten (Unremembered #2)

"I was really excited for this book. Sadly, it wasn't quite as good as I was expecting. While Unremembered was..."