Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 4633
First of Many
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

N/A
I first read this series years ago before the third one had even come out and I loved them! They were so fresh and exciting and just wow. I decided to reread them because I got a request wanting me to do a review for the series. Reading them now, being older and all, I still think they are pretty dang cool. But they're not quite as good as I remember. They are dark and gritty and fun with tons of adventure.

Reading it before I would give it 5 stars... reading it now it gets 4. Also after rereading it, the movie wasn't quite as bad as I first thought. It hits a lot of the important key points... the acting was pretty awful though and Jace was very underwhelming in the looks department but still... I'm very excited for the TV show, anyone else with me?

I did see some of the actors and actresses they got and I don't know... I'm just going to have to wait and see I guess.

I'm very excited the Shadowhunter world is still around and more books are going to be released. I do like the author's writing style, I always have. It's very simple and flows nicely. I'm not even going to tell you guys to read this book because pretty much everyone already has because they are freaking awesome sauce.

Good Points
1) Magnus
2) This is such a cool idea and great action.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Baby Up, Baby Down: A First Book of Opposites

0.0 (0)
Handpicked by Amazon kids’ books editor, Seira Wilson, for Prime...
Be Our Guest!

0.0 (0)
Join Gray Malin’s menagerie of wild animals for a stay...
Hat Tricks

0.0 (0)
Meet Hattie the magician―she’s a natural performer, and you’re invited...
Stanley's Toolbox

0.0 (0)
It’s another busy day with Stanley and friends! ...
Spring Is Here!

0.0 (0)
When spring arrives, baby animals come out to play with...
10 Things I Hate About Pinky

0.0 (0)
The delightful follow-up to When Dimple Met Rishi and There’s...
The Child of Chaos

0.0 (0)
This is what fantasy fiction should be." --Piers Anthony, New...
Want to Read Rate this book 1 of 5 stars2 of 5 stars3 of 5 stars4 of 5 stars5 of 5 stars Preview Star-Spangled: The Story of a Flag, a Battle, and the American Anthem

0.0 (0)
“O say can you see” begins one of the most...

0.0 (0)
July 20, 1969. It’s a day that has earned a...
Thurgood Marshall

0.0 (0)
When Thurgood Marshall—the great grandson of a slave—was born, African...
Down Under the Pier

0.0 (0)
There’s lots of fun to be had up on the...

Latest Member Reviews

None of the Above

"This is one of those books that a reader can learn from. This is the first YA book that I..."
Faith Taking Flight

"Sixteen-year-old Faith Herbert has a secret. She can fly. When she runs into her fangirl crush Dakota, star of the..."
Of Ice and Shadows

"WHAT I LOVED: One of my biggest complaints about Of Fire and Stars was its lacking characterization, but that’s been..."
Felix Ever After

"Felix has never been in love, but he wants to be. He wants the experience of opening your heart, having..."
Goodbye from Nowhere

"Kyle Baker loves the times he visits his extended family at the family farm. He brings his girlfriend Nadia with..."
Inkmistress

"WHAT I LOVED: People do inadvisable things for love. Some of us publicly embarrass ourselves, but Asra uses her..."
On the Come Up

"ON THE COME UP is a fantastic new YA contemporary that handles big issues like racism and sexism. The characters..."
The Wise and the Wicked

"Ruby and her sisters come from a long line of wise and powerful women. When their grandmother and her sisters..."
Just Jaime

"'Just Jaime' by Terri Libenson captures the truth of middle school – a time when friendships are haunted by worry..."
The Blood Spell

"Based loosely on the tale of Cinderella, The Blood Spell is the fourth standalone installment for the Ravenspire series of..."
Black Enough: Stories of Being Young and Black in America

"See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten! My copy was an ARC I got from the publisher as..."
Onyx and Ivory

"Top 5 Reasons to Read Onyx and Ivory: 1.) The magic: Kate lives in a world where there are..."
The Blood Spell

"Blue de la Cour enjoys her quiet life with her father, passing the days by working in the shop and..."
Pride

"Pride is flavorful, a cornucopia of culture, a coming-of-age story with characters so well-developed they practically leaped off the page...."
The Crown's Game

""The Crown's Game" is not quite what I expected. It portrays two magicians-in-training, Vika and Nikolai who both want to..."
The Glass Spare

""The Glass Spare" follows Wil, the youngest child of a warmonger king. One day, her life changes- in a dispute,..."
Defiance (Defiance #1)

""Defiance" follows Rachel and Logan, who live in a city-state where the Commander rules with a brutal totality. Women are..."
Deception (Defiance #2)

""Deception" continues Rachel and Logan's story as the survivors of Baalboden head into Wasteland to make a new life for..."
Scream All Night

"I am NOT a Horror fan. I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to the genre, be it..."
The Last Best Story

"'The Last Best Story' by Maggie Lehrman is provocative and intriguing, bringing a shadow of a doubt to the truth-finding..."