Review Detail4.8 4
I had a hard time putting into words my love for The Dream Thieves. I’m facing the same problem with BLLB. How can I express how much I utterly adore Blue and her boys? Because seriously…I LOVE THEM. So in a similar fashion, instead of trying to sound anywhere near coherent, I’m going to make another list of all the reasons I love this book.
1. Raven boys. THE FRIENDSHIP, PEOPLE. THE FRIENDSHIP. I platonically ship these four boys more than I ship some romantic couples. I’m starting to not care about the plot at all and I just want the books to be long dialogue scenes with all the boys and Blue.
2. Blue and Gansey in the car. So much tension. Who knew car rides could be so hot? But also sad at the same time and chaotic and hopeful and heartbreaking all at once.
3. THIS QUOTE:
“’You can be just friends with people, you know,’ Orla said. ‘I think it’s crazy how you’re in love with all those raven boys.’
Orla wasn’t wrong, of course. But what she didn’t realize about Blue and her boys was that they were all in love with one another. She was no less obsessed with them than they were with her, or one another, analyzing every conversation and gesture, drawing out every joke into a longer and longer running gag, spending each moment either with one another or thinking about when next they would be with one another. Blue was perfectly aware that it was possible to have a friendship that wasn’t all-encompassing, that wasn’t blinding, deafening, maddening, quickening. It was just that now that she’d had this kind, she didn’t want the other.”
4. The quest. I just want to find Glendower, okay?!
5. Blue and Gansey on the phone. I love these quiet moments, also full of tension and heartbreak.
6. Gansey and Ronan in the courtroom. I won’t spoil it, but basically this scene made me love these two boys so hard my heart almost burst.
7. Witty dialogue and perfection in the form of a one-line description. Stiefvater excels at the quick, snappy dialogue and writing a description so perfectly that you immediately understand exactly what she’s talking about. She has a way with words.
What Left Me Wanting More:
I must have all my questions answered! The book right before the final book is always the hardest.
The Final Verdict:
Blue Lily, Lily Blue is a wonderful addition to the series and will make you beg for the final book.