Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 6289
I couldn't put this book down!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

To say that I loved this book is a complete understatement. From the beginning I was laughing out loud and fell in love with Dallas and Carson from the get go.

What I loved:

I absolutely loved how awkward Dallas is. Her actions and words had me laughing from chapter one. She is seriously a breathe of fresh air when it comes to leading ladies. I want to be her friend.

Carson is, well, smooth. I loved their first meeting. I wanted to read it over and over again. It was so real, and awkward, and lovely.

I love how Friday Night Lights(ish) this book is. I love that show and this book just reminded me of it. Not that it's like the show, but just how it's centered around football, and Dallas is the coach's daughter.

Dallas' relationship with her dad. Okay, I wouldn't say I loved it, but come on, it's just been Dallas and her dad, so things are bound to get a bit awkward between the two of them. But I loved how they handle it and how her dad comes around to be the dad he should be with Dallas.

What left me wanting more:

Um, nothing. I seriously plan to read this book over and over. I absolutely loved it. I want more Carson and Dallas. Please?
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Colors of Habitats

0.0 (0)
The brand-new sequel to a well-reviewed bestseller that has been...
Noble Thief (Fantasy and Fairytales Book 6)

0.0 (0)
A prince of two kingdoms. A woman fighting against the...
10 Truths and a Dare

0.0 (0)
It's Senior Party Week, that magical in-between time after classes...
All These Bodies

0.0 (0)
Sixteen bloodless bodies. Two teenagers. One impossible explanation. ...
The Beautiful Ones

0.0 (0)
They are the Beautiful Ones, Loisail’s most notable socialites, and...
I Am the Shark

0.0 (0)
What makes the great white shark (one of) the greatest...
Made in Korea

0.0 (0)
Frankly in Love meets Shark Tank in this feel-good romantic...
Take Me Home Tonight

0.0 (0)
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off meets Nick and Nora’s Infinite...
The People We Choose

5.0 (1)
When 17-year-old Calliope meets her new neighbor Max, their...
Hurricane Summer

0.0 (0)
In this sweeping debut, Asha Bromfield takes readers to...
Slingshot

0.0 (0)
An exciting debut contemporary young adult novel perfect for...
The Keeper of Night

5.0 (1)
Death is her destiny. Half...
The Girls are Never Gone

0.0 (0)
The Conjuring meets Sadie when seventeen-year-old podcaster Dare takes an...
White Smoke

0.0 (0)
The Haunting of Hill House meets Get Out in this...
All Kinds of Other

0.0 (0)
In this tender, nuanced coming-of-age love story, two boys—one...

0.0 (0)
Antipodes is a unique work of fiction, set in present-day...

Latest Member Reviews

Pumpkinheads

"I am pretty new to graphic novels so when I won a copy of 'Pumpkin Heads' on GoodReads I was..."
Fangirl

""Fangirl" was a fun and sweet story, similar in tone to Eleanor & Park. Cath and her twin sister have..."
Eleanor & Park

""Eleanor & Park" was an unexpected touching read for me. Eleanor is a chubby red-head and Park is a half-Asian..."
My True Love Gave To Me

"I admit that I’m not a big anthology fan. I find the stories in them are hit and miss. ‘My..."
Fangirl

"This book was touchingly beautiful. Cath was a perfect protagonist and I connected with her quite intimately. Despite the heartbreak,..."
Carry On

"Rainbow Rowell’s standalone/sequel to Fangirl is one of the best books of 2016. I bought the novel not too long..."
Fangirl

"I almost gave up on this book. Several chapters in I was not identifying with the main character. She was..."
Eleanor & Park

"There is nothing I don't like about this book. It made me cry. Lines from it haunted me for days...."
Carry On

"While it is still a good book, I feel like this book wouldn't appeal to people who haven't read Fangirl...."
Eleanor & Park

"I'm a little torn back and forth on this book. While there are things that I loved about it, there..."
Fangirl

"I don't even know how it took me so long to read this book or rather to think about reading..."
Carry On

""You called me Simon before." "No, I didn't." I hate it when I dislike popular books. People enjoy them..."
My True Love Gave To Me

"Christmas has to be one of my all-time favorite holidays. I also love short story anthologies. Put the..."
Carry On

"Simon Snow just wants to relax and savor his last year at the Watford School of Magicks, but no one..."
Eleanor & Park

"I was bracing myself for all the fluffiness, the cheesy exchanges of the words I love you, and possibly a..."
Fangirl

"Visit my blog: http://theroundtheclockperuser.blogspot.com"
Fangirl

BoBo
"Do you love cute lovestories, geeks, fangirling, fanfiction and a bit of fantasy? If so, this book might be a..."
Fangirl

"Cath and her twin sister Wren are embarking on their first year of college. While Wren is taking the..."
Fangirl

"Character-driven from the start, Fangirl is a niche coming-of-age contemporary story centered around the Freshman year of college for a..."
Eleanor & Park

"Considering my own personal Midwestern experience with riding on a bus full of belligerent kids from the undesirable part of..."