Review Detail

WHEN THE WORLD WAS FLAT (AND WE WERE IN LOVE)
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

WHEN THE WORLD WAS FLAT (AND WE WERE IN LOVE) is a breathtaking story about a girl who dreams of death and a boy who wants to save her. The mystery surrounding the two is so clever and interesting, and the whole sci-fi element is outstanding. The author holds on to the secrets throughout the novel and I was blown away the minute that they started to unravel.

I enjoyed the romantic tension between Tom and Lillie, both before and after they discover more about each other. Their story builds to an impressive and exciting finish that I did not see coming. There is a great mix of characters, and the humour is brilliant.

I found it difficult to write this review as I think the blurb keeps a lot concealed and I don’t want to give anything away because that was the enjoyment for me – not knowing and feeling that need to read on and find out.

This book really does stand out on its own and I couldn’t compare it to another book out there, as I often find with Strange Chemistry titles. Very impressed with the quality of books that come from this publisher.

For me, WHEN THE WORLD WAS FLAT (AND WE WERE IN LOVE) is truly different and refreshing and I most definitely urge others to give it a try. It’s gripping, fascinating and achingly beautiful.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Spells Trouble (Sisters of Salem, #1)

0.0 (0)
Double double, twins spell trouble… ...
10 Truths and a Dare

0.0 (0)
It's Senior Party Week, that magical in-between time after...
The Promised Prince

0.0 (0)
Perfect for fans of the Selection series by Kiera...
Indivisible

0.0 (0)
This timely, moving debut novel follows a teen's efforts...
The Other Side of Perfect

0.0 (0)
For fans of Sarah Dessen and Mary H.K. Choi,...
Counting Down with You

0.0 (0)
In this sparkling and romantic YA debut, a reserved...
Gutter Girl (Twin River High, #1)

0.0 (0)
Star football player Jace Rovers has a secret. And...
Secondhand Dogs

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming—and heart-tugging—middle grade novel about love, loyalty, and what...
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: The Road Trip

0.0 (0)
Join everyone's favorite Wildcats from the Disney+ smash hit original...
I'll Meet You in Your Dreams

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming text honoring the ever-evolving relationship of a parent...
Colors of Habitats

0.0 (0)
The brand-new sequel to a well-reviewed bestseller that has been...
Noble Thief (Fantasy and Fairytales Book 6)

0.0 (0)
A prince of two kingdoms. A woman fighting against the...
All These Bodies

0.0 (0)
Sixteen bloodless bodies. Two teenagers. One impossible explanation. ...
The Beautiful Ones

0.0 (0)
They are the Beautiful Ones, Loisail’s most notable socialites, and...
I Am the Shark

0.0 (0)
What makes the great white shark (one of) the greatest...
Made in Korea

0.0 (0)
Frankly in Love meets Shark Tank in this feel-good romantic...

Latest Member Reviews

Spaced Out (Moon Base Alpha #2)

"Dashiell has had it with Patton and Lily, the children of the space tourists, but after he gets in an..."
Among the Hidden (Shadow Children #1)

"This book felt a little young to be, but at the same time is really well done. It is the..."
The Contract

"Third grader Derek is given an essay by his teacher. He is to write about his dreams and goals, and..."

"I really enjoyed the book No Talking by Andrew Clements. I think we all could learn an important lesson from..."

"J.M. Barrie's writing made me feel like I was right there with the characters, in these worlds, but at the..."

"I enjoyed Courtney Sheinmel's My So-Called Family quite a bit, but it wasn't exactly what I expected. The description in..."

"It has really been years since I read this book. But, I remember that this is what started me reading..."

"The First Adventure is about a girl living in a magical, medieval world, who wants to really be a knight..."

"Cynthia Kadohata vividly describes the hardships and struggle of an immigrant’s family in 1950s. Thos book tells us to keep..."

"Cynthia Kadohata vividly describes the hardships and struggle of an immigrant’s family in 1950s. Thos book tells us to keep..."

sjmsjm
"After a worldwide famine, a population law is enacted in America. Only two children are allowed per couple, any other..."

"Who doesn't love Peter Pan? This was my favourite book as a child and still one of my favourites today...."
Fuddles

"You know a book is good when you have to share it. Fuddles by Fran Vischer is a fun picture..."

"I loved this book. What struck it about me right away was how the chapters were laid out and explained..."
Trauma Queen

"Whats worse than being named after a flower and having a little sister named after a dead president? Yep,..."

"Reader reviewed by John Greg Kenton has always loved money; some would say hes an entrepreneur. In order to..."

"Reader reviewed by Seth Linn Among the Hidden Book Review by Seth Linn Among the Hidden..."
Among the Enemy (Shadow Children #6)

"Reader reviewed by Brianna She has done it again with this wonderful book in the series and is the..."
Among the Free (Shadow Children #7)

"Reader reviewed by Brianna She has done it again by writing a most wonderful and suspenceful books in the..."

"Reader reviewed by nathan    No talking is about a fifth grade boy who starts a no talking contest. In the..."