Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 5473
Perfection
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

I'm a huge fan and have read almost all of her released YA's! And Sentinel did not disappoint. I finished it in less than 24 hours, flipping through the pages faster than lightning. Sentinel is a different take on Greek mythology and is immensely fun.

The main character is Alex Andros. She is what is known as the Apollyon. She's a descendant of the Greek god Apollo, and can control the five elements-air, fire, water, earth, and Akasha. Alex is fierce and loyal. Physically, she is very near unstoppable. She has witty comments, no matter the situation, and can constantly get the reader to laugh. Her boyfriend, Aiden drives me nuts occasionally. He's nice and sweet and protective, but he gets over protective and has a temper. I get that good characters have flaws, but his really make me want to smack him.

My biggest complaint about the book? The ending. It ended happily in a way I didn't expect-MEGA GOOD-but you don't find out what happened to the other characters besides the main few. I want to know what happened to Alex's friends and family! Do they live, die, or some other sort of thing. Oh, and this right here! Take a look at this and tell me you don't want to know more.

Deacon was on his feet, eyes wide, and he immediately started to backpedal out of the room. "I think I need...to, um, go find something else to do. Yeah."
Momentarily distracted from Apollo's sudden appearance, I narrowed my eyes at Aiden's brother. "What happened between you two?"
Deacon froze near the door.
The lopsided expression on Apollo's face spread. "Well, I would never kiss and tell."

Who else want to know more about what happened right there? I know I sure do! There are many other moments that aren't followed up on, that I would love to know more about and that I hope will be followed up on in the spin-off series. But even still, the book was fun and hilarious and I couldn't put it down. Despite it's faults, I give the book five stars and wave a sad goodbye to Alex and the Covenant series!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Signs of Survival A Memoir of the Holocaust

0.0 (0)
RENEE: I was ten years old then, and my sister...
So. Many. Feelings Stickers: 2,700 Stickers for Every Mood

0.0 (0)
2,700 stickers for every mood! ...
Hi-Five Farm!

0.0 (0)
Ready, set, off we go! ...

0.0 (0)
Jolina can't take Claudine's bullying any longer! The taunts and...
Leaving England

0.0 (0)
Sometime around now an unnamed virus has laid London and...

0.0 (0)
A female-run society. An ambitious girl driven to become its’...
The Dead and the Dark

0.0 (0)
Courtney Gould’s thrilling YA debut The Dead and the Dark...

0.0 (0)
In the realm of Ryuu within the snow...

0.0 (0)
Seventeen-year-old Jackie planned for every situation on her solo road-trip...

0.0 (0)
John Green meets Laurie Halse Anderson in this award-winning, "haunting,"...
The Great Destroyers

0.0 (0)
Blood, sweat, and death. Welcome...
Fresh

0.0 (0)
A hilarious and vulnerable coming-of-age story about the thrilling new...
Illusionary (Hollow Crown, #2)

0.0 (0)
In this thrilling adventure, our magical heroine embarks on a...
Bluebird

0.0 (0)
In 1946, Eva leaves behind the rubble of Berlin for...

0.0 (0)
Capture his heart. Steal his crown. ...

0.0 (0)
Before the undead attacked, Hazel's life was simple: look out...

Latest Member Reviews

Parachutes

"WHAT I LOVED: Claire is a rich Chinese girl living the high life in Shanghai with both her parents even..."
Hurricane Summer

"HURRICANE SUMMER is a sweeping coming-of-age story that captures the difficult and at times dangerous transition to womanhood. Tilla is..."
The Good Girls

"THE GOOD GIRLS is an enthralling read. The book begins after the disappearance and seeming murder of the police chief's..."
What Unbreakable Looks Like

"WHAT UNBREAKABLE LOOKS LIKE is a story of healing after human trafficking. Alexa, who has been called Poppy while under..."
Every Other Weekend

"EVERY OTHER WEEKEND is a compulsively good YA contemporary that deals with some heavy topics. We follow Jolene and Adam..."
Moon Water: A Novel

"MOON WATER follows Nettie in the summer of 1969 when her life is in turmoil. Nettie is 16 years old..."
Ask Me Anything

"ASK ME ANYTHING is a book with a lot to unpack. Amber and Dean attend a private school which is..."
The Leading Edge of Now

"A raw but beautiful tale of one girl’s journey back to herself after experiencing sexual assault. Grace is a..."
Lucky Girl

"What I Loved: Girls like Rosie often occupy the “best friend” role in YA novels. You know, the ridiculously pretty,..."