Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 4072
Band Rules!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

I can't seem to rave enough about this book. First of all, there is high school band. I was in high school band, I was in college band. I get all of the high school band dynamics.

What I loved: I loved what a fast-paced, energetic story this was. Once I started reading, I really didn't stop. The whole "will they or won't they get together" story line is always one that I love. Echols manages to keep readers waiting until the very end to find out--but that didn't bother me so much. I felt like the story was a process....one that both Tia and Will (but especially Tia) had to go through before they could figure out what they really wanted.

What left me wanting more: I don't think Will had his shirt off nearly enough....kidding...well, maybe... Seriously, I loved this story. I was hooked from the beginning and was sad when it ended. I hope Tia and Will make some appearances in the other books of this series.

Final Verdict: A fun book that you won't be able to put down!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
"more forgetting time. more midnight dances with yourself."...

0.0 (0)
It’s been years since eighteen-year-old Becca Hart believed in true...
Salty, Bitter, Sweet

0.0 (0)
A slow-burn romance in a cutthroat kitchen! There’s more to...
The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)

0.0 (0)
Set in the world of the New York Times–bestselling Winner’s...
The Winter Duke

0.0 (0)
She survived the curse. Now she must survive the throne....
Most Likely (Most Likely, #1)

0.0 (0)
From the creator of the hit TV series The Bold...
Look Both Ways

0.0 (0)
This story was going to begin like all the best...

0.0 (0)
Members of the secret mermaid community have learned to trust...

0.0 (0)
In a world where single combat determines the fate of...

0.0 (0)
In a world where single combat determines the fate of...
Ashes (The Wings Trilogy: Adam, #3)

5.0 (1)
"The truth was, I wasn’t on anyone’s side except Claire’s....
Fire (The Wings Trilogy: Adam, #2)

0.0 (0)
After being killed by demons, former angel Adam wakes up...
Spark (The Wings Trilogy: Adam, #1)

5.0 (1)
"It came out of nowhere. A sweep of emotions. Love,...
The Twin

0.0 (0)
After their parents divorced, 10-year-old twins Ivy and Iris were...
Devil Darling Spy

0.0 (0)
It's 1940, and Sarah Goldstein is hiding in plain sight...
The Life Below

4.0 (1)
It was hard enough for Naomi to leave Leo, a...

Latest Member Reviews

Dirt

"After Yonder's mom dies, she and her dad are struck with grief and have trouble picking up the pieces. It..."
Out of Place

"OUT OF PLACE is an absolutely gorgeous story about bullying and feeling alone. Cove lives with her mother on Martha’s..."
Cicada

"CICADA tells the story of working in a corporate job. Cicada is a good employee who works hard and doesn’t..."
The Cruel Prince

"Having only read one book of Holly's I wasn't caught up in the hype of her writing a new YA..."
8 Notes to a Nobody (Bird Face book one)

"This is the first book in Cynthia T. Toney’s Birdface series which follows Wendy, a young Louisiana teen, through her..."
8 Notes to a Nobody (Bird Face book one)

"The main character, Wendy, is realistic and sympathetically portrayed, so much so that the book drew me in and transported..."
Clink A Story of Cyberbullying

"This is a graphic novel adaptation of a real teen's experience of being bullied online. What worked: This is..."
Aesop Lake

"I loved this book. As a mom of a gay child, I was very happy to read a realistic story..."
Sarai in the Spotlight

"When Sarai's friend Isa moves away, she's upset because she's left at school all alone. It's especially hard because of..."
Save Me a Seat

" Save Me A Seat by Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan is must read that should be on every..."
The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle

"Mason Buttle can't read all that well. And he sweats a lot. And writing isn't something he can do either...."
Neanderthal Opens The Door To The Universe

"In a galaxy far, far away, Admiral Ackbar is happily holding an advance copy of “Neanderthal Opens The Door To..."
Restart

"Middle grade mystery with an amnesic twist—a friendship-centric tale of lost-and-found. Readers are introduced to a cruel boy..."
The Cruel Prince

" Holly Black's writing is one of those that stick with you even after you've finished the book. Jude..."
Zach King: My Magical Life

"Zach comes from a magical family, and his relatives all have objects they use to channel their magic. Zach's father..."
Karma Khullar's Mustache

"WHAT I LOVED: Karma and the rest of the cast are flawed, well-drawn characters all too much like the soulless..."
Tugboat Bill and the River Rescue

"TUGBOAT BILL teaches about the topic of bullying and how you can be great no matter what others say. ..."
Lucky Girl

"What I Loved: Girls like Rosie often occupy the “best friend” role in YA novels. You know, the ridiculously pretty,..."
Posted

"Words can "wriggle underneath your skin and start to itch." Words can "set their hooks into you and pull" and..."
Tugboat Bill and the River Rescue

"Tugboat Bill was a great story about Bill and his friend Mabel. Bill is a tugboat who works very hard..."