Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2186
Devil's Frost
(Updated: January 27, 2014)
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

I’m a huge fan of author Heidi Kling’s ebook serial The Spellspinners. Kling casts a spell on readers by bringing her characters to life. Nothing cliché or stereotypical with her witches and warlocks of Melas! **Love the twist on this Northern Californian town's name. Melas is Salem spelled backwards. I can totally see some t-shirts with this on them!

Kling breathes life into each of her characters with vivid descriptions and lush backgrounds. You can’t help but fall in love.

In Devil’s Frost, the third installment of this winning series, we find Lilly still struggling with the betrayal of Orchid, her best friend. She finds there are consequences to using magic. Also a number of painful reveals have her questioning everything including her love for Logan.

Heidi nails the emotions, tension, and conflicts of this coven of witches/warlocks. This series is hotter than The Originals; better than The Secret Circle. **Seriously, I think Klaus can take a lesson from Logan! Devil’s Frost‘s warlocks are very hawt. The chemistry between Lilly and Logan is sizzling and you can’t help but feel that this modern day Romeo and Juliet will overcome all obstacles in their path including a measly Hundred-Year Curse. I mean, true love conquers all, right?

I also love the bonus material which gives readers a glimpse into Lilly’s little sis. Let’s just say I totally love this and can’t wait to find out her part in this story in future installments.

A must read for anyone who loves a witchy YA tale filled with romance, adventure, and hot warlocks.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel

0.0 (0)
In 2001, audiences first met and fell in love with...
On the Come Up

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Bri wants to be one of the greatest rappers...
Spin

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Paris Secord's (aka DJ ParSec) career--and life--has come to...
Leah on the Offbeat

0.0 (0)
Leah Burke—girl-band drummer, master of deadpan, and Simon Spier’s best...
The Brightsiders

0.0 (0)
A teen rockstar has to navigate family, love, coming out,...
IMG_4918.jpg

0.0 (0)
The black X of the Aramach Rebels marks the...
City of Beasts

0.0 (0)
"If you see a beast, and you have the...
The Grace Year

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
No one speaks of the grace year. It’s forbidden....
The Fractured Empire

0.0 (0)
The Ceithren Empire is finally at peace, but for...
The Survival List

0.0 (0)
Sloane Weber is devastated when her older sister dies...
To Kill a Kingdom

0.0 (0)
This action-packed YA debut pits a deadly siren princess and...
Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)

0.0 (0)
Into the Crooked Place begins a gritty two-book YA fantasy...
Kingdom of Souls

0.0 (0)
Magic has a price—if you’re willing to pay. The...
A Warm Friendship

0.0 (0)
"This heartwarming story deals with friendship, empathy, caring, nurturing and...
The Rift

0.0 (0)
As corporate greed is pitted against supernatural forces, two young...
Abraham Lincoln: The Making of America #3

0.0 (0)
The third installment of the Making of America series, Abraham...

Latest Member Reviews

Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel

"As Middle Grade graphic novel adaptations go, this urban fantasy is above par. The artwork has a bit..."
Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)

"INTO THE CROOKED PLACE is an engaging YA fantasy that follows five characters on a quest of aligned goals- even..."
To Kill a Kingdom

"TO KILL A KINGDOM is a wonderful YA fantasy about a siren and a pirate. Told in alternating points of..."
A Warm Friendship

"A WARM FRIENDSHIP is a story of friendship and loss, celebrating the time that you have together. Squirrel finds Snowman..."
Winter's Captive

"YA fantasy has always been my favorite. However, the past few months, I'd been in a slump. I struggled getting..."
The Rift

"THE RIFT is a unique YA fantasy that takes place on Black Water Island, a place prized for the herd..."
The Fractured Empire

"I don’t know where to start! The Fractured Empire by Robin D. Mahle is the first in the World Apart..."
Abraham Lincoln: The Making of America #3

"A highly accessible biographical overview of (arguably) the most renowned and history-altering of all the United States presidents. The book..."
The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)

"THE BEAUTIFUL takes place in New Orleans, primarily following a young woman, Celine. Celine fled France after a terrible event..."
Hilda and the Mountain King (Hilda, #6)

"HILDA AND THE MOUNTAIN KING is an engaging and thrilling children's fantasy adventure. This graphic novel tells the story of..."

"Eighteen-year-old Daniel Matheson goes to Madrid, Spain with his family in order for his mother to reconnect with the country..."
Glow of the Fireflies

"GLOW OF THE FIREFLIES is a YA fantasy that follows a teenaged girl, Briony, who has no memories from before..."