Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2425
THIS is how you end a trilogy!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

I highly loved the first 2 books in this series, and could not wait for INTO THE STILL BLUE. I'm kind of a Perry fangirl, (okay, more like a Perry stalker, but whatever), and I need to know how his story ends. And yes, I need to know how the story ends for all the characters, too.

What I really loved about this book, was how Rossi doesn't make everything perfect. Aria, Perry, Roar and everyone else have to go through some pretty intense, horrible things in this book. I cried, I laughed, I screamed, and at a couple points I curled up into a tiny ball and wasn't sure I wanted to keep reading. I'm glad I did.

Not only is the story believable (meaning the characters lives aren't perfect), but the characters feel like family. Aria and Perry's romantic love is not the only focus and I love that. Friendships, hatred, jealousy, heartbreak, and selflessness area all explored in this trilogy. Don't' get me wrong, I loved Aria and Perry's scenes. But I greatly appreciated the story of all the other characters as well, and how Aria and Perry related to them.

I was preparing myself for a heartbreaking ending. I was ready for whatever Ms. Rossi threw at me, or at least I thought I was. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but have tissues ready, and maybe even something you can throw across the room at times. The ending makes sense and I made peace with that. I appreciate an author who can write the story her characters deserve, not the story the readers want. Great job Veronica Rossi. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Fisher- Price Fun in the Jungle: Explore, Touch, and Feel

0.0 (0)
Children will love exploring the different textures in this playful...
Glitter Globes: The Night Before Christmas

0.0 (0)
On the night before Christmas, all over the house, not...
Belinda Fellgate: HellCat

0.0 (0)
A contemporary teen fantasy about an inept 14-year-old girl who...
Breathless

0.0 (0)
From Jennifer Niven, the #1 New York Times bestselling author...
Music for Tigers

0.0 (0)
Shipped halfway around the world to spend the summer...
Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)

0.0 (0)
A broken world. An overwhelming evil. ...
Kingdom of Ice and Bone (The Frozen Sun Saga, #2)

0.0 (0)
Lira and Reyker have lost everything. Including each other....
Sword of the Seven Sins

0.0 (0)
Eva Marteinn never wanted to be a killer. Raised...
Things That Should Stay Buried

0.0 (0)
Some destinies are written in the stars. Others must...
How It All Blew Up

0.0 (0)
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda goes to Italy...
Horrid

0.0 (0)
From the author of You Must Not Miss comes...
Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of Destiny

0.0 (0)
The latest phenomenal work from New York Times Bestselling author...
The Adventures of Bubba Jones (#4): Time Traveling Through Grand Canyon National Park

0.0 (0)
In the fourth book of this award-winning national park series,...
The Companion

0.0 (0)
The other orphans say Margot is lucky. Lucky to...
Sanctuary

0.0 (0)
It's 2032, and in this near-future America, all citizens...
Teen Titans: Beast Boy

0.0 (0)
Author Kami Garcia (Beautiful Creatures) and artist Gabriel Picolo,...

Latest Member Reviews

Luminous

"A brave and elaborately imagined tale—laden with unforgettable imagery. One thing I can say for certain about Luminous… I’ve..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"I remember the film coming out and I was quite curious to see what it was about but I wanted..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"It's easy to see why this became such a hyped up popular novel. It was very well written and the..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"I have read this book so many times I just may have it memorized. I LOVED this book and the..."
The Fault In Our Stars

AshAsh
"Captivating. Heartfelt. Heart warming...and most of all, REAL. And also a bit scary. But not scary in the way you..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"At first I thought it was going to be a boring book. But as i got into it more it..."
Just One Year (Just One Day #2)

"To say the only thing I thought about was reading this book wouldn’t be a lie. I couldn’t stop thinking..."
Just One Day (Just One Day #1)

"And I finally did it. It took me more than a year since I bought the book to actually read..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"This book is amazing, but there are some things that don't make sense. It is a tear-jerking novel about two..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"Originally posted on Goodreads. Actual rating: 0.5 I read this book because my cousin made me. She really likes..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"I first read the Fault in Our Stars back in 2012, when I'd just gotten into the whole John and..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"Wow. I was impressed when I read it, almost to the point of tears. The characters are well developed, and..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"All last year I felt guilty for not having read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. How could..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"When I first heard about this book I was like oh God not another sad story about a kid with..."
Atlantia

"This book was in one word AMAZING possibly one of the best books I've read! This book shocked me from..."
Isla and the Happily Ever After

" This book. This book was... absolutely fantastic. The third book in the standalone series,..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"I really enjoyed this book, but probably not as much as other people obsess about it. It was a sweet..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"Around this time last year I went to WHSmith and picked up a copy of The Fault In Our Stars..."
Atlantia

"Characters & Relationships: Despite Rio, our main character being a mermaid and having such a powerful voice she sure as..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"In The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, he builds a story out of darkness and despair. He takes..."