Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 3207
Better than the first!
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

I wasn't a huge fan of the first book. I enjoyed it alright, but I thought I'd go ahead and give the second book a chance. I actually liked it better than the first. I really enjoyed reading how Adam goes to a regular camp and tries to be a "normal" person. I was excited for him that he was able to do that, for as long as it lasted. I also really liked Mart's character. Although I felt she was a bit harsh on Adam at times, but I compltely understood why.

I'm not sure why the female characters in these books have to have such horrible home lives, but they do. I have a hard time reading about them. I realize these things happen in real life, I just feel that so far in this series, if something can go wrong in the female leads lives to make them worse, it does. I guess it just creates more drama. I think it's a bit much, but that's just me and my love of happily ever afters.

I was extremely surprised at the goings ons of summer camp. I mean, I know stuff happens, but my goodness....however, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this was addressed throughout the book and happy that parents got involved.

Overall a good read. I think Adam is my favorite Jamieson brother, and I really enjoyed how we got to revisit Peter and Libby for a bit! If you enjoyed A Rock and a Hard Place you will enjoy this book!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account