Review Detail

Stolen Hot
Young Adult Fiction 3381
Beautifully written and thought-provoking
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Any review that I write for this book won’t be able to do it justice. It’s so hard to put into words the wide range of emotions that I felt while reading this and how deeply this book affected me without giving too much away, but here goes nothing.

Stolen is definitely one of the best books that I have ever read – the number of times I had to put it down because I was crying too hard to see the words on the pages can attest to that.

The characters are incredibly real and complex, to the point where you too are experiencing Stockholm Syndrome. The Australian Outback, where much of Stolen takes place, is more than just a setting – it’s beautiful yet dangerous, harsh yet loving, and is truly a character in its own right.

The writing is beautiful and evocative, and will simultaneously break your heart and give you hope. In the end, you’ll find yourself wondering how we can truly judge what is right and wrong, especially when it comes to the actions of others. After all, “it’s hard to hate someone once you understand them.”
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Faith has always known she was different and her...
The Mall

0.0 (0)
The year is 1991. Scrunchies, mixtapes and 90210 are, like,...

0.0 (0)
In Poems to Live Your Life By, Chris Riddell, political...
The Claires

0.0 (0)
Four beautiful girls. Quadruplets. They are not identical.But each is...
The Life Below

4.0 (1)
It was hard enough for Naomi to leave Leo,...
What He Hides

0.0 (0)
She wants the truth... or does she? They say...
The Shadows Between Us

0.0 (0)
Tricia Levenseller, author of Daughter of the Pirate King,...
Devil Darling Spy

0.0 (0)
It's 1940, and Sarah Goldstein is hiding in plain...

0.0 (0)
"more forgetting time. more midnight dances with yourself."...
The Upside of Falling

0.0 (0)
It’s been years since eighteen-year-old Becca Hart believed in...
More Than His Best Friend

0.0 (0)
She’s got a strict rule against dating. Could her...
Salty, Bitter, Sweet

0.0 (0)
A slow-burn romance in a cutthroat kitchen! There’s more to...
The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)

0.0 (0)
Set in the world of the New York Times–bestselling Winner’s...
The Winter Duke

0.0 (0)
She survived the curse. Now she must survive the throne....
Most Likely (Most Likely, #1)

0.0 (0)
From the creator of the hit TV series The Bold...
Look Both Ways

0.0 (0)
This story was going to begin like all the best...

Latest Member Reviews

Dragon Rising: A Mulan Inspired Fantasy

"The story: Hua Minglan will sacrifice everything to avenge the death of her sister, and when war threatens her..."
Darkblood Academy

"AWESOME"
Falling For My Nemesis

"Mia and Carson have always had it out for each other. But when Carson hits Mia in the face with..."
The N Word

"'Dating the Boy Next Door' by Michelle MacQueen and Ann Maree Craven is a wonderful sequel to the first book..."
My Name is Erin, and My Mom's an Addict

"Erin Whitaker's father is dead and her mother is a drug addict. When she is very young her mother..."
Spoken

"Roman has his life turned upside down when, amidst a scandal, his mom decides to leave LA. Roman must learn..."
Fire (The Wings Trilogy: Adam, #2)

N/A
"Advice to save your marriage and get your Ex Boyfriend/girlfriend back ,contact assurancesolutionhome@gmail.com for Urgent effective love Spell to get..."
Spark (The Wings Trilogy: Adam, #1)

"Advice to save your marriage and get your Ex Boyfriend/girlfriend back ,contact assurancesolutionhome@gmail.com for Urgent effective love Spell to get..."
Ashes (The Wings Trilogy: Adam, #3)

"This is a beautiful book—both in how it is designed and how it is written. The prose is lyrical, yet..."
Roman and the Hopeless Romantic (Gulf City High)

"Best friends….secret love….y’all Michelle MacQueen put my two favorite tropes into one incredibly sweet story. Roman and the Hopeless Romantic..."
Adeline's Aria

" The Story: Addie has an obsession with British rocker Jude, but it's just a fan..."

"Another chilling story from L.V. Pires. This one started out with the main character from Book 1, Casey, fighting an..."
Ghosting You

"Reviewed for YA Books Central A heartwarming love story. The Story: Tommy..."
A Pain Less Ordinary

"A Pain Less Ordinary is a tragic tale of a modern girl whose family has fallen apart. Becca struggles to..."
The Waiting Mortuary

"I'm not normally one to read horror fiction, but I thought I'd give this book a chance and was blown..."

"After Cassie witnesses the murder of her mother, she develops anxiety over just about everything. She doesn't talk to anyone..."
Seneca Lake

"Meg lives in a small town in upstate NY (outside Ithaca) in the later years of WWII. She is torn..."

"In the first book, we were introduced to Jesse’s sister, Cassie, and his best friend, Roman. After witnessing their mother’s..."
First Earth: Book One in the Arch Mage Series

""Agnes' journey not only kept me turning pages, but pulled me into the journey of self-discovery right along with her...."