Review Detail

Opal (Lux #3) FeaturedHot
Young Adult Fiction 5293
Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Oh my goodness. How I have waiting to dig into this book. I requested it not long after I finished Onyx and have been waiting patiently for the library to fill my request so I could find out what happened with Katy and Daemon. As I also read Shadows around the same time that I read this book, it gave me a unique perspective on Dawson and his love for Beth. I was giddy with anticipation as I opened the book and started to read.

When we left off in Onyx, Dawson had just come home after a particularly fearful encounter with the splinter organization of the Department of Defense, Daedalus. Of course, there was to be expected some changes in Dawson's character. He was no longer the happy-go-lucky boy that he once was. He no longer mirrored Dee's thirst for interaction with humans. He was moody, morose, and uneasily quiet. The only time he did speak was in his declaration to free Beth from her captors. This idea was met with resistance, what with Katy's recent entrapment in their facility. Dawson was not to be swayed. The family had to make a choice. Follow and aid Dawson in is task or let him do it on his own and risk losing him again, this time permanently.

A couple of fiends from their past resurface and the Luxens and Katy must decide who they can trust and how to handle the delicate positions these people have in their lives. They can't just run around flashing people with their deadly beams of light without the possibility of consequences resurfacing, right?

As with all the books in the Lux series, there are always consequences for every single action they take. Mostly, their lives consist of trying to hammer out a normal life while keeping their less than human identities a secret and keeping themselves together. We always seem to lose someone important in one fashion or another in each of the Lux series books. Tragedy seems to follow Daemon and Katy no matter what they do.

I absolutely love this series. I have never read anything so unique and awe-inspiring. From the moment I read Obsidian, I knew I would be hooked. Now that I have completed Opal and have to await the release of Origin, I somewhat wish I had waited until the newest book was out before diving into the series. I hate the wait! I am a strong believer in instant gratification, so waiting for a book in one of my favorite alien romance series is sheer torture! What more can I say about Opal besides the obvious praises of it being yet another great installment in the series?

Opal continues the trials and tribulations of a charismatic alien and a introverted quasi-human. It breaks hearts with every page turn and addicts its reader to the a fictitious story that almost seems real. Opal is the third book in a series that everybody should read before the Department of Defense deems it classified material and banishes it to the bowels of Area 51. Hey... who says aliens are all that fictitious?

Review Posted on: http://www.ladybugliterature.blogspot.com
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Be Our Guest!

0.0 (0)
Join Gray Malin’s menagerie of wild animals for a stay...
Hat Tricks

0.0 (0)
Meet Hattie the magician―she’s a natural performer, and you’re invited...
Stanley's Toolbox

0.0 (0)
It’s another busy day with Stanley and friends! ...
Spring Is Here!

0.0 (0)
When spring arrives, baby animals come out to play with...
10 Things I Hate About Pinky

0.0 (0)
The delightful follow-up to When Dimple Met Rishi and There’s...
The Child of Chaos

0.0 (0)
This is what fantasy fiction should be." --Piers Anthony, New...
Want to Read Rate this book 1 of 5 stars2 of 5 stars3 of 5 stars4 of 5 stars5 of 5 stars Preview Star-Spangled: The Story of a Flag, a Battle, and the American Anthem

0.0 (0)
“O say can you see” begins one of the most...

0.0 (0)
July 20, 1969. It’s a day that has earned a...
Thurgood Marshall

0.0 (0)
When Thurgood Marshall—the great grandson of a slave—was born, African...
Down Under the Pier

0.0 (0)
There’s lots of fun to be had up on the...
Lali's Feather

0.0 (0)
This endearing story of identification and values shows the rewards...

0.0 (0)
Book three in a hilarious new series featuring one boy...

0.0 (0)
Everything starts with a question, like this one: Why do...

0.0 (0)
Worries, fears, and anxieties are all dragons that sneak up...
The Copycat

0.0 (0)
A funny, unpredictable, and heartfelt new novel from Wendy McLeod...

Latest Member Reviews

Grasping at Eternity (Kindrily #1)

"*A thousand thanks to All Night Reads for the free review copy via Netgalley* Reincarnation is an interesting idea..."
Asunder (Newsoul #2)

"Asunder continues the story of Ana, a Newsoul, the first one born in thousands of years among the people of..."

"I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from Grasping at Eternity, but it’s easy to say that it exceeded any..."
Asunder (Newsoul #2)

"5/5 Asunder broke my heart, mended it, then shattered it again. My heart's current state: pieced together in..."
Asunder (Newsoul #2)

"Find this review and more at On The Shelf! Jodi Meadows writes some of my favorite book scenes and..."
Asunder (Newsoul #2)

"Incarnate was hands down the most unique book I read last year. It had dragons, fantastical equivalents to iPhone's (the..."

"Grasping at Eternity was a difficult but engaging read. The thing with the book is, so many things happen that..."
Asunder (Newsoul #2)

"Asunder was simply breathtaking. By the time I reached the final page I was immediately craving the sequel. Asunder took..."
Asunder (Newsoul #2)

"I won an ARC copy of glorious book through Zach's YA Reviews. Winning this book for free has in no..."
Asunder (Newsoul #2)

" I couldn't decide between 3.5 and 4, so I went with four because of Sam and the ending. ..."
Asunder (Newsoul #2)

"The whole concept and plot of this series is so very original. The premise of souls being reincarnated and then..."
Asunder (Newsoul #2)

"Asunder is an amazing follow-up to the wonderful Incarnate! The world is easily my favorite thing about this series, as..."