Review Detail

Speechless FeaturedHot
Young Adult Fiction 5371
Read this book, now!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

First of all let me say one thing- I liked Saving June but, this novel... Speechless was so much better. I don’t usually read abuse books. It doesn’t matter if it’s about physical or verbal abuse. I am not comfortable with this subject because almost in all cases the victim can’t do a damn thing about it and just takes it all. Kids used to tease me about the way I dress and look, they still do, even today while I was walking past some idiots they made a comment about my hair. I take this stuff pretty well. I usually do some more weird stuff just to make them stare more because that is who I am. And I am not changing for anyone!

High-school is even more fragile period for kids than middle school was because that is when you are starting to discover yourself. Well, I can’t say that happened to everyone, but it did to me. I stopped hanging around my old friends because they didn’t understand why I was acting differently all of the sudden. But kids soon forget you and you find other friends who appreciate you for with all of your flaws and virtues.

I am not perfect. I’ve done some awful things to people but like Chelsea said- you need to cut yourself some slack and before asking for forgiveness you should forgive yourself first. You need to stop hating your freckles, crooked teeth, small breasts or whatever troubles you and just embrace it because that is all you, and you are unique!

Wow, after reading this review I see it’s in fact NOT a review but just me rambling. So sorry for that. This book is definitely worth the time and I would recommend it to everyone.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Thomas Edison

0.0 (0)
Learn about the life of Thomas Edison in this early...
Pete the Cat: 5-Minute Bedtime Stories: Includes 12 Cozy Stories!

0.0 (0)
Join Pete the Cat for 12 groovy, cozy stories perfect...
Sabina: In the Eye of the Storm

0.0 (0)
As in Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl" and...
Literally: Amazing Words and Where They Come From

0.0 (0)
A stunning non-fiction picture book about the origins of the...
Ty's Travels: All Aboard!

0.0 (0)
Join Ty on his imaginative adventures in Ty's Travels: All...
Cuddle Close, Little Koala

0.0 (0)
A reassuring bedtime story about the special bond between a...
We Are Together

0.0 (0)
The power of love and friendship is celebrated in this...
Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)

0.0 (0)
Half-angel Trinity and her bonded gargoyle protector, Zayne, have been...
Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)

0.0 (0)
"A thrilling adventure, through a vibrant city as alive as...
Shadow of the Batgirl

0.0 (0)
Cassandra Cain, teenage assassin, isn't exactly Batgirl material...yet. Will she...
Of Ice and Shadows

0.0 (0)
The long-awaited sequel to Of Fire and Stars—in which Mare...
Agnes at the End of the World

0.0 (0)
The Handmaid's Tale meets Wilder Girls in this genre-defying novel...
My Love is All Around

0.0 (0)
Mommy Bear shows Baby Bear how love is all around...
I'm not a Mouse!

0.0 (0)
Olivia really doesn't like her nickname - mostly because it...
My Panda Sweater

0.0 (0)
The other kids may laugh, but I always feel safe...
One Day on our Blue Planet... In the Outback

0.0 (0)
From breakfast to dinner, dusk to dawn, children will love...

Latest Member Reviews

Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)

"RAGE AND RUIN is a fantastic sequel in THE HARBINGER series. Picking up where the first book left off, we..."
Diamond City (City of Steel and Diamond, #1)

"DIAMOND CITY follows Aina, an assassin. Aina was out on the streets as a young child, when her parents were..."
Shadow of the Batgirl

"SHADOW OF THE BATGIRL is an origin story for Cassandra Cain. Cassandra was raised by her villain father as a..."
That's Not What Happened

"WHAT I LOVED: There have been countless school shootings in the United States and hundreds if not thousands of..."
Of Ice and Shadows

"WHAT I LOVED: One of my biggest complaints about Of Fire and Stars was its lacking characterization, but that’s been..."
Agnes at the End of the World

"AGNES AT THE END OF THE WORLD is a poignant YA dystopian that really speaks to humanity and the present...."
The Falling in Love Montage

"THE FALLING IN LOVE MONTAGE is a beautiful YA contemporary romance that follows Saoirse (Seer-sha). Saoirse speaks to the reader..."
Crave

"After the death of her parents, Grace comes to an Alaskan boarding school. Once there, she senses something is 'off'..."
You Brought Me the Ocean

"YOU BROUGHT ME THE OCEAN is a graphic novel of the origin story for Aqualad. Jake is 17 and living..."
The Most Dangerous Place on Earth

" I received a free copy from the publisher through Netgalley. The Most Dangerous Place on Earth centers around a..."
Pumpkinheads

"I am pretty new to graphic novels so when I won a copy of 'Pumpkin Heads' on GoodReads I was..."
Burn

"BURN imagines a world that is just like ours, except that dragons exist. Dragons have been around for longer than..."
Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed

"WONDER WOMAN: TEMPEST TOSSED is a fantastic new story featuring Diana coming into her own. She has been raised among..."
The Archer at Dawn (The Tiger at Midnight, #2)

"THE ARCHER AT DAWN is a fantastic sequel in the THE TIGER AT MIDNIGHT trilogy. This second book picks up..."
My Calamity Jane

"What worked: This is a fun paranormal twist on historical figures set in the Wild West of 1876. I loved..."
Where Dreams Descend

"FEEDBACK This book was everything I wanted and more. It begins with Kallia and her performance. It quickly descends into..."
The State of Us

"THE STATE OF US is a really fantastic YA contemporary romance that follows the children of two political rivals. Dean's..."
Live Like Legends

"LIVE LIKE LEGENDS is an absolutely fantastic YA fantasy romance. We follow Kalista, who is a princess born to be..."
Blood Countess (Lady Slayers)

"Visually, this book is a gorgeous work of art, splattered with blood from cover to cover. For those familiar with..."
Like Sisters on the Homefront

"Top 3 reasons to read LIKE SISTERS ON THE HOMEFRONT: 1.) The characters- Gayle, a NYC girl sent to..."