Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 9385
A truly "Elite Sequel"
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Although I was hoping by this point, America would truly be focused on one man, I still cannot put this series down.

At the start of the book only six remain, and America is the underdog in the public's eye. I mean after all, she was a five. And although she never felt like an underdog before, Prince Maxon is no longer paying as much attention to her, and is showering some of the others with it. While she knows it isn't fair to be jealous, she is.

On top of that, she has Aspen problems as well. He has made it clear that he does not want to lose her, loves her, and he will fight for her no matter what. With the lack of attention from Maxon, it is tempting for her to fall back into his arms, but dangerous. In fact, it is considered treason and is punishable by death, which one of America's friends can attest to.

Maxon is aware of America's withdrawal too, and while he claims she is still "the one" for him, his actions with the other ladies does not prove it. Just when America is ready to call it quits and make her grand exit, Maxon makes a sacrifice for her she just cannot ignore. The novel ends with her being allowed to stay as the numbers dwindle, but with harsher conditions and the loss of Maxon's trust.

I honestly cannot wait for the next book to come out. I 100% team Maxon, and I hope he wins her heart in the next novel, for good!
Good Points
~Still couldn't put this one down
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Two Dogs on a Trike

0.0 (0)
Count up to 10 and back down again in this...
Bonaparte Plays Ball

0.0 (0)
Join a skeleton named Bonaparte and his teammates as they...
Strong Voices: Fifteen American Speeches Worth Knowing

0.0 (0)
Strong Voices: Fifteen American Speeches Worth Knowing is a collection...
Bernard Makes a Splash

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming story from textile designer and illustrator Lisa Stickley...
Wild Girl: How to Have Incredible Outdoor Adventures

0.0 (0)
Calling wild girls everywhere! Helen Skelton – adventurer, world-record breaker...
Stanley's Paint Box

0.0 (0)
It’s another busy day with Stanley and friends! ...
The Unleashed

0.0 (0)
In the terrifying sequel to The Haunted, Hendricks discovers that...
Paint by Sticker Kids: Dinosaurs: Create 10 Pictures One Sticker at a Time!

0.0 (0)
Create pictures of 10 awesome dinosaurs... with stickers! ...
Tad
Tad

0.0 (0)
From Benji Davies, the award-winning creator of The Storm Whale...
Go Get 'Em, Tiger! (A Hello!Lucky Book)

0.0 (0)
The perfect picture book to celebrate every milestone from the...
A World of Opposites

0.0 (0)
From ALONE and TOGETHER to ABOVE and BELOW, Gray Malin’s...
The Voting Booth

0.0 (0)
From Stonewall Award-winning author Brandy Colbert comes an all-in-one-day love...
Now & When

0.0 (0)
For fans of Jenny Han and Christine Riccio comes a...
Dating Makes Perfect

0.0 (0)
The Tech sisters don’t date in high school. Not because...
Now That I've Found You

0.0 (0)
Now That I've Found You is a YA novel about...
Entwined

0.0 (0)
Sometimes love gets a bit twisted. ...

Latest Member Reviews

Code Word Courage

"Billie and her big brother, Leo, have lived with their great aunt Doff for a while, since their mother passed..."
The Fences Between Us: The Diary of Piper Davis, Seattle, Washington, 1941 (Dear America)

" Like the rest of the country, twelve-year-old Piper Davis is horrified when the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor. She anxiously..."
Hattie Big Sky (Hattie #1)

"Reader reviewed by Jinxie Hattie is just 15 when she sets out to work a claim of her uncle in..."

"Reader reviewed by Julie M. Prince The world is full of possibilities for some, but for sixteen-year-old Hattie Brooks, it..."

"Reader reviewed by the Dizzy The amazing Kirby Larson strikes the heart with her amazing novel, Hattie Big Sky. ..."

"Reader reviewed by Samantha This book is so good and the end it almost made me cry. Its so beautfully..."

TM Terry Miller Shannon
"Sixteen-year-old Hattie is an orphan who inherits a Montana homestead claim from her uncle in 1918. Hattie is in search..."