Review Detail

The Darkest Minds FeaturedHot
Young Adult Fiction 30433
I loved this book with a burning burning passion!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

The Darkest Minds is a relatively new dystopian novel written in December.
Unlike other Dystopians "cough" Gone *Cough!!!* this book does not glorify that children are great and adults are evil, and even though it shows that, it doesn't say it..not really. I really loved this book. Ruby was such a well rounded character, but she didn't know/understand somethings which happened to her which I can get because she only has a fourth grade education.. There was one part of the book that I didn't like, when you read it you will see..actually two parts. the part near the end and the ending. the ending made me want to rip Alexandra Bracken amazingly intelligent head off! She is lucky there is another book coming out, or I would have died. Ruby's been through a lot despite her sixteen years of age, and she isn't whiny or hopelessly in love like most characters now a days. There was no insta-love either which was amazing because too many books have that and it pisses me off. You will cry and scream and swoon so be prepared!
Good Points
I loved everything
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Wizenard Series: Season One

0.0 (0)
Reggie has never felt destined for greatness. He dreams about...
TURBO Racers: Escape Velocity

0.0 (0)
The Fast and the Furious meets Transformers in the second...
Bread Lab!

0.0 (0)
It’s a sleepy Saturday morning for most people, but not...
A Thousand No's

0.0 (0)
This empowering picture book teaches readers that even great ideas...
Ronan Boyle and the Swamp of Certain Death (Ronan Boyle, #2)

0.0 (0)
The hilarious sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller,...
Sharko and Hippo

0.0 (0)
With tongue-twisty wordplay and escalating absurdity, this is a fall-down-funny...
The Thing About Bees: A Love Letter

0.0 (0)
A LOVE POEM FROM A FATHER TO HIS TWO SONS,...
The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)

0.0 (0)
Kings become outcasts and lovers become foes in The Faithless...
Zora's Zucchini

0.0 (0)
The first zucchini of a summer garden is always exciting,...
Libby Loves Science

0.0 (0)
Libby loves science! In this STEM-themed picture book, a companion...
The Hidden Rainbow

0.0 (0)
All the colors of the rainbow are hidden in the...
The Places We Sleep

0.0 (0)
A family divided, a country going to war, and a...
Chasing Starlight

0.0 (0)
Movies, mansions, and murder in the Golden Age of Hollywood!...

0.0 (0)
Midwestern high school seniors and swim teammates Alli and Brandon...

0.0 (0)
True love has never been more deadly in this lush...
Kamala and Maya's Big Idea

0.0 (0)
Meena Harris debuts with an empowering picture book about two...

Latest Member Reviews

Agnes at the End of the World

"AGNES AT THE END OF THE WORLD is a poignant YA dystopian that really speaks to humanity and the present...."
Imagine Me (Shatter Me #6)

"Have you ever been so blown away by a series that you don't even know how to put all your..."
Bloom (The Bloom Trilogy #1)

"Anaya has horrible allergies to everything; plants, food, animals. They also cause her to have terrible acne, and she is..."
Elysium Girls

"ELYSIUM GIRLS is an engaging YA historical fantasy/dystopian. In the 1930s, an area of Oklahoma suddenly got cut off from..."
Sting

"STING is an intriguing YA dystopian retelling of THE COUNT OF MONTE CHRISTO. The world has been ravaged by climate..."
Defy the Sun (The Offering Series, #2)

"DEFY THE SUN is a fantastic conclusion to this YA fantasy duology. This book picks up right where the first..."
We Unleash the Merciless Storm

"Carmen Santos cover as a La Voz soldier has been exposed. She flees back to the La Voz's headquarters, leaving..."
Keystone

"KEYSTONE is an interesting YA dystopian. In the future, the world is now one collective country and is primarily ruled..."
Refraction

"Marty is a flawed character in any number of ways, not least of which is his propensity to do what's..."
Refraction

"REFRACTION is a highly readable/devourable book that is certainly a page-turner. In the post-apocalyptic future, a small island appears to..."
The Grace Year

"It’s been one week since I finished The Grace Year by Kim Liggett as I sit down to start this..."
The Light at the Bottom of the World (The Light at the Bottom of the World, #1)

"THE LIGHT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WORLD is a compelling and atmospheric YA fantasy/science fiction. In the future, the..."
Eve of Man

"EVE OF MAN by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher is the latest in YA dystopias. In the story, a phenomenon of..."
City of Beasts

"CITY OF BEASTS is the must-read dystopian of the fall. Highly recommend for fans of THE DIVERGENT, DARKEST MINDS, and/or..."
The Memory Thief

"THE MEMORY THIEF is an engrossing YA fantasy that will keep you turning pages late into the night. Etta lives..."
Rated

"RATED follows six teens in alternating points-of-view as they navigate a dystopian future. In this society, your life is dictated..."
The Grace Year

"THE HANDMAID'S TALE meets LORD OF THE FLIES in this dark, atmospheric, and sweeping YA dystopian. Tierney James is 16-years-old,..."
Trash

"The plot of the story for most of the book is great but towards the end of the book, it..."
Breakout

"BREAKOUT by A.M. Rose is an edge-of-your-seat, YA dystopian adventure that will have you turning page after page well past..."
The Grace Year

"What worked: Just wowza. This is one intense, haunting tale of girls that are banished on their sixteenth year to..."