Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2891
A Realistic Story on Love, Sex, and Relationships
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Anatomy of a Boyfriend is one of the most honest books I've read out there that deals with the main character's sex life. In addition to being honest, Daria Snadowsky manages to write a story that is painfully realistic when it comes to love, sex, and relationships.

I read this one the first time when it came out in paperback in 2008, so it was interesting to do a reread again now before I went on to read its sequel.

While I wouldn't say Anatomy of a Boyfriend is overly grapic, Daria Snadowsky does not hold back or drop the black curtain when it comes to sex scenes like many books of the genre do. The scenes in the book don't cross the "line". It is one of those books that I think a lot of teens could benefit from - it lays out information from them that they may want. I love the realistic portrayals of relationships not only between Dom and Wesley, but also Amy and her different conquests.

Readers get a pretty real constant stream of consciousness from Dom - we she thinks, you know. I loved that real - again it is another instant where there really is no barrier between the reader and the story. Anatomy of a Boyfriend really is one of those honest, real books that I would recommend for teens to read.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Beautiful Ones

0.0 (0)
They are the Beautiful Ones, Loisail’s most notable socialites,...
Ember of Night

0.0 (0)
I am a weed. Unloved by my abusive, alcoholic...
Made in Korea

0.0 (0)
Frankly in Love meets Shark Tank in this feel-good...
Perfectly Parvin

0.0 (0)
Fourteen-year-old Iranian-American Parvin Mohammadi sets out to win the...
Havoc (Haven, #2)

0.0 (0)
For the first time in his life, Rain Ryland...
Finding Junie Kim

0.0 (0)
Junie Kim just wants to fit in. So she keeps...
Parachutes

0.0 (0)
Speak enters the world of Gossip Girl in this modern...
The Bachmann Family Secret

0.0 (0)
Jaret Bachmann travels with his family to his beloved...
Sister of the Bollywood Bride

0.0 (0)
For fans of Morgan Matson's Save the Date comes a...
Nosotros Means Us: Un cuento bilingüe

0.0 (0)
A moving bilingual ode to the unshakeable bond between a...
Awakened Are the Starry-Eyed

0.0 (0)
A new city and unexpected freedom give Andrea the fresh...
A Brutal Justice

0.0 (0)
Protect the weak. Safety for all. Power without virtue is...
A Tale of Ashes

0.0 (0)
Across the country, human teens are going missing, and all...
The Captain's Daughters

0.0 (0)
What would you do if you were abducted by aliens,...
The Hollow Inside

0.0 (0)
Seventeen-year-old Phoenix has spent much of her life drifting from...
Truth or Dare

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Summervale… One of the USA’s top vacation...

Latest Member Reviews

Daughters of Jubilation

"It's South Carolina in 1962. Sixteen-year-old Evvie has two little sisters to take care of, a single mother, and finally..."
We Unleash the Merciless Storm

"Carmen Santos cover as a La Voz soldier has been exposed. She flees back to the La Voz's headquarters, leaving..."
Brown Girl Ghosted

"Sixteen-year-old Violet Choudhury has a huge secret. During the day she's part of her Midwestern town's cheer squad and at..."
Gods of Jade and Shadow

"Eighteen-year-old Casiopea feels trapped in her rich grandfather’s home in southern Mexico. She wants to leave their small town and..."
The Belles

""The Belles" is a fantastic YA fantasy, taking place in the kingdom of Orleans. Legend has it that the goddess..."
The Belles

"What worked: This is one of those books that totally lives up to the hype. Rich, lush descriptions woven throughout..."
Dear Martin

"WHAT I LOVED: Jus is a well-drawn character, one of just eight black students at his very white and..."
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter

"WHAT I LOVED: White people like me are unlikely to get this book or get much from it either. It’s..."
Dear Martin

"Justyce is at the top of his class, captain of the debate team, and on track to attend a prestigious..."
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter

"I was excited to be asked to read and review I AM NOT YOUR PERFECT MEXICAN DAUGHTER. I love stories..."
Shadowhouse Fall The Shadowshaper Cypher series (Book 2)

"I'm a huge fan of diverse novels, especially ones that are set in the paranormal world. I was beyond excited..."
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

"What can I say that hasn't already been said about this magnificent book? The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue..."

" The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue is a remarkable, witty, and outstanding adventure..."

"THE GENTLEMAN’S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE follows Henry “Monty” Montague as he takes his grand tour across Europe with..."