Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 12059
Daemon!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Daemon in the beginning annoyed the crap out of me but I love him now :)
Good Points
I bought Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout on my own, and this is my honest review.

Lets start with the reason why I decided to pick this book up. So many people in the blog world have read and reviewed Armentrout’s books and I literarily have not heard one ill word towards her work. So with that I grabbed Obsidian off of Amazon the second I had the chance, and it may or may not have sat on my shelf for awhile but the point is I read it and I have to say the hype about this is very accurate.

I love to read but something I love more, is finding new things while reading. Like Aliens! This is the first book I have ever read that had to do with Aliens, which is pretty cool. High school student Katy moves to West Virginia with her mother after her dad dies, and is forced to make friends she never thought though that these friends were not human. Makes you want to go grab the book right now doesn’t it? I encourage you to go do it!

The first thing I noticed about this book that I loved was that the main character Kat, is a book blogger just like me! I can’t even begin to explain how excited that made me, and then seeing posts that I do every week as a book blogger mentioned in this book, I couldn’t get enough of it! I thought it was a great tie into the book world, and I’m sure it gives other book bloggers/reviewers a thrill too.

I honestly never thought that I would ever even attempt to read a book about aliens, but you know when those aliens are as hot as Daemon Black you just have to give them a chance. Granted Daemon is a major ass for a majority of the book, when I read the back of the book and it said how much of a jerk he was I figured okay he is a bad boy which I like. But no he isn’t even a dark bad boy he’s just plain old mean! But very attractive.

Back to the whole alien thing, when I picked it up I was trying to think about what they would look like outside of their human forms, and I honestly could not figure out what they would look like. But I really liked their alien form just pretty shimmering light its almost relaxing!

Can I just say how much I loved Dee! She was so bubbly and bright you just could not be in a bad mood while her character was in the pages, even when Daemon was being rude if she was in the scene you could not help but smile. She was most definitely my favorite character. I can strongly say this book gets a full 5 out of 5 stars!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Sick Kids in Love

0.0 (0)
Isabel has one rule: no dating. It’s easier―...
Pawns (The Wielders of Arantha)

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Seven hundred years in the future, a powerful alien...
Perfectly Oblivious

0.0 (0)
Cameron Bates (Cam) could have almost any girl at...
By Any Means Necessary

0.0 (0)
Heart-wrenchingly honest, fans of Brandy Colbert and Nicola Yoon...
Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)

4.3 (1)
Annie and Lee were just children when a brutal...
Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)

0.0 (0)
Into the Crooked Place begins a gritty two-book YA...
The Rift

0.0 (0)
As corporate greed is pitted against supernatural forces, two...
The Light at the Bottom of the World (The Light at the Bottom of the World, #1)

0.0 (0)
In the last days of the twenty-first century, sea creatures...
Conceal, Don't Feel (Twisted Tales, #7)

0.0 (0)
What if Anna and Elsa never knew each other? ...

0.0 (0)
Bestselling Divergent and Carve the Mark author Veronica Roth delivers...
Bernard Pepperlin

0.0 (0)
The drowsy Dormouse from Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland...
Vicarious

0.0 (0)
Paula Stokes weaves together a series of mysteries and the...
The Bookworm Crush

0.0 (0)
This spinoff of The Replacement Crush featuring Amy and Toff...
The Unexpected Everything

0.0 (0)
Andie must learn to embrace the beauty in chaos in...
What I Like About You

0.0 (0)
Can a love triangle have only two people in it?...
The Kinder Poison

0.0 (0)
In the magical kingdom of Orkena, Zahru has long dreamed...

Latest Member Reviews

Nikki Tesla and the Ferret-Proof Death Ray

"Nikki Tesla is an espionage novel for pre-teens. It’s exciting, engaging, and utterly unique. Nikki Tesla is a..."
Shake It Off! (Wish #8)

"Bria has made some poor choices concerning friends and social media back home in Chicago, so her parents have decided..."
Not if I Can Help It

"Willa has struggled with a sensory processing disorder her whole life, but with supportive parents and some occupational therapy, she..."
My Fate According To The Butterfly

"My Fate According to the Butterfly is probably the first Middle Grade novel I’ve read in a very long time...."

"The Book case is a perfectly suitable mystery, with a cast of characters that will amuse readers both young and..."
Sarai and The Around The World Fair

"Though rich and vibrant in illustrations and culture, Sarai and the Around the World Fair is a slow-mover. ..."
The Pepper Party Picks The Perfect Pet (The Pepper Party, #1)

"Absolute fun is one way to summarize The Pepper Party Picks the Perfect Pet. Perfectly placed and brilliant illustrations helped..."
The Season

"THE SEASON by Sarah MacLean is a YA historical fiction novel that centers around seventeen-year-old Alex, who is coming of..."
Lost in Outer Space: The Incredible Journey of Apollo 13 (Lost #2)

"Thrilling and epic, LOST IN OUTER SPACE tells the harrowing story of the Apollo 13 mission as they learn that..."
Ready, Set, Drive!

"READY, SET, DRIVE will take your child's imagination for a ride. Each page has a different scenario for the reader..."
A Friend For Dragon

"All Dragon wants is a friend, but doesn't have any luck. The squirrel is too busy, the hippo is too..."
Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go on a Class Trip (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat #3)

"Library copy Sassy and Waldo are super excited to go to the city museum (even though their..."