Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2594
Sweet and funny contemporary romance
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Bliss Edwards is a control freak. And that's the reason why she is is a couple of months from graduation and a virgin. As every self-respecting control freak would do she decides that enough is enough and she's gonna 'lose it' before the college is over.

When Bliss confesses the horrible v-truth to her best friend Kelsey, she's got the solution for the problem: slutty outfit, popular bar and a lot of tequila. Kelsey is determined that Bliss is going to have a one-night stand and solve 'the problem' tonight.
But in the bar Bliss still does not feel a spark of attraction for anyone until:
"That was when I noticed him. Well, technically, I noticed the book first."
And that's when Bliss, although she has the lamest name ever, won me over completely. Because I knew that I could spot a book in a crowded bar also. :D

As usual, there are a lot of cliches here but somehow Cora Carmack made them work for me. The blushing, the clumsiness... Even the love triangle can be a good thing if you do it right. I could understand why Bliss was stretched between two guys and had trouble choosing. And who-should-I-pick didn't go on and on eternally for the sake of the tension and making the plot more intense. No, Bliss, quickly decides who is the guy she wants.

I also enjoyed humor and awkward situations that Bliss kept falling into. Reminded me of Kristan Higgins or Aisling Grey from You Slay Me. I'm gonna give you a glimpse of what to expect:
"It wasn't until I'd walked halfway across the parking lot that I realized:
1. I wasn't wearing shoes.
A. Or a shirt.
2. I didn't bring my keys.
A. Or anything really.
3. I'd just left a complete stranger in my apartment.
A. Naked.
Whoever said one-night stands were supposed to be simple with no strings attached had clearly never met the disaster that was me."

There are a lot of new adult contemporary romance novels flooding the market right now, but Losing It won a place in my heart with a cute love story with a slow build-up, array of quirky side characters and a lot of funny situations that made me chuckle. It's a perfect read for romance fans when they want to kick-back they heals and relax.

I recommend this book to fans of: new adult contemporary romance novels set in college; heroes with a British accent; awkward heroines that keep falling into funny situations; if you ever had fantasies about some sexy professor; if you liked Easy by Tammara Webber; ...

Disclaimer: I was given a free eBook by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for a honest review.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
Book three in a hilarious new series featuring one boy...

0.0 (0)
Everything starts with a question, like this one: Why do...

0.0 (0)
Worries, fears, and anxieties are all dragons that sneak up...
The Copycat

0.0 (0)
A funny, unpredictable, and heartfelt new novel from Wendy McLeod...
DC Super Hero Girls: Powerless

0.0 (0)
The DC Super Hero Girls learn what it's like to...
Paola Santiago and the River of Tears

0.0 (0)
Space-obsessed 12-year-old Paola Santiago and her two best friends, Emma...
Clown in a Cornfield

0.0 (0)
Quinn Maybrook just wants to make it until graduation. She...
The Oracle Code

0.0 (0)
The #1 New York Times bestselling author Marieke Nijkamp (This...
Rival Magic

0.0 (0)
A young wizard's apprentice discovers that the best magic is...
Deeplight

0.0 (0)
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea meets Frankenstein in Frances...
The Girl and the Ghost

0.0 (0)
A Malaysian folk tale comes to life in this emotionally...
Izzy Gizmo and the Invention Convention

0.0 (0)
In this companion to the award-winning Izzy Gizmo, Izzy Gizmo...
The Welcome Wagon

0.0 (0)
In Cubby Hill, someone new is someone to celebrate!In a...
Once Upon a Crime: Batman Tales

0.0 (0)
Gotham City is filled with stories--of heroes and of villains,...

0.0 (0)
With Joanie Stone's colorful illustrations and Allison Crotzer Kimmel's inspirational...
Cracked Up To Be

0.0 (0)
The high price of perfection is one 'Perfect' Parker Fadley...

Latest Member Reviews

Good Night, Moon 123 / Buenas Noches, Luna 123: A Counting Book / Un Libro para Contar

"GOODNIGHT, MOON 123 / BUENAS NOCHES, LUNA 123 is a fun counting book themed from the bedtime favorite, GOODNIGHT MOON...."
Ten Little Farm Friends

"TEN LITTLE FARM FRIENDS is a fun, rhyming counting book. Ten baby farm animals are journeying around the farm. Each..."
Good Night, Baboon!: A Bedtime Counting Book

"GOOD NIGHT, BABOON! is a cute and colorful countdown book of animals getting ready for bed- all except one! The..."
One Fox: A Counting Book Thriller

"ONE FOX counts from one to ten in a thrilling way. The fox is hunting for some food and he..."
A Parade of Elephants

"Five elephants march along the pages of Kevin Henkes's picture book, A PARADE OF ELEPHANTS. As they make their way..."
Kindergarten Skills Workbook: Counting to 100

"'Counting to 100,' a Scholastic workbook meant for kindergarten preparation, does a fine job of engaging young children and making..."
Anne's Numbers: Inspired by Anne of Green Gables

"This board book features absolutely gorgeous designs that celebrate, primarily, the settings from the ANNE OF GREEN GABLES series. Counting..."
So Many Bunnies Board Book: A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book

"SO MANY BUNNIES features Mama Bunny and her 26 children. Each little bunny's name starts with a different letter of..."
Stanley's Numbers

"Stanley and his cuteness is back to help teach some basic counting. The items go all the way up to..."
Ducks Away!

"DUCKS AWAY starts off with a mama duck and her five little ducklings crossing the bridge. One by one, the..."
The Ants Go Marching

"THE ANTS GO MARCHING is a count-and-sing book by Priscilla Burris in which the ants in the title rush to..."
Harriet's Horrible Hair Day

"Poor Harriet! Her curly hair is not doing what it is supposed to (I've been there) and her siblings..."
Have You Seen My Dragon?

"In Have You Seen My Dragon, a little boy's city springs to life through intricate black-and-white drawings, dotted throughout with..."
The Bus Driver

"What an adorable counting book, with rhymes to go with it! The book starts off with 1 bus driver..."
10 Valentine Friends

"Exchanging Valentines was always one of my favorite things to do when I was younger, which is exactly what this..."
Tweet Hearts

"Tweet Hearts is a cute counting book that is perfect for your little Valentine. The counting goes from 10..."
Monster Knows Numbers

"This story is a fun, engaging way to teach young readers how to count. Every page takes the reader through..."