Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1924
A pleasant read,but probably the one time sort
(Updated: June 03, 2013)
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

For this review and more visit my blog: http://perrytheplatypus1102-3daydreamer3.blogspot.com/

**I received an Advanced Reading Copy of this book from Disney Hyperion in exchange for an honest review.**

A bittersweet( and maybe a bit scandalous) contemporary about a girl's summer in Nantucket which doesn't turn out exactly the way she wanted it to,Nantucket Blue might be a good read to pack with you while going on vacation.

What I liked the most about this book is that the love triangle wasn't all that deep.Deep love triangles just frustrate me a lot.Sure,this might sound like your typical boy likes girl,girl likes boy back but boy is completely off-limits sort of story,but it doesn't stop there.Nantucket Blue also shows that even when you mess up pretty badly and hope for your life to be over,you eventually get over it and move on.

It took me a while to actually accept the story from Cricket's P.O.V,as at first she just seemed like someone who only cared about herself and her perfect summer in Nantucket.But after I read through the entire book,only then did I realise that she may have had her flaws,but at least she had the courage to admit them.In this case though,I found Zack to be a lot more admirable character than Cricket herself.Though it was a bit hard trying to ship them together at the beginning.Her best friend Jules,on the other hand,was a tough character to deal with.One of my favourite characters throughout the story was George.I feel that he played an important role in keeping Cricket's mind off things,at the same time giving her a good experience to take with her to college.

Even though the story did waver a bit in the middle,it had a promising conclusion.Fans of Meg Cabot,Judy Blume and Jenny Han would probably enjoy this debut more than others.I'm saying this by analysis since a friend of mine who is a huge contemporary fan borrowed this book from me earlier in May and seemed to like it a lot more.
Good Points
See review.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Bread Lab!

0.0 (0)
It’s a sleepy Saturday morning for most people, but not...
A Thousand No's

0.0 (0)
This empowering picture book teaches readers that even great ideas...
Ronan Boyle and the Swamp of Certain Death (Ronan Boyle, #2)

0.0 (0)
The hilarious sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller,...
Sharko and Hippo

0.0 (0)
With tongue-twisty wordplay and escalating absurdity, this is a fall-down-funny...
The Thing About Bees: A Love Letter

0.0 (0)
A LOVE POEM FROM A FATHER TO HIS TWO SONS,...
The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)

0.0 (0)
Kings become outcasts and lovers become foes in The Faithless...
Zora's Zucchini

0.0 (0)
The first zucchini of a summer garden is always exciting,...
Libby Loves Science

0.0 (0)
Libby loves science! In this STEM-themed picture book, a companion...
The Hidden Rainbow

0.0 (0)
All the colors of the rainbow are hidden in the...
The Places We Sleep

0.0 (0)
A family divided, a country going to war, and a...
Chasing Starlight

0.0 (0)
Movies, mansions, and murder in the Golden Age of Hollywood!...

0.0 (0)
Midwestern high school seniors and swim teammates Alli and Brandon...

0.0 (0)
True love has never been more deadly in this lush...
Kamala and Maya's Big Idea

0.0 (0)
Meena Harris debuts with an empowering picture book about two...
Harvey Holds His Own (The Harvey Stories, #2)

0.0 (0)
The West Highland Terrier that brought Harvey Comes Home to...
Everything I Thought I Knew

0.0 (0)
A teenage girl wonders if she’s inherited more than just...

Latest Member Reviews

Princess Leia: Royal Rebel (Backstories)

"Before Leia was introduced as a feisty captured courier for Death Star schematics, she was a well-loved adopted princess of..."
Use The Force! (LEGO Star Wars: Activity Book)

"Once again LEGO and Star Wars team up to bring young fans a stellar activity book experience. Centering around..."
R2-D2 to the Rescue! (LEGO Star Wars: Chapter Book)

"LEGO and Star Wars team up for a beginner chapter book experience that takes some cheeky and entertaining liberties with..."
Face Off (LEGO Star Wars)

"The sarcasm is strong with this one. This format will likely hold the most appeal for young video game..."
Droid Tales (LEGO Star Wars: Episodes I-III)

"Based on the TV specials, Star Wars gets a child-friendlier facelift—LEGO style. In this abbreviated made-for-kids version of..."
Star Wars: A Galactic Pop-up Adventure

"As a special treat, we have a guest reviewer here today to tell you about STAR WARS: A Galactic Pop-Up..."
The Captive Temple (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice #7)

"Reader reviewed by Seth                              Ceasing of the Temples Tranquility Enter the peaceful..."