Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1319
Never to Sleep
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

In Never to Sleep we get into the head of Kaylee’s awful, yet entertaining, cousin, Sophie. Sophie is going about life as usual, until she runs into Luca. Well, Luca hits her with a door! Anyway, from that moment on, Sophie’s life will flipped upside down. Luca believes she’s something more than human, but what? To readers of the series it’s fairly obvious by the way Sophia is able to “accidentally” cross both of them over to the Netherworld.

I absolutely loved seeing more of the Netherworld, especially from new eyes. It’s amazing and terrible, but I cannot get enough! Now that Sophie knows that the world is not as it seems, and she’s something special, maybe she can give her cousin a break? Or maybe not! I’m definitely intrigued by Luca! He’s another new student that isn’t quite human. He’s a necromancer, but not in the way that most people think. What that means, I have no clue, but I’m excited to find out!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Shatter City

0.0 (0)
When the world sees Frey, they think they see her...
If You Miss Me

0.0 (0)
A healing story of loss and love, this beautiful picture...
Learning about the Garden with Sleeping Beauty (Fairytale Encyclopedia)

0.0 (0)
Roses were very dangerous for Sleeping Beauty―that everybody knows. But...
Squirrel Do Bad (Trubble Town, #4)

0.0 (0)
From the author of the “Pearls Before Swine” comic strip...
Playing the Cards You'reDealt

0.0 (0)
Ten-year-old Anthony Joplin has made it to double digits! Which...
Discovering the Underground with Snow White (Fairytale Encyclopedia)

0.0 (0)
There are not only dwarves in the underground. This hidden...
Rock by Rock: The Fantastical Garden of Nek Chand

0.0 (0)
This luminous picture book tells the fascinating true story of...
Bisa's Carnaval

0.0 (0)
Discover the sights and sounds of Brazil through the eyes...
Redemptor (Raybearer, #2)

0.0 (0)
The highly anticipated sequel to Raybearer, the instant New York...
Dark and Shallow Lies

0.0 (0)
A teen girl disappears from her small town deep in...
Imposters

5.0 (1)
Frey and Rafi are inseparable . . . but very...
Better Than the Movies

5.0 (1)
Liz Buxbaum has always known that Wes Bennett was not...
African Icons: Ten People Who Shaped History

5.0 (1)
Meet the ten remarkable kings, queens, inventors, scholars, and visionaries...
Count to LOVE! (A Bright Brown Baby Board Book)

5.0 (1)
Cuddle up with your little one and get ready to...
The Mystery of the Meanest Teacher: A Johnny Constantine Graphic Novel

0.0 (0)
THE MYSTERY OF THE MEANEST TEACHER: A JOHNNY CONSTANTINE GRAPHIC...

0.0 (0)
A shocking thriller about a group of friends who go...

Latest Member Reviews

The Wide Starlight

"Sixteen-year-old Eli doesn't remember much on what happened that fateful day that her mother disappeared in Svalbard, Norway. She does..."

"Oh my goodness what a way to end this series! I honestly took a little longer to finish this book..."

"I absolutely loved this sequel. The first one was such a good set up for this book. Nita is free..."
The Heartbreak Bakery

"Seventeen-year-old agender Syd loves baking, but when her brownies set off a string of breakups-including her own-she comes up with..."
The Nature of Witches

"THE NATURE OF WITCHES is a riveting YA fantasy read. Taking place in the Eastern school for witches in the..."
Spells Trouble (Sisters of Salem, #1)

"SPELLS TROUBLE is a thrilling YA fantasy that takes the reader from Salem during the witch trials to the midwest..."

"If your expecting the same type of books that you’ve been reading in this series, you’d be wrong. This whole..."
The Fascinators

"THE FASCINATORS is an atmospheric YA contemporary fantasy. Sam is out in a rural Georgia town, where he is frequently..."
Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1)

"WICKED FOX is a unique urban fantasy that uses Korean mythology to bring a mythological creature to life. Miyoung is..."
Heart and Shadow

"Heart and Shadow includes the two stories of the Valkyrie Duology. The story is an urban fantasy that mixes Norse..."
The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #1)

"If you love a snarky heroine, surprise twists and turns, and a fairytale-themed plot, THE EVIL QUEEN is designed to..."
Last Things

"LAST THINGS is a YA fantasy that follows two teens, Anders and Thea, in alternating points-of-view. Anders is the vocalist,..."
Analiese Rising

"ANALIESE RISING is a YA fantasy that sets us up with a new world and new characters. Analiese (Ana..."
The Devouring Gray (The Devouring Gray, #1)

"This bone-chilling YA fantasy follows four teens as they dig through the mysteries of their past and present to have..."
Uncharted

"Seventeen-year-old Annabeth blames herself for her mother's death. If only she hadn't snuck out to make out with her boyfriend...."
Fire and Bone

"FIRE AND BONE by Rachel A. Marks is the beginning of a new young adult fantasy series. In many ways,..."
The Rest of Us Just Live Here

"I have to admit, it took me a while to get into this one. The characters seemed to me to..."
Spellbook of the Lost and Found

"One stormy night, things in an Irish town go missing. Some are material, while others are much more personal. ..."
Dreamworld

"DREAMWORLD by Kit Alloway is the binding of DREAMFIRE and DREAMFEVER, the first two books of the dream walker series...."
The Faerie Guardian

"“Don’t stand on the mushrooms. They don’t like it.” In THE FAERIE GUARDIAN, Rachel Morgan creates an enchanting fae world..."