Review Detail

The Selection FeaturedHot
Young Adult Fiction 5973
an amazing story
Oh my goodness, The Selection b Kiera Cass was an amazing book. I know I’m a little late reading it but I’m kind of glad because now I don’t have to wait to read the next book, it’s on my shelf staring me in the face while I write this review.

The story was amazing. I love it so much. America right from the beginning caught m attention with aversion to the letter. She has a feisty, stubborn personality that kind of reminds me of myself. I like the fact that she’s not a typical blonde hair, blue-eyed princess but a red head. That makes it so much better!

Aspen was a jerk to America and I felt sorry for having to deal with that. I mean I see where he was coming from but did he really have to be so mean about it. And then to try to get her back and thinking that sorry was enough, jeez.

Maxon on the other hand was a real gentlemen, genuinely caring about his society and the problems and America. I love how he takes what America says and doesn’t kick her out. I enjoyed the things he said and his thoughtful and generous personality. He’s defiantly what girls look for in a guy.

I enjoyed the laughs I got from this book and all of the smiles. America and Maxon both made me want to laugh out loud but that’s not possible at two in the morning nor is it allowed during advisement, but I love them nonetheless. Her dialogue was beautiful written with the way that teenagers and young adults speak and treat each other. I also think that even though it is a dystopian novel, its not set too far off. I appreciated that she found a creative way to give us the background information of what happened the U.S. and the back story of the characters.

This book is definitely a five. I loved it so much that I stayed up until two in the morning on a school night. I am so glad I bought this and won the elite from epic reads that I want to jump on my bed. I recommend this to the fans of romance, dystopia and lovers of Divergent!

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this review. If you’ve already read it let me know what you thought in the comments section!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Devil Darling Spy

0.0 (0)
It's 1940, and Sarah Goldstein is hiding in plain sight...
The Life Below

0.0 (0)
It was hard enough for Naomi to leave Leo, a...
Mr Penguin and the Fortress of Secrets (Mr Penguin #2)

0.0 (0)
Meet Mr. Penguin―Adventurer (And Penguin!) When Mr. Penguin...
Famous by Default

0.0 (0)
Jax Buried, By my family's fame. Dying to escape...
Sword and Pen (Great Library Book, #5)

0.0 (0)
With the future of the Great Library in doubt,...
Butterfly Yellow

0.0 (0)
Perfect for fans of Elizabeth Acevedo, Ibi Zoboi, and...
Jonny Lambert's Construction Site

0.0 (0)
A beautifully illustrated book for babies featuring lots of noisy...
Pop-Up Peekaboo! Baby Animals

0.0 (0)
Take your toddler on a rain forest adventure and find...
Seven Deadly Shadows

0.0 (0)
Seventeen-year-old Kira Fujikawa has never had it easy. She’s...
Pet
Pet

0.0 (0)
The highly-anticipated, genre-defying new novel by award-winning author Akwaeke...

0.0 (0)
The long anticipated finale to the Wings Trilogy. ...

0.0 (0)
"I was the weak link in the chain, and the...

0.0 (0)
Finally presented to the Allinan public, Maray’s life at court...

0.0 (0)
The blood that holds the power to change the fate...

0.0 (0)
Her fate lies just one world away… ...
Forward March

0.0 (0)
Love, loss, and the surprising aphrodisiacs of the band...

Latest Member Reviews

Mr Penguin and the Fortress of Secrets (Mr Penguin #2)

"Mr. Penguins and his friends Colin the spider and Edith are trying to keep a rock safe from dastardly types..."
Pop-Up Peekaboo! Baby Animals

"POP-UP PEEKABOO! BABY ANIMALS is a charming lift-the-flap and pop-up picture book. Each spread features a parent animal who is..."
On These Magic Shores

"Twelve-year-old Minerva "Minnie" Soledad Miranda has big goals. She wants to be the first Latina president of the United States..."
Ghost Boys

"I always struggle to review these types of novels--these black lives matter, civil rights-esque novels. I often go into them..."
Soldier Dogs #5: Battle of the Bulge

"Juliette's father is a baker in Belgium in 1944, and has been threatened by the occupying Nazis into giving them..."
Dog Days in the City

"In The Unlikely Story of a Pig in the City, Josie and her large family adopted Hamlet, a pig. When..."
Daniel Coldstar #2: The Betrayer

"Copy provided by Young Adult Books Central After the evens in The Relic War, Daniel, Jasper the..."
The Dragon Egg Princess

"Change is coming to Kidahara, a magical forest in the Joson, a kingdom in a diverse realm where there is..."
Efrén Divided

"Efrén and his family work very hard, but still struggle to make ends meet. His father works several jobs, and..."
Worse Than Weird

"Mac lives with her parents, Hank and Coral, in a small house in Portland. Small, as in she sleeps in..."
Daring Darleen, Queen of the Screen

"Darleen comes from a long line of entertainers; her father and his siblings are all part of Matchless Studios, a..."
In the Red

"Michael Prasad and his family live on a colony on Mars, under a dome that controls the environment. His father,..."