Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 40310
Eclipse
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Like I said, Eclipse is easily my favorite, but I found that I didn’t enjoy it as much the second time around. This time the annoying things stuck out more and hindered my enjoyment of it, but it was still a great read. There’s a lot going on in Eclipse, and it has all of the features that the previous books were missing.

There’s finally a sense of urgency with the plot. What appears to be a serial killer on the loose in Seattle, ends up being something much, much more, threatening both Bella and the Cullens. Instead of just sitting around, Bella is actually scared and tries to help, despite being just a lowly human with no special powers or skills.

Also, we finally get out of the tiny Bedward bubble and learn more about other members of the Cullen family and the Quiluete tribe. This was probably my favorite part about Eclipse, even though it added a lot of pages of info-dumping. At least it was interesting dumpage, particularly Rosalie’s chapter. She’s not just a beautiful bitch. There’s much more to her, and the situation surrounding her transformation definitely explains her tough exterior.

The thing that made me drop a star, was all of the manipulation going on disguised as love! Edward and Jacob both admit to manipulating Bella’s feelings, and Bella knowingly manipulates them both, and of course Edward and Jacob manipulate each other for the sake of Bella’s love! And Bella manipulates Charlie, which is just inexcusable and unforgivable since I adore Charlie! It was all a big mess and bothered the heck out of me. Can’t anybody just say how they’re really feeling and accept everyone else’s feelings, instead of trying to take advantage? Apparently not.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

All Kinds of Other

0.0 (0)
In this tender, nuanced coming-of-age love story, two boys—one who...
Reign of Secrets

0.0 (0)
At the Midnight Ball, leave your inhibitions at the...
The Forest of Stolen Girls

0.0 (0)
1426, Joseon (Korea). Hwani's family has never been the...
Go the Distance

0.0 (0)
What if Meg had to become a god? After...
In Deeper Waters

0.0 (0)
A young prince must rely on a mysterious stranger...
These Feathered Flames (These Feathered Flames, #1)

0.0 (0)
When twin heirs are born in Tourin, their fates...
Take Me Home: Waters of the World

0.0 (0)
Bite-sized facts about bodies of water from around the globe,...
This Is My America

0.0 (0)
The Hate U Give meets Just Mercy in this unflinching...
Colors in Nature

0.0 (0)
Magnificent, hand-painted illustrations by a rising star of Czech watercolor...
Welcome to Arizona

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Arizona! We're glad you're here! Introducing a new...
I Don't Want to Go to School

0.0 (0)
It's Mouse's first day of school. It's Dinosaur's first day...
Somewhere Between Bitter and Sweet

0.0 (0)
I'm Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter meets Emergency Contact...
Counting Down with You

0.0 (0)
In this sparkling and romantic YA debut, a reserved Bangladeshi...
There's No Ham in Hamburgers: Facts and Folklore About Our Favorite Foods

0.0 (0)
From hot dogs and hamburgers to ice cream and pizza,...
The Light of Days Young Readers’ Edition: The Untold Story of Women Resistance Fighters in Hitler's Ghettos

0.0 (0)
As their communities were being destroyed, groups of Jewish women...
Paint by Sticker Kids: Outer Space

0.0 (0)
Blast off into outer space with this mess-free sticker craft!...

Latest Member Reviews

Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch

"Eva Evergreen is a young witch about to embark on her Novice Quest. As the daughter of one of the..."
Bridge of Souls (City of Ghosts #3)

"What worked: This is a satisfying conclusion to City of Ghosts series. Engaging characters, fast-paced plot, and spooky magic woven..."
Aru Shah and the City of Gold

"***This review contains spoilers for the prior series installment, book 3, ARU SHAH AND THE TREE OF WISHES** With..."
The Threads of Magic

"Pip picks pockets to get food for himself and his sister, El. When he picks something unexpected, a mysterious box..."
The Last Fallen Star

"Riley Oh is thrilled for her sister, Hattie, to finally be formally initiated into the Gom clan on her 13th..."
The Wild Huntsboys

"Luka lives in a dystopian future, in Bellum, which is war torn and horrible. There is technology, when their aren't..."
A Wolf for a Spell

"Zima is struggling to adjust to the new dynamics of her pack ever since her parents died in a fire..."
Little Lion Rescue (Little Animal Rescue)

"Callie's class is on a trip to the zoo. Since Callie wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up,..."
City of the Plague God

"Sik spends most of his time working at this parents' deli in New York City. One evening when he's closing..."
The Captive Kingdom

"*I received an eARC of this book through Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review* Jaron has returned with..."
The Memory Thief  (Thirteen Witches #1)

"Rosie has always taken care of herself and her mother in their house overlooking the coast of Maine. Her mother..."
The Boy, the Wolf, and the Stars

"THE BOY, THE WOLF, AND THE STARS is an enchanting middle grade fantasy. Bo was left in the woods as..."
Dragon Mountain

"Billy Chan has gotten an invitation to attend Camp Dragon, a cultural and language school in China, so his parents..."
The Wizenard Series: Season One

"THE WIZENARD SERIES: SEASON ONE is written by Wesley King and created by Kobe Bryant. The MG fantasy follows Reggie,..."
The Triumphant Tale of Pippa North

"THE TRIUMPHANT TALE OF PIPPA NORTH combines magic and humor in a middle grade fantasy full of charm. Pippa is..."
Ronan Boyle and the Swamp of Certain Death (Ronan Boyle, #2)

"RONAN BOYLE AND THE SWAMP OF CERTAIN DEATH is a comedic middle grade fantasy that features a young boy on..."
Rival Magic

"Antonia, wizarding apprentice to Master Betrys, may not be the best at actual magic, but she tries her absolute best..."
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew

"A prequel and an origin story; in more ways than one. It becomes easy to see..."
The Cassandra Curse (Muse Squad, #1)

"MUSE SQUAD: THE CASSANDRA CURSE is a fun middle grade fantasy that brings Greek mythology into the present. Callie is..."
A Sprinkle of Spirits (Love Sugar Magic, #2)

"A SPRINKLE OF SPIRITS is the delightful second book in the LOVE SUGAR MAGIC middle grade series. Leo is a..."