Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 6932
Under the Never Sky
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Oh my god! I absolutely loved this book. Seriously this may have just become my new favorite book of 2012. I picked this up at the library due to the fact that I won an ARC of the sequel without realizing this book came first. And boy am I glad I won the sequel because I probably would never have discovered this amazing book. I am pretty new to the dystopia genre and every book I've tried recently I have loved, but this one just takes it to a whole new level. A sky that kills you? Yes please!

I loved the world in this novel. Outside of the pods that the dwellers live in the people who live on the outside, who the dwellers call savages, have little tribes and survive the best they can. It's a world that can one minute provide you with the food and water to sustain you and the next take your life. The people live in fear of the Aether and do their best to survive.

The characters were great and really likeable. Aria was a weak person in the beginning but quickly becomes a very independent and strong character. She's witty and sarcastic and doesn't take anybody's crap. There is also Peregrine. The outsider who appears rough and uncaring on the outside but harbors a deep need to help everyone he can and deals with a deep guilt that tears him apart. I fell in love with him, he's just so caring and strong and awesome. There is also his best friend Roar who we get introduced to near the end of the novel, he's sarcastic and funny and I think he loves himself but isn't obnoxious about it.

The plot of this story never slows down or gives you a minute to become bored. It's fast paced and packed with action. The struggles that the characters go through really tug at your heart and have you feeling the emotions they feel.

Do I recommend this novel? Yes, if you haven't read this one yet go out and get yourself a copy or borrow it from the library. You will not regret this novel.(
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Take Me Home: Waters of the World

0.0 (0)
Bite-sized facts about bodies of water from around the globe,...
This Is My America

0.0 (0)
The Hate U Give meets Just Mercy in this unflinching...
Colors in Nature

0.0 (0)
Magnificent, hand-painted illustrations by a rising star of Czech watercolor...
Welcome to Arizona

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Arizona! We're glad you're here! Introducing a new...
I Don't Want to Go to School

0.0 (0)
It's Mouse's first day of school. It's Dinosaur's first day...
Counting Down with You

0.0 (0)
In this sparkling and romantic YA debut, a reserved Bangladeshi...
There's No Ham in Hamburgers: Facts and Folklore About Our Favorite Foods

0.0 (0)
From hot dogs and hamburgers to ice cream and pizza,...
The Light of Days Young Readers’ Edition: The Untold Story of Women Resistance Fighters in Hitler's Ghettos

0.0 (0)
As their communities were being destroyed, groups of Jewish women...
In Deeper Waters

0.0 (0)
A young prince must rely on a mysterious stranger to...
Paint by Sticker Kids: Outer Space

0.0 (0)
Blast off into outer space with this mess-free sticker craft!...
These Feathered Flames (These Feathered Flames, #1)

0.0 (0)
When twin heirs are born in Tourin, their fates are...
The Mother of Monsters

0.0 (0)
Mischievous Ntombi is not at all afraid of the fearsome...
Grim, Grunt and Grizzle-Tail: A Story from Chile

0.0 (0)
Brave young Pedro faces monsters and greedy guards when he...
What Beauty There Is

0.0 (0)
What Beauty There Is is Cory Anderson's stunning YA...
Baseball Baby

0.0 (0)
This original board book series, which begins with America's favorite...
I Am Not a Penguin

0.0 (0)
This hilarious story of a pangolin with an identity crisis...

Latest Member Reviews

The Companion

"Margot is the survivor of a devastating accident in which her entire family drowns in their car. She is taken..."
The Companion

"Everyone thinks Margot is lucky. She's the sole survivor of a horrific car crash that killed her family. While at..."
The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall

"You want to know something? I'm never reading before bed. Because after reading this book, I saw shadows crawling up..."
The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall

"I'm a huge sucker for paranormal ghost tales. My favorites have to be the ones with subtle horror elements..."
Famous Last Words

"There is one thing you don't do with this book. That is to read FAMOUS LAST WORDS right before going..."
Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die #1)

"This is my second time reading Bad Girls Don't Die. Even so, I could only read it in bed..."
As Dead As It Gets (Bad Girls Don't Die #3)

"It’s been a while since I’ve had a book that’s kept me up reading until midnight. I knew when putting..."
Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer

"What I Liked: Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer starts off a bit rockily, and I feared that I would have to..."

"Best one in the series!"
From Bad to Cursed (Bad Girls Don't Die #2)

"Another good, yet underrated series!"

"Going into it, I really didn't expect the book to be too good. Boy was I wrong. I loved how..."

"I rather liked this book, but not that much. It was a quick read and really sucked me in. Now,..."

"When I first read Bad Girls Don't Die, I remember how creepy the story was. I couldn't wait for..."

"Reader reviewed by BrielleBookworm   First off, I'd like to recommend this book to you if you like ghost..."

"Reader reviewed by Nicole M.        While living in an ancient house that has a terrifying..."

"Reader reviewed by Lauren G This novel was a fun read. It had a good storyline and just the right..."

"Reader reviewed by Harmony I held off on reading this for quite a while because Im easily scared and this..."

"Reader reviewed by KJ This book was so good! The plot was really unique and Katie Alender really made the..."

"Reader reviewed by Yan Bad Girls Don't Die was a chilling read that had an odd twist of humor. There were..."