Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 3059
I love Orion, but this book was never ending
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Can I start by saying best Helen of Troy story EVER?! This series takes the story of Helen of Troy to an all new level of awesome. Dreamless (Starcrossed #2) did not disappoint.

If you like love triangles, you are going to flip. There is so much tension between Lucas, Helen, and Orion that is was hard to pick a side. (Oh, Orion is a descendant of Adonis so he was extra yummy.) Now I don't usually like love triangles because they are usually frustrating, but this was a bit different. These demi-gods have very distinct roles to play in a prophecy and Helen is stuck in the middle. It was always a clear choice in other love triangles-- Team Peeta, Edward, and Four all the way. But I am torn between Lucas and Orion. I want them both, and I don't think I would be mad at Helen for picking either of them.

In Starcrossed I raved over how great Claire and Jason were. Well, in this book I did not feel that same love. In fact, if it were possible, I would punch Jason in the nose. I think Orion and Hector stole the show in Dreamless. The other characters were just kind of there taking up space. They helped move the plot, but they didn't move me.

In fact, this book took me over a week to read! It was only 487 pages! I can knock out 200+ pages in a night, but I took forever to read this. It just kept going and going and going. And those 50 page chapters?! Torture. Don't misconstrue this as me saying that the book wasn't good, because it was. It was action packed and very complicated. The plot was a finely tuned vessel, that's for sure. It just seems like too much was packed into this book.

The editing also irked me. For this to be a final copy I could not believe how many typos I found. Over 100! Yes, I totally counted. And yes, I wrote in the library book because I had to fix them! I can't leave grammar mishaps uncorrected. Sorry. It got so bad at one point that I was literally finding missing words/phrases on every other page. Someone really dropped the ball on that one.

Overall though, this was a great read for the plot. Orion was a wonderful addition, and I cannot wait to see how Lucas's new 'development' plays out. There were lots of hints at the end about the impending war, so it's going to be fierce. Hunks in chain metal. rar. Get ready! Epicness in the making.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Scarlet Epstein Hates it Here

0.0 (0)
Meet Scarlett Epstein, BNF (Big Name Fan) in her online...
The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Renée Ahdieh returns with...
The End and Other Beginnings: Stories from the Future

0.0 (0)
Bestselling Divergent and Carve the Mark author Veronica Roth...
Colliding Skies

0.0 (0)
Since Skye Reilly can remember, she has been looking...
What Makes Us

0.0 (0)
A viral video reveals a teen’s dark family history,...
Dating Nashville

0.0 (0)
Becks: How does a straight guy accidentally come out...
Take the Mic: Fictional Stories of Everyday Resistance

0.0 (0)
A young adult anthology featuring fictional stories of everyday...
Dog and Rabbit

0.0 (0)
A funny, sweet story of unrequited friendship from the creator...

0.0 (0)
Lena and Campbell aren't friends. ...

0.0 (0)
The youngest doctor in America, an Indian-American teen makes her...
Prophecy Untold (Shadow Realms book 3)

0.0 (0)
Finding out my mother was taken by the demons was...
Sick Kids in Love

0.0 (0)
Isabel has one rule: no dating. It’s easier―...
Pawns (The Wielders of Arantha)

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Seven hundred years in the future, a powerful alien...
Perfectly Oblivious

0.0 (0)
Cameron Bates (Cam) could have almost any girl at...
By Any Means Necessary

0.0 (0)
Heart-wrenchingly honest, fans of Brandy Colbert and Nicola Yoon...
Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)

4.3 (1)
Annie and Lee were just children when a brutal...

Latest Member Reviews

Peppa Pig Festival of Mud

"What I Loved: The story is based off an episode of Peppa Pig, and definitely reads like one. It..."
A Very Pikmi Halloween (Pikmi Pops)

"Celebrate Halloween with the Pikmi Pops in this cute story about friendship. Wubbs the Bat and Vampy the Bat are..."
Kindergarten Skills Workbook: Handwriting

"'Handwriting Skills Workbook' does a great job of informing students and parents alike about the importance of focusing on how..."
Learning Mats: Match, Trace & Write Numbers

"MATCH TRACE & WRITE NUMBERS introduces and helps build math skills at an early age. It's teaches them counting, simple..."
Big Red School (Clifford)

"CLIFFORD: BIG RED SCHOOL follows Emily Elizabeth and Clifford as they create a special school just for Clifford. Clifford loves..."
Peppa in Space (Peppa Pig)

"PEPPA IN SPACE is a fun picture book, featuring Peppa Pig and her family as they learn about space and..."
New Adventures Story Box (Peppa Pig)

"The NEW ADVENTURES STORY BOX is an affordable Peppa Pig collection. It contains six books in the set: Learning to..."
Kindergarten Skills Workbook: Counting to 100

"'Counting to 100,' a Scholastic workbook meant for kindergarten preparation, does a fine job of engaging young children and making..."
Horses: The Definitive Catalog of Horse and Pony Breeds

"Horses: The Definitive Catalog of Horse and Pony Breeds is a stunning book that any horse lover will want to..."
Sun Down, Monsters Up!

"SUN DOWN, MONSTERS UP! introduces the characters of Pitchfork Pines Preschool. This special preschool hosts the children of famous monsters..."
The Missing Easter Bunny (Pikmi Pops)

"THE MISSING EASTER BUNNY is a colorful and bright celebration of Easter egg hunts! Ebby the bunny invited all the..."
Jesus Loves Me

"JESUS LOVES ME is based off of the song in Christian religion. It teaches that Jesus loves all of his..."
5-Minute Super Hero Stories (LEGO DC Super Heroes)

"A colorful collection of short-stories offering a variety of DC LEGO characters and their mini-adventures. Featuring prominent pictures,..."
Mix and Match Silly Sentences

"Silly Sentences is fun and entertaining interactive game to play with your child as they are just beginning to learn..."
Grocery Games! (Shopkins Jumbo Sticker Activity Book)

"For fans of the Shopkins phenomenon, this product has a lot going for it. Vibrant, cheerful, and devastatingly cutsie...."
La primera fiesta de pijamas de Peppa

"La Primera Fiesta De Pijamas de Peppa is a very useful and education read for those who are learning Spanish!..."
Harry Potter Magical Creatures Coloring Book

"If you are a HP fan and you love to color, then you have to get this!"
Shopkins: Always in Style

"A cute way to get kids into the story. Stickers. These little genius toys that adults get annoyed..."
Touch and Feel Dinos

"TOUCH AND FEEL DINOS has already been read several times to my nephew. He absolutely loves touching the bumpy scales..."
LEGO Knights & Castles

"LEGO continues its tried and true tactic of combining real world pictures and period art with their cell-shaded cartoon figures,..."