Review Detail

Nobody FeaturedHot
Young Adult Fiction 5173
Not Your Average Read
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

A teenage assassin, an intriguing world focused on the manipulation of energy and "The Society",a secret organization that needs to be destroyed before it destroys everyone, are all wrapped into one suspenseful tale.

Jennifer Lynn Barnes's book, Nobody is told in dual perspective with surprisingly easy transitions. The reader is able to quickly transition from character to character without getting lost. Claire and Nix are two very different people and together they have a dangerous mission to carry out; save themselves and possibly the world. They risk their lives to save others, even though nobody even notices them- nobody acknowledges their existence.

A world comprised of Nulls, Nobodies, and Sensors is fascinating. Nobody 's ability causes people to automatically forget about just saw and sometimes can’t seem to see them at all.What a wonderful ability for home grown assassin. Can you imagine going through life without the attention of another person, to be completely unnoticed and immediately forgotten?

The Null ability is scary;they can’t help but be noticed and desire power. They manipulate and destroy people who get in their way.

The Sensors can sense the presence of Nulls and Nobodies and usually have at least one enhanced sense. They are in charge of discovering Nulls and sending a Nobody to assassinate them. But are infallible- do they make mistakes?

The book starts off a bit slow, but by the end I couldn't put it down.The characters were interesting, but the best part of the story was the plot. The intrigue and suspense of Nix and Claire's investigation into the Society really drives the pace of the book.

I wanted to know more about Nix's background and the Institute. But a book that leaves me wanting more is not a bad thing. I definitely recommend Nobody to anyone who is looking for something new and different. For those of you who like a fast paced story with lots of unexpected plot twists, fun science fiction, mystery and adventure -this is the book for you.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Rosenhart Book I 'The Sight'

0.0 (0)
"Be the Legend, Join the Quest" The Rosenhart...
Fabric of a Generation

0.0 (0)
For one teen, life's greatest adventure isn't time travel but...
Close Calls: How Eleven US Presidents Escaped from the Brink of Death

0.0 (0)
Historians tell the stories of tragic and untimely presidential deaths,...
Imber (Book One of The Thanatos Trilogy)

0.0 (0)
The locks are failing. The...
Awesome Dog 5000 (#1)

0.0 (0)
Marty, Ralph, and Skyler might make the ultimate secret combo...
Althea Gibson: The Story of Tennis' Fleet-of-Foot Girl

0.0 (0)
Althea Gibson was the quickest, tallest, most fearless athlete in...
The Big Game

0.0 (0)
Danny Owens is dedicating his seventh-grade season to his Super...
Race to the Sun

0.0 (0)
Lately, seventh grader Nizhoni Begay has been able to detect...
Suffragette: The Battle for Equality

0.0 (0)
Imprisonment, hunger strikes, suffrajitsu — the decades-long fight for women’s...
Catherine's War

0.0 (0)
A magnificent narrative inspired by a true survival story that...
Dangerous Alliance

0.0 (0)
Lady Victoria Aston has everything she could want: an older...
Dugout: The Zombie Steals Home

0.0 (0)
Twins Stacy and Gina Cavallaro are on rival little league...
The Fountains of Silence

0.0 (0)
Madrid, 1957. Under the fascist dictatorship of General Francisco...
Dinosnores (Boynton on Board)

0.0 (0)
“Honk SHOOOOOO! Honk SHOOOOOO! . . .” ...
Good Day, Good Night

0.0 (0)
Now in a sturdy board book format, perfect for little...
TBH, This May Be TMI (TBH, #2)

0.0 (0)
Told entirely in text messages, the second book in this...

Latest Member Reviews

The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)

"THE BEAUTIFUL takes place in New Orleans, primarily following a young woman, Celine. Celine fled France after a terrible event..."
The Fountains of Silence

"Eighteen-year-old Daniel Matheson goes to Madrid, Spain with his family in order for his mother to reconnect with the country..."
Nightingale

"Amy Lukavics is one of my favorite horror writers. All of Lukavics's books are a little odd (in the best..."
The Lady Rogue

"THE LADY ROGUE is an absolutely thrilling historical fiction/fantasy. In the vein of THE MUMMY but in Romania and with..."
Voyages in the Underworld of Orpheus Black

"VOYAGES IN THE UNDERWORLD OF ORPHEUS BLACK is a story about brotherhood, war, and the power of art. Harry is..."
Remember Me

"REMEMBER ME is an engaging mystery/thriller that goes back and forth through time. We follow Lea in the past when..."
A Dress for the Wicked

"A DRESS FOR THE WICKED is a lush and enthralling YA historical fiction that feels anything but historical! Emmaline (Emmy)..."
In the Neighborhood of True

"After her father's untimely death, Ruth Robb's mother uproots her and her little sister from New York City to Atlanta,..."
Emmie and the Tudor King

"What worked: Fast-paced time travel romp through Tudor England. Readers find out what might have happened if Queen Elizabeth I..."
In the Neighborhood of True

"IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF TRUE follows Ruth Robb in the aftermath of her father's death, moving from New York to..."
Cogheart

"COGHEART by Peter Bunzl is a thrilling adventure that blends a historical setting with futuristic elements. The author hints his..."
Romanov

"ROMANOV is a wonderful YA historical fiction which weaves magic into the story of the Romanovs. This book completely hooked..."
Timekeeper (Timekeeper #1)

"Feedback I thought this was an interesting concept. The clocks themselves really control the time. There are days where..."
Voices: The Final Hours of Joan of Arc

"I really love novels of strong historical women. In this case, this novel is about Joan of Arc. What makes..."
Invictus

"Feedback While I enjoy sci-fi books I have only read a couple of time traveling books with this one..."
The Button War: A Tale of The Great War

"Twelve-year-old Patryk lives in a small Polish town in 1914. He hangs with his group of friends which includes Jurek...."
You May Now Kill the Bride

"In 1923, sisters Ruth-Ann and Rebecca have an uneasy relationship, especially after Rebecca hastily throws over her boyfriend Melvin for..."
Fawkes

""Fawkes" is a YA historical fantasy that sounds so interesting! Unfortunately, I could not get into it. In this alternate..."
Zombie Abbey

""Zombie Abbey" is Downton Abbey with zombies (and characters names changed). Although it's been a while since I watched Downton..."
Invictus

"“Invictus” is a fantastic YA sci-fi adventure. I whole-heartedly agree with Revis’s review which says that it’s Firefly as teenagers..."