Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2539
Hobbitsies Reviews: An awesome contemp with a heavy dose of romance
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

If you’re a fan of fun, romantic contemporaries with a huge focus on music (and who isn’t?), definitely do not miss Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McVoy.

I loved Charlotte, the protagonist. She was snarky and hilarious and talented. And while I was COMPLETELY overwhelmed by how many boy friends she had and I had very little idea who to root for, my heart was always with Trip. Even when he was totally being an ass.

So yes, despite being completely overwhelmed by all the possible love interests at first, I loved all of the guy characters in Being Friends with Boys. I loved how unique they all were – so different from each other in personality and look and manners. None of them fell flat for me.

The storyline in Being Friends with Boys was cute and fun and also inspirational! I loved seeing Charlotte become braver and more confident in her own musical abilities.

Terra Elan McVoy does it again with Being Friends with Boys. I’ve read some of her previous works, and I think Being Friends with Boys is by far my favourite. Recommended to fans of contemporary books with heavy doses of musical and romantic awesomeness.

Review originally posted on my blog http://hobbitsies.net/2012/05/being-friends-with-boys-by-terra-elan-mcvoy/
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

A Curse of Roses

0.0 (0)
Based on Portuguese legend, this #OwnVoices historical fantasy is an...
I Don't Want to Wash my Hands!

0.0 (0)
From beloved children's author and illustrator Tony Ross, comes a...
Dance Like a Leaf

0.0 (0)
As her grandmother's health declines, a young girl begins to...
The Bitterwine Oath

3.3 (2)

0.0 (0)
San Solano, Texas, is a quaint town known for...
Sing Like No One's Listening

0.0 (0)
A moving YA debut about a talented young singer...
Heiress Apparently (Daughters of the Dynasty, #1)

0.0 (0)
The first book in an epic and romantic YA...
The Good Girls

0.0 (0)
One of Us Is Lying meets Sadie in this...
Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Iduna harbors a dark secret. On the surface,...
The Camelot Betrayal

0.0 (0)
The second book in a new fantasy trilogy from...

0.0 (0)
Every summer, they say goodbye. Dorit goes to Tel Aviv...
Incredible Animals

0.0 (0)
In this illustrated guide, discover fascinating and unusual information about...
Special Delivery

0.0 (0)
A lovely book to share with children in an expecting...
Eyelike Stickers: Trains

0.0 (0)
Hundreds of irresistible, reusable, and collectible stickers to mix, match,...

0.0 (0)
It is twenty years since the events of La Belle...
Winter Light

0.0 (0)
WINTER LIGHT is the story of 15-year-old Mary Donahue...

0.0 (0)
Fight like a magical girl in this paperback original contemporary...

Latest Member Reviews

Golden Curse (The True Story of Rapunzel)

"This beautiful story is highly enjoyable. The writing flows easily, and the characters feel relatable. The main conflict was interesting..."
The Devil's Apprentice

"This was actually a pretty interesting story. At first I really wasn't sure how it was going to go so..."
Mastery of Earth (Legends of the Tri-Gard Book 3)

"Oh the feels this book gave me. Davi's officially back but still not really? His memories are all over the..."
Glass Princess

"This second entry was good, well technically fifth. I am really glad that the story picked up right after the..."
Sting Magic

"What a start to the series! Sting Magic by Sarah K.L. Wilson is a fantastic, quick read that takes you..."
Fae's Prisoner (Crimes of the Fae)

"This is the book I didn’t know I needed! Fae’s Prisoner by M. Lynn & Melissa A. Craven is the..."
Fae's Prisoner (Crimes of the Fae)

"After reading Queens of the Fae, I had such mixed feelings about Griffin... but now I love him! This book..."
Glass Kingdom

"I don't even know where to start with this book. I practically finished it in one day (and I would..."
Fae Hunter

"An enjoyable tale of a young woman who loses her sister and her sight to the Fae, but that is..."
Legacy of Light (Legends of the Tri-Gard Book 2)

"FEEDBACK Well, this story has gone in a completely different direction than I expected it to. Davion didn’t die..."
Call of the Rift: Flight

"The Call of the Rift: Flight by Jae Waller is the first book in an alternate-historical fantasy about Kateiko, a..."
Glass Kingdom

"I have read many Cinderella retellings in my life. It's a story I have always loved and been drawn to...."
Two Worlds of Provenance (Two Worlds, #1)

"An intriguing world. The story: Maray is an American girl living in Vienna with just..."
Golden Crown

"This series has blown me away. For those who don't know me, I am low key obsessed with Tangled. And..."
Golden Chains

"All right, so I loved Golden Curse, but I LOVED this second book. The story picks..."
Magic Bound

"Selene was born a blank, a witch with no powers, so she is abandoned on the doorstep of a shifter..."
Fae Hunter

"Dark and twisted doesn’t even touch the surface of Sarah K.L. Wilson‘s new release Fae Hunter. This enchanting tale captivated..."
Of Beast and Beauty

"When Rosalie is forced to marry Prince Xander if Baist, she didn't know what to except with her new title..."
First Earth: Book One in the Arch Mage Series

""Agnes' journey not only kept me turning pages, but pulled me into the journey of self-discovery right along with her...."
Heart of Mist

"The story: Bleak is a drunken thief who is desperately trying to find a way to cure herself from..."