Review Detail

The Darkest Minds FeaturedHot
Young Adult Fiction 32335
Loved this book so much!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

When I first read this description, I was drawn in by just reading the first two sentences. As I read even more, I was just about dying in ancticipation. You want to know why? I'm now a 100% sure that I have mentioned before my love for supernatural powers, and this is no exception.
Ruby's life turns into a disaster the day she turns 10. She wakes up and her mom and dad no longer know her daughter. For real, they have absolutely no memories about her. You will later realize that she accidentally used her powers on her parents, and erased all their memories of her. Her parents call the cops, but the PSF soldiers get there before they do. They take her to a rehabilitation camp, where you can imagine, is nothing as it is said to be. They don't treat them good, and care for them like they promised their parents. They run dangerous tests on them and use them like lab rats. Ruby is classified as a "Green" but is really an "Orange", which later you will realize, saved her very life. A couple years after she is there, the reds and oranges are taken from the camp, never to be seen again.
After that, she becomes even more rare and valueable to the "Children's League", which is an government organization to "save" children from the camps, but really uses the children's power for their own purposes.
I adored this book so, so much, but I gotta say what I liked most about this book was the premise. I just had fallen in love with this made-up world, where there was powers and evil villians. I know that sounds so wrong, since I should be pitying them because their life sucks, but...I don't know it just managed to get my attention and keep me reading to the very last page. The descriptions helped alot, since they were so profound and I could picture them perfectly in my head.
On to the characters: I really loved Ruby. There I said it. She was just so honest, and caring, it was so hard not to love her. From the beginning, I felt for her. She went through so much at such a young age, and that made her that much smarter and stronger. So, in a way, it helped her alot.
Liam...what to say? He was so great...smart, funny, compassionate, caring, and hopeful. I can't think of one bad thing to say about him. From the start, I KNEW I would love him, because of...just the way he was. Ok, that is my best I can do about describing my feelings for him.
The other minor characters like Chubs and Zu, were such a huge, GIGANTIC part of this story too! I have to give them some credit :D
The ENDING to this story was just so...heartbreaking and sad. I was (seriously) cying and screaming "WHY, OH WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN?" So, if you don't like sad endings...don't read this book, but the good news? It does make me want to read the second book VERY badly.
Overall, this book was incredible and awesome and I would recommend this to everybody!
Good Points
Everything in this book was great!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Wings of Ebony (Wings of Ebony, #1)

0.0 (0)
In this riveting, keenly emotional debut fantasy, a Black teen...
You Say It First

0.0 (0)
One conversation can change everything. Meg has her entire...
My High School Royal Boyfriend

0.0 (0)
ALEX A tragedy at Langley Estate puts my family...
The Forgotten World (The World Apart Series Book 3)

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Clark thought he knew what grief was. Addie thought...
Tales from the Hinterland

0.0 (0)
A gorgeously illustrated collection of twelve “lush and deliciously...
Sisters of Shadow and Light

0.0 (0)
From the acclaimed author of Defy, Sara B. Larson,...
In the Penalty Box

0.0 (0)
Willow Figure skating was supposed to be my whole...
Unchosen

0.0 (0)
Katharyn Blair crafts a fiercely feminist fantasy with a horrifying...
Miracle Girl

0.0 (0)
Leanne Strong hates June eighth even though it's supposed to...
The Memory Thief  (Thirteen Witches #1)

0.0 (0)
Twelve-year-old Rosie Singer’s mom is missing whatever it is that...
Singled Out: The True Story of Glenn Burke

0.0 (0)
On October 2nd, 1977, Glenn Burke, outfielder for the Los...
The Elephant in the Room

0.0 (0)
It's been almost a year since Sila's mother traveled halfway...
Alone in the Woods

0.0 (0)
Jocelyn and Alex have always been best friends...until they aren't....
Disaster Days

0.0 (0)
Hannah Steele loves living on Pelling, a tiny island near...
Wild River

0.0 (0)
Daniel Redmayne is fast asleep on the first night of...
The Last Hurrah

0.0 (0)
3 nights, 2 days, and 1 massive music fest ....

Latest Member Reviews

The Bad Guys in The Big Bad Wolf (The Bad Guys, #9)

"This episode of THE BAD GUYS has the crew planning for a way to stop the aliens and help the..."
Willbee the Bumblebee

"The story has a beautiful rhythm to it as Willbee the Bumblebee flies around the lovely garden he calls home...."
The Phantom Bandit (Geronimo Stilton #70)

"As fall approaches, Geronimo is busy working in his newspaper office when he starts to see strange things-- his co..."
The Bad Guys in Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!: Special Edition (The Bad Guys #7)

"To recap the adventures of the Bad Guys so far: they were saving Earth from an alien invasion when their..."
Spirit (The Puppy Place #50)

"Lizzie is very used to being around dogs, since her family fosters many of them, and has Buddy, their own..."
The Nazi Hunters: How a Team of Spies and Survivors Captured the World's Most Notorious Nazi

"Adolf Eichmann orchestrated the removal of thousands of Jews to concentration camps, where many met their deaths. He managed to..."
Monica the Marshmallow Fairy: A Rainbow Magic Book (The Sweet Fairies #1)

"Rachel has come back to visit Kirsty, and they are being taken by Aunt Helen to visit Candy Land, a..."
Perfectly Popular (The Wish Fairy #3)

"In this third book in the series, Brooke finally realizes that making wishes is a very delicate business, and the..."
Gaby, Lost and Found

"'Gaby, Lost and Found' by Angela Cervantes explores some tough themes. As though the illegal immigration and forced deportation of..."
Super Sweet Dreams (Puppy Princess #2)

"In this sequel to Party Time, Princess Rosie finds out that her best friend (and cat-in-waiting) Cleo's birthday is coming..."
The Bad Guys in Alien vs Bad Guys (The Bad Guys #6)

"Dr. Rupert Marmalade, the hamster alien, has been defeated, and the Good Guys Club is celebrating. However, when they find..."
Rapunzel, the One With all the Hair (Twice Upon a Time #1)

"In RAPUNZEL: THE ONE WITH ALL THE HAIR, we get the traditional story of Rapunzel with slight variations to bring..."
Once Upon a Cruise

"What I Loved: After Ainsley’s mom took a cruise director job aboard what is essentially a mockbuster Disney cruise, Ainsley..."
Macarons at Midnight

"What I Loved: The book’s inciting incident is Elise meeting her Romeo at a sweets shop, so of course the..."
Away in a Star Sled (Geronimo Stilton Spacemice #8)

"Every year on the Night of the Dancing Stars, the Elfix bring toys to all of the creatures in the..."
Magical Mission (Geronimo Stilton #64)

" When the statues of lions surrounding Nelson's Column in London's Trafalgar Square start roaring at passersby, Geronimo is contacted..."
Thea Stilton and the Madagascar Madness: A Geronimo Stilton Adventure (Thea Stilton #24)

"Geronimo's sister, Thea, is a teacher at Mouseford Academy, where she has a following of students who call themselves the..."
Pull the Dragon's Tooth! (Geronimo Stilton Micekings #3)

"The chief of the Micekings is bound and determined to make Geronimo a "true macho mouseking" and enlists the aid..."
I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (I Survived #14)

"Jess and her friends Eddie and Sam Rowan live near Loomis Lake in Washington State. They've hear stories about the..."