Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2077
Sad that this trilogy has to end...
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Lirael definitely prepared us very well for this story, because since we had the preparation for Abhorsen during Lirael, in Abhorsen we can plunge straight into the action.

Lirael has accepted her fate as the Abhorsen in Waiting. She has thrown away her previous dreams of being a Clayr, and is now ready to take on her title as Abhorsen. Sameth, on the other hand, will never be an Abhorsen or anything like it. He is destined to be a Wallmaker, a creator.

There is a big problem. Nicholas Sayre, Sameth's friend, has been sort-of possessed by a fragment of a thing called the Destroyer. He is taken by a single-minded determination to join these two hemispheres of metal, even though he doesn't know what they are. Obviously, Lirael and Sameth have to stop it.

The setting growth was amazing. Garth Nix has very successfully built and expanded on the world we were introduced to in Sabriel. I love Death because it is dangerous and unpredictable, and we were discovering it with Lirael. It was unknown to her to, which made her notice everything there, and made the reader picture it better. I especially loved the Ninth Gate, it sounds simply... wow.

I loved the final battle. Wow again. I stayed up so late to finish it.

Why do my two favourite characters have to DISAPPEAR!!

(SPOILER ALERT) I was so sad over the Disreputable Dog. I actually cried over her. Mogget too, although I only came close to tears then, I didn't actually cry over him like I did for the Dog. At the end, I was like SERIOUSLY?! That's how you end? What happened to them! You can't just end the series with the Disreputable Dog wandering off, basically never to be seen again. *sniffle*. I am so sad over that dog.(END SPOILER)

This was a fantastic book. Definitely recommended!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Imposters

5.0 (1)
Frey and Rafi are inseparable . . . but very...
Better Than the Movies

5.0 (1)
Liz Buxbaum has always known that Wes Bennett was not...
African Icons: Ten People Who Shaped History

5.0 (1)
Meet the ten remarkable kings, queens, inventors, scholars, and visionaries...
Count to LOVE! (A Bright Brown Baby Board Book)

5.0 (1)
Cuddle up with your little one and get ready to...
The Mystery of the Meanest Teacher: A Johnny Constantine Graphic Novel

0.0 (0)
THE MYSTERY OF THE MEANEST TEACHER: A JOHNNY CONSTANTINE GRAPHIC...

0.0 (0)
A shocking thriller about a group of friends who go...
Bird Boy

0.0 (0)
Take flight in this heartwarming story about a boy who...
Love You By Heart

0.0 (0)
Acclaimed creator of The Word Collector, Happy Dreamer, Say Something,...
Fa-La-La Llama (Touch-and-Feel Board Book)

0.0 (0)
Get ready to deck the halls with these joyful, singing,...
The Oddmire, Book 3: Deepest, Darkest

0.0 (0)
The third adventure in the beloved fantasy series full of...
The Oddmire, Book 2: The Unready Queen

0.0 (0)
Human-raised brothers Tinn and Cole join forces with Fable, daughter...
The Oddmire, Book 1: Changeling

0.0 (0)
Magic is fading from the Wild Wood. To renew it,...
Our Way Back to Always

5.0 (1)
To All the Boys I've Loved Before meets Morgan Matson...
The Last Gate of the Emperor

0.0 (0)
From Kwame Mbalia and Prince Joel David Makonnen comes an...
Traitors Among Us

0.0 (0)
World War II may be over. But two sisters are...
The Devil Makes Three

0.0 (0)
When Tess and Eliot stumble upon an ancient book hidden...

Latest Member Reviews

Children Of The Fleet

"A fresh new story the Ender’s Game universe—this smart military-esque sci-fi is appealing to longtime fans, without alienating new explorers...."
Molly's Story

"Molly is panting, her tail wagging happily as she retrieves the long stick that CJ had thrown for her. Molly..."
The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase

"4.5 Stars! In this second installment of The Librarians series, the Librarians are faced with another exciting challenge that..."
Vicious

"I didn't know what Vicious was going to be about, I rarely read synopsis, sometimes I trust the author, some..."
A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic #1)

""No London is truly without magic." I love this series! SO SO MUCH! There are so many instances of..."
A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic #1)

"As with most high fantasy, A Darker Shade of Magic starts slow and quiet, building a world that is like..."
A Gathering of Shadows (A Darker Shade of Magic #2)

"A Gathering of Shadows is a different beast from its predecessor, A Darker Shade of Magic. While the first book..."
The Lost Gate (Mithermages #1)

N/A
D Darrylrit
" Interesting article want to post online . You do not mind ?..."

N/A
D Darrylrit
" Informative post wish to publish it on your resource. You agree?..."
Dreams of the Golden Age (Golden Age #2)

"What I Liked: I was actually really excited when an announcement happened that the standalone After the Golden Age would..."
Vicious

"I loved Vicious from the first few chilling pages. Vicious is a little grittier, a little bleaker than Victoria's YA..."
One Second After

"One Second After by William R. Forstchen One Second After, one of the most horrifying and apocalyptic science fiction that..."

"My first encounter with H.G. Wells was not of the pleasant sort. I read or tried to read 'the invisible..."
Ender's Game (Ender's Saga #1)

"I loved this book and the characters I just wished that some of the characters would have stayed longer. ..."

"More than deserving of its acclaim as one of the best of classic Sci-fi. The book is a..."

"Ender’s Game Ender’s Game is an amazing science fiction book! Ender is very unique. The setting is amazing,..."
Impulse (Jumper #3)

"What I Loved: Now I can certainly infer a lot about the plots of the previous two books from what..."
Ironskin (Ironskin #1)

"I had been looking forward to reading Ironskin since I first saw its cover and read the inside summary. It..."
Ironskin (Ironskin #1)

"Originally posted on A Reader of Fictions: http://readeroffictions.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-ironskin.html An alternate history set in the era around WWI plus paranormal..."

"When I hear the term "Master Storyteller", my thoughts always end at Orson Scott Card. From the time that my..."