Review Detail

Onyx (Lux #2) FeaturedHot
Young Adult Fiction 8499
Fantastic!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

I love it when a sequel eclipses the first book in a series--especially when that book is as great as Obsidian! Jennifer L. Armentrout, once again, catapults you into a tangled web of lies, danger, and desire. And once you manage to fight your way out of that web, you won't believe the fallout.

I loved that there was so much action in Onyx! I felt like I was surfing on the pages--getting to the height of a wave, then thrashing back down into the water. Just when I thought that things were going to calm down, I was hoisted right back to the top of the wave. There's not a dull moment!

If you thought you loved Daemon before, just wait. I really enjoyed the squabbles that he and Kate had back and forth. It was amusing and gave some comic relief to the pain and unknown that was brought back with Katy's "sighting." Plus, it was sexy as hell. They would fight and toil to a crescendo, and then BAM! Hot, raging desire that will leave you just as breathless as Katy and Daemon. Trust me, the romance is not lacking! Jennifer L. Armentrout supplies the hotness like only she can!

But don't think it is all action and romance--there are plenty of heartbreaking moments that will leave you teary-eyed and wondering, "Why?!?" But, I like this because it's real. I really dislike books where deadly fight after deadly fight only happens, but no one ever gets hurt. It's unrealistic and it takes away from the story. But, Onyx is not like that. People get hurt...bad. And you won't be the same after to experience this heartbreak.

Jennifer L. Armentrout knows exactly how to run the gamut of human emotions. She has built a secret world full of life, death, love and betrayal. But not matter the risk, I wouldn't hesitate to dive straight into her world and never look back--especially if it meant getting my own Daemon!

So....this is a MUST READ! (As all of JLA's books are!)
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

In A Flash

0.0 (0)
A riveting and dramatic story of two devoted sisters, Italian...
Welcome to California: A Little Engine that Could Road Trip

0.0 (0)
The Little Engine That Could is on the move and...
The Alpactory: Ready, Set, Go!

0.0 (0)
Welcome to the Alpactory! These wacky alpacas are here to...
I Like to Share!

0.0 (0)
Celebrate the joys of learning to share in this exuberant...
The Infinity Courts (The Infinity Courts, #1)

0.0 (0)
Westworld meets Warcross in this high-stakes, dizzyingly smart sci-fi about...

0.0 (0)
Protect the weak. Safety for all. Power without virtue is...
If Only...

0.0 (0)
Bestselling author-illustrator Mies van Hout employs vivid creatures in a...
Like a Giant

0.0 (0)
A beautiful story about imagination and taking your time to...
A Rosa Le Encantan Los Carros/Rosa Loves Cars

0.0 (0)
Averiguemos con quâe juguetes juegan Rosa y sus amigos hoy!...
The Duck Who Didn't Like Water

0.0 (0)
See a duck take to the water of friendship in...
Goodnight, Little Llama

0.0 (0)
Meet Little Llama, who is about to make a very...
The Boy and the Sea

0.0 (0)
A picture book meditation on curiosity, wonder, and finding one’s...
In Your Cozy Bed

0.0 (0)
A soothing bedtime board book from the creators of In...
Chicks Rock!

0.0 (0)
Rocker Chick overcomes stage fright to find her voice in...
The Beach (Bluey)

0.0 (0)
Read along and join Bluey's latest adventure! ...
All About Bluey

0.0 (0)
Meet Bluey! This lovable and imaginative Blue Heeler puppy is...

Latest Member Reviews

The Infinity Courts (The Infinity Courts, #1)

"THE INFINITY COURTS is a stunning and dazzling YA fantasy about morality, humanity, and the afterlife. Nami is truly excited..."
Curse of the Specter Queen

"CURSE OF THE SPECTER QUEEN was an intriguing YA historical fiction with code-breaking, good friends, and imminent danger. Sam works..."
The Sky Above Us

"What worked: Unique coming-of-age story that tackles grief and tragedy. Told through the eyes of six teens, this story starts..."
Instructions for Dancing

"INSTRUCTIONS FOR DANCING is an engaging YA contemporary about romance, family, and coming of age. Evie stopped believing in love..."
The Tragedy of Dane Riley

"THE TRAGEDY OF DANE RILEY is a compelling YA contemporary read about family, grief, depression, and mental illness. Dane is..."
The Shadow War

"What worked: Intriguing mix of Sci-fi with historical set during WWII. There is a lot going on in this engaging..."
Kneel

"Russell and his friend Marion live in Louisiana, and hope to use their skills at football to work their way..."
A Season of Sinister Dreams

"A SEASON OF SINISTER DREAMS is an engaging YA fantasy that follows two young women, Evra and Annalise. Annalise lives..."
I Can See Clearly

"Luc Ponti comes from a strong Italian family, and his father (an NCAA point guard, Princeton grad, Special Forces and..."
Fire with Fire

"Dani Rivera may excel at every part of her dragon slaying training, but she would rather focus on being normal..."
Better Together

"BETTER TOGETHER is a delightful and charming YA contemporary read about sisterhood, family, and healing. Siri lives with her mother..."
Get a Clue: A Bookish Boyfriends #4

"In this fourth book set at Reginald R. Hero High, we meet Huck and Win, the brother of Curtis from..."
The Fault In Our Stars

"I had enjoyed this book to great extent. I loved the relationship connection between the two characters and how the..."
The Cruelest Mercy (The Kinder Poison, #2)

"THE CRUELEST MERCY is an intriguing second book in an enthralling YA fantasy series. After the rush and danger of..."
Heiress Apparently (Daughters of the Dynasty, #1)

"What worked: This was a fun take on Crazy Rich Asians meets descendants of Empress Regent of China. Gemma..."
The Box in the Woods (Truly Devious, #4)

"THE BOX IN THE WOODS is a fantastic continuation of Stevie's story with a whole new cold case to solve...."

"Miles "Pudge" Halter seeks for a "Great Perhaps", and attends Culver Creek, a boarding school. Yet, he finds himself with..."

"To say that this book was one of my most anticipated releases for 2021 is an understatement. After the impact..."

"Oh my goodness what a way to end this series! I honestly took a little longer to finish this book..."

"I absolutely loved this sequel. The first one was such a good set up for this book. Nita is free..."