Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 3698
Awesomely action packed
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Okay, so, Alex is a normal fourteen year old. He goes to school, and does completely normal stuff. At least, until his Uncle Ian is reported dead, from a car accident. They say he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, which just doesn't make sense because Ian was always CRAZY about seatbelts. So Alex Rider goes to investigate, and discovers the police were lying. Bullet holes spray the side of the car. After nearly getting crushed, he meets MI6, and discovers that his Uncle wasn't actually a banker, in fact, he was a spy.

I didn't really like how the MI6 blackmailed him into joining them, but I guess if they hadn't, Alex wouldn't have got to do all the fun stuff that happens later in the book. I mean, why would he pass up the chance of being a spy? I definitely wouldn't, but I suppose there's all the killing to consider...

So anyway, after joining the MI6, after 11 days of grueling training, he is sent on a mission (I know right, send a fourteen year old on something that adults usually spend years training for) to investigate on a project called Stormbreaker. It's basically where this guy called Herod Sayle is about to release hundreds of awesome computers to schools all around England, for FREE. Sounds too good to be true, right? Alex discovers that it is, and gets all tangled up in an evil plot where he nearly gets run over by a quad bike, has his tongue cut out by a terrifyingly hideous man, killed by a jellyfish, falls off a cliff, gets shot, gets killed by viruses, and mashed up by an airplane (the key word here is NEARLY)

I think Alex could have been a bit more developed. Sure, you got to know that he was athletic, good at snooker and karate, parentless, and claustrophobic. But still. I would have liked it if Anthony Horowitz just made him a little more 3D.

Neverthless, this is an awesome book about thrilling mystery, action, fighting, spies and the rest of it. Definitely something that you should try. I definitely recommend it, but maybe don't read it if you are put off by the whole shooting/killing/horrible guys who have disgusting scars.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Never After: The Thirteenth Fairy (The Chronicles of Never After, #1)

0.0 (0)
Real life and fairy tales collide in Never After: The...

0.0 (0)
In this harrowing and witty adventure, con-artist and tough-girl Ida...
The Cousins

0.0 (0)
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of One...
A Curse of Roses

0.0 (0)
Based on Portuguese legend, this #OwnVoices historical fantasy is an...
I Don't Want to Wash my Hands!

0.0 (0)
From beloved children's author and illustrator Tony Ross, comes a...
Dance Like a Leaf

0.0 (0)
As her grandmother's health declines, a young girl begins to...
The Bitterwine Oath

3.3 (2)

0.0 (0)
San Solano, Texas, is a quaint town known for...
Sing Like No One's Listening

0.0 (0)
A moving YA debut about a talented young singer...
Heiress Apparently (Daughters of the Dynasty, #1)

0.0 (0)
The first book in an epic and romantic YA...
The Good Girls

0.0 (0)
One of Us Is Lying meets Sadie in this...
Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Iduna harbors a dark secret. On the surface,...
The Camelot Betrayal

0.0 (0)
The second book in a new fantasy trilogy from...

0.0 (0)
Every summer, they say goodbye. Dorit goes to Tel Aviv...
Incredible Animals

0.0 (0)
In this illustrated guide, discover fascinating and unusual information about...
Special Delivery

0.0 (0)
A lovely book to share with children in an expecting...
Eyelike Stickers: Trains

0.0 (0)
Hundreds of irresistible, reusable, and collectible stickers to mix, match,...

Latest Member Reviews

My Sweet Audrina

"Right, I predicted bout the mystery floating around Audrina life, but then ending shocked me. Audrina is a sweet..."
Deception Point

N/A
"I had a hard time putting it down once i started reading this. very informative and knowledgeable. and the plot..."

"This is the best book about surviving that I have read, it's on my top 5 list. My favorite part..."

"I learned early on that the books required to read in school are not so bad. This was one of..."

"Finding what makes guys work is a hot topic in a lot of YA novels. This one was a bit..."
Pay It Forward

"I've seen the movie Pay It Forward multiple times so when my english teacher suggested we read the novel for..."
Deception Point

"Deception Point Book Review “Exceedingly clever…. Fascinating and fun…a considerable achievement.” is the praise that the Washington post gave to..."

N/A
"I think the book is ok, but i feel that some people will like it learning wise, not that much..."

"Reader reviewed by Raelyn             Hatchet is the most exciting and thrilling book Ive ever read. It is about..."
Violet Eyes

"Reader reviewed by Ruthie This was a beautiful re-telling of The Princess and The Pea. The book was fantastic! It..."

"Reader reviewed by ccc I think hatchet was awesome!!!!!!!!!! It showed survival skills that I didn't even know.          I guess a..."
Fearless (Fearless #1)

"Reader reviewed by random one fearless is a book with a message that will stick..."

"Reader reviewed by Brittany The book, My Sister's Keeper, was written by Jodi Picoult in 2006, an award nominee..."
Garden of Shadows (Dollanganger #5)

"Reader reviewed by Jess I really liked this book, so much so that I have read and reread the entire..."

"Reader reviewed by jenn this book is absolutely amazing and a five star rating hands down. this is the first..."
Truth or Dare (Fear Street #28)

"Reader reviewed by Chaellee Typical Stine work. Several teens are stuck in a ski house waiting for the roads to..."
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

"Reader reviewed by Mairi This book is, essentially, Stephen King's memoir, but, as the title suggests, it focuses on writing,..."
No Place Like Home

"Reader reviewed by Ashley Liza Barton killed her mother when she was ten and shot her step-father numerous times...."

"Reader reviewed by amanda  although this story is reall really really sad( i cried) it is one of my favorites,..."