Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1872
A ray of hope finally falls on this series...
(Updated: October 06, 2012)
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Thank you Netgalley and HarlequinTeen for the ARC.

Okay people,I know that you're really freaked out by the cover but I'll ask you to give this one a chance.In fact,as much as I am ashamed to admit it,the reason that I actually agreed to read/review this book even though I gave the first one a two star rating was solely because of the cover(and because I can't go on leaving a series unfinished -_-). The cover had a sort of repelling attraction on me,if that even makes sense.I guess I always like chasing after the unique ;). Well, HarlequinTeen's done a pretty good job with being unique with this cover,so a round of applause to them!

Okay,are we done with the applause?So let's get on to the main part.I won't even try to deny the fact that this book's extremely cheesy and that the characters in it are extremely immature.Seriously,forbidden love,with both the guy and the girl and going all Romeo and Juliet?Puh-leassseee!!!!I've read this so much and of course not to mention the fact that this book contains vampire romance,which makes me scrunch up my nose nowadays as if it's like some sort of garbage dump.(The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa is an exception.)
I know that you're wondering that even after complaining so much,why did I give this book a four-star rating?It's all in the writing style.The author has a way with words,which draws you inside and gives you a clear concept of what she wants you to see.It's like you know that the story's not that promising,but you just can't seem to put it down!Your traitorous mind bugs at you,and you stay up all night to finish the book in one sitting.I'm talking about my own experiences.So all you authors out there,you should really follow Melissa Darnell's example.Though it may not seem like much,but the way you write has a lot to do with what readers think of your books.Look at Covet for example.In Crave,I didn't like anything about the story.The writing wasn't that exceptional either.I honestly didn't see a four star rating coming for this one,at least not from me.But look at that!Sometimes the impossible does seem to be possible!So I'm absolutely thrilled for Melissa Darnell and have set high expectations for her.Definitely reading Consume!Who knows?Maybe she might have even more surprises in store for me.

P.S To Melissa Darnell if you're reading this review or ever come across it,I really am sorry that I couldn't enjoy Crave as much as I enjoyed Covet.But then again,people have different tastes right? :)

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Order of Time

0.0 (0)
“If you’re into secret societies, time-travel, dangerous artifacts, deadly assassins,...
Thomas Edison: Lighting the Way

0.0 (0)
Learn about the life of Thomas Edison in this early...
Cuddle Close, Little Koala

0.0 (0)
A reassuring bedtime story about the special bond between a...
Pete the Cat: 5-Minute Bedtime Stories: Includes 12 Cozy Stories!

0.0 (0)
Join Pete the Cat for 12 groovy, cozy stories perfect...
Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)

0.0 (0)
Half-angel Trinity and her bonded gargoyle protector, Zayne, have been...
Ty's Travels: All Aboard!

0.0 (0)
Join Ty on his imaginative adventures in Ty's Travels: All...
Literally: Amazing Words and Where They Come From

0.0 (0)
A stunning non-fiction picture book about the origins of the...
Sabina: In the Eye of the Storm

0.0 (0)
As in Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl" and...
Ghost Wood Song

4.0 (1)
Sawkill Girls meets Beautiful Creatures in this lush and eerie...
My Love is All Around

0.0 (0)
Mommy Bear shows Baby Bear how love is all around...
I'm not a Mouse!

0.0 (0)
Olivia really doesn't like her nickname - mostly because it...
My Panda Sweater

0.0 (0)
The other kids may laugh, but I always feel safe...
One Day on our Blue Planet... In the Outback

0.0 (0)
From breakfast to dinner, dusk to dawn, children will love...
Mrs Bibi's Elephant

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming story with a message as big as an...
The State of Us

0.0 (0)
"Dre and Dean have got my vote!"—Adib Khorram, award-winning...
My Calamity Jane

0.0 (0)
Welcome to 1876 America, a place bursting with gunslingers,...

Latest Member Reviews

Dragons in a Bag (Dragons in a  Bag, # 1)

"Dragons in a Bag is a whimsical, moving, and magical tale. Perfectly tailored to it’s intended audience, Dragons In a..."
Wonder

" Aiming on the younger end of the Middle Grade spectrum, Wonder is the story of a disfigured 5th grader..."

"Ali-A, Clare, and their dog Eevee are attending a launch party for the game Alien Liberator 2. Ali-A gets ready..."
Comic Squad: Detention!

"Eight different author/illustrators bring to life (and panel) eight different stories told via sequential art, with the uniting theme of..."
Olive and the Backstage Ghost

"OLIVE AND THE BACKSTAGE GHOST is a middle grade horror/ghost story that is full of suspense. Olive loves to sing,..."
Puppy Pirates #3: Catnapped!

"Okay, this is incredibly adorable and so creative! I didn’t think a book about dogs could get any more..."
Wonder

"Wonder quickly become of my favorite reads, not only of this year but of all times and it’s easy to..."
The City of Ember (Book of Ember #1)

"When I first picked the book up, I thought, "oh no, did I really just buy this?" BUT... I opened..."

N/A
"great book!"
The Sixty-Eight Rooms (Sixty-Eight Rooms #1)

"The Sixty-Eight Rooms wasn't the epic adventure I usually read when it comes to middle grade, but it was still..."
Phoenix (Five Ancestors Out of Ashes #1)

"Phoenix is competing in a local cycle race when Ryan, a sort-of friend, starts to ride dirty, grabbing the back..."
Wonder

"For those of us who love a good cry, I recently read R.J. Palacio’s "Wonder," which left me being one..."

"I recently read Carl Hiaasen’s HOOT for a Children’s Literature class, and I'm glad I did. Hiaasen writes with excellent..."
Wonder

"How can I ensure that everyone reads R.J. Palacio's amazing Wonder? It brings to mind the Marian Wright Edelman quote,..."

"The characterizations are very good. Lina and Boon are interesting teens that captivate the reader. The writing seems to help..."

"In middle school, I had to read books to earn points for this accelerated program. I didn't like reading back..."

"Another great book from Dr. Seuss. It's great for children to learn basic numbers and basic colors. All my family..."

"I think this book is a great idea. The City of Ember is about people who live in absolute..."

"I love this book, the concept of them living underground and them running out of light is just an amazing..."

"When Kel is chosen by the legendary Lord Raoul to be his squire, the conservatives of the realm hardly think..."