Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2545
A Disappointment
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

I was disappointed in this book. Really disappointed.

I finished reading Anna and I was on such a Stephanie Perkins rush that I tried to make myself excited to read Lola. One the initial first chapters wore off, I wasn't interested. I didn't like Lola and I wasn't in love with Cricket. Sure, there was some character development with Cricket but not enough to make me love him as a person. Not like I loved St. Clair.

Speaking of St. Clair, THANK YOU STEPHANIE PERKINS. I think the fact that Anna and St. Clair were mentioned in this book quite a lot was the only thing that kept me reading. I would smile everytime I saw their names mentioned, everytime I read about their love. It was a great touch, and a much needed touch.

The romance was too slow and ... weird for me. There was an aspect of it that just didn't seem built upon well enough. Cricket was just too nice. I'm always one for sappy love stories but this was a weird love story with an ending that was kind of disappointing. Another disappointing thing was Max. Why did he have to become another asshole ex-boyfriend? I almost liked him. I mean he had a Chevy Impala. A CHEVY IMPALA and trades it in for a van. Wrong life decision.

Not a huge fan, but I'm still excited for Isla and the happily ever after because JOSH AND ISLA AND PARIS. IT'LL BE GREAT!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Rosenhart Book I 'The Sight'

0.0 (0)
"Be the Legend, Join the Quest" The Rosenhart...
Fabric of a Generation

0.0 (0)
For one teen, life's greatest adventure isn't time travel but...
Close Calls: How Eleven US Presidents Escaped from the Brink of Death

0.0 (0)
Historians tell the stories of tragic and untimely presidential deaths,...
Imber (Book One of The Thanatos Trilogy)

0.0 (0)
The locks are failing. The...
Awesome Dog 5000 (#1)

0.0 (0)
Marty, Ralph, and Skyler might make the ultimate secret combo...
Althea Gibson: The Story of Tennis' Fleet-of-Foot Girl

0.0 (0)
Althea Gibson was the quickest, tallest, most fearless athlete in...
The Big Game

0.0 (0)
Danny Owens is dedicating his seventh-grade season to his Super...
Race to the Sun

0.0 (0)
Lately, seventh grader Nizhoni Begay has been able to detect...
Suffragette: The Battle for Equality

0.0 (0)
Imprisonment, hunger strikes, suffrajitsu — the decades-long fight for women’s...
Catherine's War

0.0 (0)
A magnificent narrative inspired by a true survival story that...
Dangerous Alliance

0.0 (0)
Lady Victoria Aston has everything she could want: an older...
Dugout: The Zombie Steals Home

0.0 (0)
Twins Stacy and Gina Cavallaro are on rival little league...

Latest Member Reviews

Dear Justice League

"In this short, middle grade graphic novel, DC superheroes from the Justice League answer e mails from young fans. Superman..."
My Ideal Boyfriend is a Croissant

"Sixteen-year-old Bluebelle, or BB/Big Bones, loves herself. Forget that others say she's fat. After a recent asthma attack, she has..."
The Very Impatient Caterpillar

"THE VERY IMPATIENT CATERPILLAR is a laugh-out-loud story that will charm parents and young children alike. The very impatient caterpillar..."
Giant Days

"Susan, Daisy and Esther are very different women, but they become fast friends after meeting on their college dorm floor...."
The Unteachables

"Mr. Kermit is entering his 30th year of teaching, and he's already put in for early retirement. He started his..."
Genius Ideas [Mostly] (Tom Gates #4)

"There are few things in Tom's life that are NOT made better by caramel wafer biscuits, and after he sees..."
How You Ruined My Life

"Rodney's father left, so he and his mother struggle to get by. When his well-to-do aunt and uncle decide to..."
OMG Classics: Greek Gods #squadgoals

"OMG Classics: Greek Gods #squadgoals By Courtney Carbone In the current climate of fast paced communications and bite sized..."
Dog Man and Cat Kid

"When Petey's clone shows up on Dog Man's doorstep, the super crime fighter takes him in. Of course, caring for..."
Paddington on Top

"When school inspectors come to the Browns' door and claim that it is necessary for Paddington to report to school,..."
Buttheads from Outer Space

"Josh and his good friend Lloyd have a lot in common-- they both hate the Quentin, the kid in their..."
Julius Zebra: Battle with the Britons! (Julius Zebra #2)

"Julius and his companions are back after Rumble with the Romans, since Hadrian has not given them their freedom as..."