Young Adult Fiction 4398
Glitch (A Room with Books review)
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Glitch went a little something like this for me:
[Beginning intro to world] “I can definitely dig this.”
[BAM, romance] “Wait, what?! That came out of nowhere. She’s only known him for a couple hours!”
[Middle of the story] “Well now I understand the superfast romance. Doesn’t mean I have to like it. Or this new guy. In fact, I want to punch New Guy in the nose. When is something super interesting going to happen again?”
[End] “Okay, I’ll admit that I didn’t see that coming. And I’m digging all the awesome action and Gift using and whatnot. Oh, I actually did see THAT coming.”

Bahaha. Okay, if you haven’t read Glitch then you probably won’t understand anything up there, but I had to explain my feelings in a way that would at least sort of make sense. I mean, the story was kind of iffy but I still really liked it. And since that doesn’t really make sense I thought a play by play might help :P Anyway, moving on now.

Let’s start with the romance. As you probably noticed, I mentioned two guys, but it’s not a love triangle. Yes, you heard me: it’s not a love triangle. It’s more of a…circle with a jealous dot outside of it. And I really did not like the stupid jealous dot. I don’t want to say his name since that’d be giving something away, but let’s just say I didn’t like him almost from the moment he was introduced.
I understand why the romance had to be introduced the way it was, but it still felt really awkward in the beginning. I ended up liking it, though.

As for the story itself, I liked the beginning and being introduced to the world of the controlling V-chip and drone-like people. We even got a little background of why the world was in its current state and what happened to the Old War.
The middle just felt kind of bland for me. Even though exciting stuff was happening and the story was developing at a pretty good pace I still wasn’t feeling it. I really can’t pinpoint what it was that made me feel a little bored while reading that portion.
The end, however, I quite liked. I really didn’t see the big ending twist coming at all. I liked seeing Zoe use her Gift and all the action was awesome. Nothing truly heart-pounding but still fun to read.
The Nutshell: Though some of Glitch just felt lukewarm to me I ended up liking it enough to continue being interested in the story. If you like a good dash of scifi with your dystopian then you should definitely check out Glitch. And don’t forget it’s not a love triangle ;]
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Incredible Animals

0.0 (0)
In this illustrated guide, discover fascinating and unusual information about...
Special Delivery

0.0 (0)
A lovely book to share with children in an expecting...
Eyelike Stickers: Trains

0.0 (0)
Hundreds of irresistible, reusable, and collectible stickers to mix, match,...

0.0 (0)
It is twenty years since the events of La Belle...
Heiress Apparently (Daughters of the Dynasty, #1)

0.0 (0)
The first book in an epic and romantic YA series...
Winter Light

0.0 (0)
WINTER LIGHT is the story of 15-year-old Mary Donahue...
Talent

0.0 (0)
Sandee Mason is convinced her life will change if she...
WITHIN THE FOLDS OF A SWAN'S WINGS

0.0 (0)
What if the one element that has always defined you...
The Good Girls

0.0 (0)
One of Us Is Lying meets Sadie in this twisty,...
Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Iduna harbors a dark secret. On the surface, she...
All our Hidden Gifts

0.0 (0)
Maeve’s strangely astute tarot readings make her the talk of...

0.0 (0)
Twelve-year-old Cassie needs a horse. She’s determined to move up...
A Higher Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 9)

0.0 (0)
Just when everything seems to be perfect, it all falls...
A Happier Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 8)

0.0 (0)
Two guys. One girl. A big confusing mess. ...
A Healthier Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 7)

0.0 (0)
She broke his heart. Will he ever forgive her? ...
A Steadier Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 6)

0.0 (0)
He wants her back, but she’s already taken. ...

Latest Member Reviews

Friend Me

"Roisin has moved from Dublin, Ireland to the Boston area with her mother and older brother Michael. Her mother works..."
Focused

"!"
The Bad Guys in the Baddest Day Ever (The Bad Guys #10)

"Snake is dead, and the Bad Guys, as well as the League of Heroes, are gathered for the funeral. Faced..."
Nikki Tesla and the Ferret-Proof Death Ray

"Nikki Tesla is an espionage novel for pre-teens. It’s exciting, engaging, and utterly unique. Nikki Tesla is a..."
Shake It Off! (Wish #8)

"Bria has made some poor choices concerning friends and social media back home in Chicago, so her parents have decided..."
Not if I Can Help It

"Willa has struggled with a sensory processing disorder her whole life, but with supportive parents and some occupational therapy, she..."
My Fate According To The Butterfly

"My Fate According to the Butterfly is probably the first Middle Grade novel I’ve read in a very long time...."

"The Book case is a perfectly suitable mystery, with a cast of characters that will amuse readers both young and..."
Sarai and The Around The World Fair

"Though rich and vibrant in illustrations and culture, Sarai and the Around the World Fair is a slow-mover. ..."
The Pepper Party Picks The Perfect Pet (The Pepper Party, #1)

"Absolute fun is one way to summarize The Pepper Party Picks the Perfect Pet. Perfectly placed and brilliant illustrations helped..."
Ready, Set, Drive!

"READY, SET, DRIVE will take your child's imagination for a ride. Each page has a different scenario for the reader..."
A Friend For Dragon

"All Dragon wants is a friend, but doesn't have any luck. The squirrel is too busy, the hippo is too..."
Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go on a Class Trip (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat #3)

"Library copy Sassy and Waldo are super excited to go to the city museum (even though their..."
Bentley (The Puppy Place #53)

"Bentley is a story for children who love dogs, and for children who can read on their own ages 7-12,..."
The Light Jar

"Nate and his mother leave their home in the middle of the night to get away from Gary, an emotionally..."
Because of the Rabbit

"Emma's father is a game warden, and when she accompanies him on a rabbit rescue, she falls in love with..."
Animal Stories (BOB Books)

"The pacing and simplistic words in the set ANIMAL STORIES (BOB BOOKS) is just what the emerging reader needs. The..."
Unicorn Treasure Hunt

"When Treasure receives a mysterious package, she opens it to reveal a treasure map. She has to follow the clues..."
The Three Little Superpigs: Once Upon a Time

"THE THREE LITTLE SUPERPIGS: ONCE UPON A TIME is an adorable and fun retelling of the classic story of the..."
Focused

"lea really wants to do well in school, and thinks it is her own fault that she doesn't get all..."