Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 3343
Great Sequel!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

"Awake At Dawn" is the second installment in the Shadow Falls series. I was a huge fan of the first book, so although I was excited to know which direction the story went, I was nervous that the second book would just ruin it for me. That wasn't the case this time! This book continues the story of Kylie at Shadow Falls, a summer camp for supernatural teens. Kylie, obviously, is one of the supernaturals but nobody, not even herself, knows what she is. Holiday, camp leader, knows Kylie is special and believes that everything will eventually fall into place. Through this book, Kylie gets confused between two boys: Derek, whom she met at the camp, and Lucas, whom she's known since she was six years old. Derek is half fae, Lucas is a werewolf. A whole bunch of events happen through this, I won't summarize them all.

I gave this book 4 stars. I loved it! Most sequels can't come to match up with the first book, but this sequel was soo much better! I've come to seriously wish I was in Kylie's shoes right now, mostly because of Derek and Lucas (yummm!). You actually find out soooo much about Kylie and her journey in this book, it's amazing how they could make two more books to follow it! I can't wait to get my hands on the third book. I'm already going through withdrawal symptoms! :)
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Last Fallen Star (Gifted Clans, #1)

0.0 (0)
Riley Oh can't wait to see her sister get initiated...
Take Me Home: Forests of the World

5.0 (1)
Bite-sized facts about forests from around the globe, pointing out...
Hurricane Summer

0.0 (0)
In this sweeping debut, Asha Bromfield takes readers to the...
All Kinds of Other

0.0 (0)
In this tender, nuanced coming-of-age love story, two boys—one who...
Reign of Secrets

0.0 (0)
At the Midnight Ball, leave your inhibitions at the...
The Forest of Stolen Girls

0.0 (0)
1426, Joseon (Korea). Hwani's family has never been the...
Go the Distance

4.5 (2)

0.0 (0)
What if Meg had to become a god? After...
In Deeper Waters

0.0 (0)
A young prince must rely on a mysterious stranger...
These Feathered Flames (These Feathered Flames, #1)

0.0 (0)
When twin heirs are born in Tourin, their fates...
Take Me Home: Waters of the World

0.0 (0)
Bite-sized facts about bodies of water from around the globe,...
This Is My America

0.0 (0)
The Hate U Give meets Just Mercy in this unflinching...
Colors in Nature

0.0 (0)
Magnificent, hand-painted illustrations by a rising star of Czech watercolor...
Welcome to Arizona

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Arizona! We're glad you're here! Introducing a new...
I Don't Want to Go to School

0.0 (0)
It's Mouse's first day of school. It's Dinosaur's first day...
Somewhere Between Bitter and Sweet

0.0 (0)
I'm Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter meets Emergency Contact...
Counting Down with You

0.0 (0)
In this sparkling and romantic YA debut, a reserved Bangladeshi...

Latest Member Reviews

Unchosen

"UNCHOSEN by Katharyn Blair is a YA Dystopian novel set in the future after the Crimson, a virus-like curse, turns..."
In Deeper Waters

"IN DEEPER WATERS is an intriguing and fast-paced YA fantasy. Tal is the fourth of five royal children in a..."
Ember of Night

"EMBER OF NIGHT is an intense and steamy YA fantasy read. The book follows Harley, an almost 18-year-old who has..."
Poisoned

"POISONED by Jennifer Donnelly is a YA fairytale retelling of the original Snow White by the Brothers Grimm. In it,..."
A Curse of Ash & Embers (The Blackbone Witches, #1)

"A CURSE OF ASH AND EMBERS is an intriguing, character-driven YA fantasy read. Elodie has received a letter of employment..."
Lore

"LORE is a sweeping and enthralling stand-alone YA fantasy based on Greek mythology. Lore is a descendent of the bloodlines..."
Namesake (Fable, #2)

"Namesake by Adrienne Young picks up right where Fable left off. If you haven’t read the first book in the..."
Namesake (Fable, #2)

"NAMESAKE is a stunning conclusion to an enthralling YA fantasy duology. The book begins right after the first left off,..."
Fable (Fable, #1)

"I adore this book! Fable by Adrienne Young is the first in a duology about a young woman who is..."
Covet (Crave, #3)

"COVET is a riveting installment in the CRAVE series that takes the reader on a magical journey. The book begins..."
Ravage the Dark (Scavenge the Stars, #2)

"RAVAGE THE DARK is a satisfying conclusion to a YA fantasy duology. In this sequel, we begin with Cayo, Amaya,..."
City of Spells (Into the Crooked Place, #2)

"CITY OF SPELLS is a stunning conclusion to an enthralling YA fantasy duology. The book plunges us into the story..."
Sweet & Bitter Magic

"SWEET & BITTER MAGIC is a lush and enthralling YA fantasy filled with magic, pain, and love. In this world,..."
An Enchantment of Ravens

"This book has become one of my all-time favorites. Every time I start reading I couldn’t put it down, touched..."
Curse of the Divine (Ink in the Blood, #2)

"CURSE OF THE DIVINE is a dark, atmospheric, and compelling finale to a unique YA fantasy duology. In the first..."
All the Tides of Fate (All the Stars and Teeth, #2)

"ALL THE TIDES OF FATE picks up Amora's story a season or two after the previous book ended. She is..."
Unchosen

"UNCHOSEN is a fantastic and completely captivating YA apocalyptic fantasy, filled with feminism, friendship, sisterhood, and romance. Charlotte is the..."
The Broken Raven (Shadow Skye, #2)

"THE BROKEN RAVEN is an intriguing YA fantasy that sweeps the reader away to a land of magic, plotting, and..."
The Ever After (The Omte Origins, #3)

"THE EVER AFTER is the final book in the YA fantasy Omte Origins series, and it goes out with a..."
Crown of Bones (Crown of Bones, #1)

"CROWN OF BONES is a thrilling and intricately woven YA fantasy. The book primarily follows Ash and Marcus with interludes..."