Review Detail

Hooked FeaturedHot
Young Adult Fiction 4344
Hooked
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

First teenage pregnancy book I've read and it was really good!
Good Points
** spoiler alert ** Wow so I really loved this book... It's so crazy for some reason I thought it would be one of those books were the couple lived happily ever after, but that wasn't the case at all. Anyways this book was so awesome in so many ways. Let me start with the characters. My favorites were of course Miss Thea and her adorable baby boy Ian (I know I haven't seen a picture but just they way the book describes him he's a cutie!) Anyways Thea is one of my favorite character because she is unbelievably strong throughout the whole book. If I was in that situation I would have been an emotional wreck especially since she really didn't have anyone on her side just about from the time she found out she was pregnant until basically the end. She was able to handle getting pregnant right out of high school, having two abortion appointments and skipping out on them, Moving in with her boyfriend having the baby, then dealing with him wanting to give the baby up after she had an accident? I mean really that would of completely tore me apart. Especially because of how much you knew she loved Will from the begging, and little Ian? He's my other favorite character because he's such a little ham lol. The book does really good of describing his actions and things like that just saying =)

Second the plot. Now at first I thought it was going to be one of those they have a baby have a few fights but they're still happy together. But I was very wrong. After Thea had her accident by accidentally burning the baby Will acted different and then when he said he wanted to give the baby up for adoption?!?!?! oh my god!! I wanted to jump into the book and slap him repeatedly. I felt so bad for Thea I can't imagine what she was feeling when the guy that she loved said he wanted to give up her little man. I'm glad she left him and didn't give up the baby. It made me so happy that she was able to be strong and get out while she could. Will was my least favorite character for those reasons, because in the beginning of the book I loved him I was so glad they were together but now I’m glad there apart.

When I wasn't quite finished with the book I was kind of hoping for a sequel but now that I’m done I’m hoping threes not because I feel like the story was told fully and that there's no more to be told. I'm glad that I feel like that those are one of my favorite kinds of books because I feel closure. Anyways I hope you enjoy my review leave comments below!!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account