Review Detail

4.0 11
Young Adult Fiction 3937
Will the real Jace Lightwood please stand up?
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Will the real Jace Lightwood please stand up?
Pros:
*Jace
*We get to find out what happened to Jace - YAY!
*We get to see the story unfolding from multiple points of view which was interesting.
*Simon's role in this book had me crying ALL THE TEARS. (I *hearts* him almost as much Jace.)
*All of the characters are affected in some way by the end both physically and or emotionally.
*Sebastian was intoxicating in his evilness. (Wait, that should probably be a con but...)
*EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! Cassie Clare could have quite possibly killed me by the end if she hadn't included this, so a HUGE thank you for that! ;)

Cons:
*Not enough Jace. (Can there EVER be enough Jace though? I mean, REALLY?! *giggles*)
*The torment of Jace was very painful to read and almost too much to take.
*There were times where I wasn't exactly sure what was happening and there were
parts I could've done without but I think that's because I just really wanted to know what was going on with Jace and Clary. (Shallow, I know. Do not judge. *grins* )
*I wasn't really drawn into the book until halfway through and that doesn't usually happen with Clare's books.
*I cried at the end and it wasn't for reasons you might think...

I liked this but I didn't "love" this, and believe me, I really, really wanted to "LOVE IT SO HARD" hence the star rating. While I do lurve these characters and have grown quite attached to them, I have to be honest when I say, there were times I felt as if this storyline was being dragged out a bit. The torment that Jace and Clary have to go through is like a bad carnival ride and I wonder when they'll be able to get off of it and just be happy for longer than five minutes? I know that not all stories have a "And they lived happily ever after" ending but when is enough, enough? Before you hate all over me or tell me to "Just stop reading!" keep in mind that I love them and just want them to be "OK". ((hugs them)) I am looking forward to seeing how it all ends...
Good Points
Jace
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 15, 2012
I love this review...Jace, not enough Jace...Jace, not enough Jace. *giggles*
May 15, 2012
In reply to an earlier comment

;)