Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 3061
Sexy Victorian Steampunk Lite with Angels!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

I thoroughly enjoyed this read. Looking forward to more!
Good Points
A worthy and enthralling read. I loved the atmosphere of Zink's Victorian London setting and the mythic, angelic underbelly. Although wingless, these angels, assigned as Keepers of the Earth and by nature, protectors of humanity, must face a greater evil than they know while tracking down an unknown killer among them.

This is the first angel book I've read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. What a great introduction and a great read. Thank you, Michelle, for writing a compelling and intricate story that tugs the reader along and remains elusive, like smoke at the beginning of each chapter.

I would recommend this to anyone, and appreciate the fact that while it was edgy and sexy, and for Helen, it was surely a temptation to be surrounded by so many choices, there was nothing gratuitous and inappropriate as well. A younger reader could enjoy this as well without concern.

I look forward to the next books in this series (please be more than one), and I am also eager to read the Prophecy of the Sisters series as well. Sorry I am coming late to that party, Michelle. Fortunately, I did come. A lovely story. I can't wait to see where you go next, although I have a few suspicions.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Stanley's Toolbox

0.0 (0)
It’s another busy day with Stanley and friends! ...
Spring Is Here!

0.0 (0)
When spring arrives, baby animals come out to play with...
10 Things I Hate About Pinky

0.0 (0)
The delightful follow-up to When Dimple Met Rishi and There’s...
Want to Read Rate this book 1 of 5 stars2 of 5 stars3 of 5 stars4 of 5 stars5 of 5 stars Preview Star-Spangled: The Story of a Flag, a Battle, and the American Anthem

0.0 (0)
“O say can you see” begins one of the most...

0.0 (0)
July 20, 1969. It’s a day that has earned a...
Thurgood Marshall

0.0 (0)
When Thurgood Marshall—the great grandson of a slave—was born, African...
Down Under the Pier

0.0 (0)
There’s lots of fun to be had up on the...
Lali's Feather

0.0 (0)
This endearing story of identification and values shows the rewards...

0.0 (0)
Book three in a hilarious new series featuring one boy...

0.0 (0)
Everything starts with a question, like this one: Why do...

0.0 (0)
Worries, fears, and anxieties are all dragons that sneak up...
The Copycat

0.0 (0)
A funny, unpredictable, and heartfelt new novel from Wendy McLeod...

Latest Member Reviews

What He Hides

"Fans of Karen McManus will enjoy the twists and turns in WHAT HE HIDES. When Lauren’s mom becomes the..."
Dragonfly Nightmare

"I kind of got to know the main characters but they weren't totally real to me. Allie is the only..."
Heart of Mine

"Growing up, Madison always thought of Alex as a brother more than a possible boyfriend. But when something sparks between..."
Heart of Mine

"A sweet and clean royal romance with a hint of mystery and suspense."
The Whispering of the Willows

"What I loved about reading this book was the realness and the real hope. It would be so good if..."
The Curtain-Twitcher's Handbook

"Whipped through this one as it's a really chatty, easy read. After a while it's like listening to your best..."
Dragonfly Nightmare

"Dragonfly Nightmare by Erin Richards The Story: Traumatized after a kidnapping in her childhood, Allie finally convinces her overprotective..."
Kipp the Copper Coast Kid

"You don't have to be Australian to appreciate this story. Written in the style of the classics, this novel follows..."

"I found this a fascinating read. I wasn't sure at first if the style was deliberately classic, but as I..."

"This book will delight you from the Prologue to the last page. It is a very touching and sweet and..."
Inescapable (The Premonition #1)

"I believe that when an author writes a story that winds up weaving it’s way into your subconscious, your soul,..."