Review Detail

Starters FeaturedHot
Young Adult Fiction 6605
Starters by Lissa Price
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

"Starters" by Lissa Price is an excitingly addictive story! After the Spore War that wiped out everyone not vaccinated (everyone ages 20-60), Callie Woodland, a sixteen-year-old unclaimed orphan, is living in an abandoned office building with her younger brother, Tyler. Life is terrible--running from renegades who would kill her just for a cookie, living in a cold, abandoned office building with no clean water, heat, or food, and hiding from marshals that want to institutionalize them and the other children. Since her brother is sick, she desperately needs money...so she "donates" her body to a place called Prime Destinations, which is run by an unknown figure known as The Old Man. At Prime, elders (a.k.a. Enders) rent teens' (a.k.a. Starters) bodies! They do that by inserting a chip into the Starters' heads, and each Ender has control over the teenage body that they rent! After giving the teens a makeover, the elders live as the teens while the teens are unconscious in their own bodies. But something went wrong with Callie's chip...and she is able to gain back control over her body for short periods of time! She wakes up to a world of luxury and has a handsome boyfriend. Through the malfunction, Callie uncovers the Old Man's sinister plans! In the meantime, her renter has plans of her own, and forces Callie to help her... Can Callie stop the Enders?

Lissa Price is a newcomer who is obviously talented to write such a good book! I literally could not stop reading this story. She is truly talented!! For more information about the author, Lissa Price, you can go to www.lissaprice.com. :)

While I was reading the story, I felt like I was watching a movie and I had to find out what happened in the end! The author could have been a bit more descriptive about the characters, but because the story was so good, that didn't matter! The storyline was very thrilling and addictive, (I read the whole eBook at once!) and I think it would work out great as a movie, too! I can't wait to read the next book in the series, "Enders"! Lissa Price is now officially one of my favorite authors and I can't wait to read more books by her. :)

**I received a copy of this eBook for free from Random House Children's Books and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I received no other compensation.**

http://reviewsbykristina.blogspot.com/2012/01/starters-by-lissa-price.html
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Elysium Girls

0.0 (0)
From a lush, dazzlingly original new voice in young adult...
The Lost Legends

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
A plague. A prophecy. A centuries-long curse. All her...
In the Hall with the Knife

0.0 (0)
A murderer could be around every corner in this...
Girls With Razor Hearts

0.0 (0)
Make me a girl with a razor heart… It’s...
Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children #5)

0.0 (0)
The fifth installment in Seanan McGuire's award-winning, bestselling Wayward...
When Wishes Bleed

0.0 (0)
One Prince. One Witch. One Fate. The upheaval in...

0.0 (0)
Ali McMillian almost drowned. It wasn’t a run-of-the-mill accident either;...
Ember Queen (Ash Princess, #3)

0.0 (0)
The thrilling conclusion to the New York Times bestselling...
Moonscript

0.0 (0)
"It is said that Darkness is empty and whatever vanishes...
The Lucky Ones

0.0 (0)
For fans of Thirteen Reasons Why, This Is How It...

0.0 (0)
A captivating and utterly original fairy tale about a girl...
Meet Me at Midnight

0.0 (0)
They have a love-hate relationship with summer. ...
Sword in the Stars (Once & Future, #2)

0.0 (0)
In this epic sequel to Once & Future, to save...
11004295_10203571569113600_1962266189_n.jpg

3.8 (2)

0.0 (0)
*****Best YA Book & Author of the Year***** The...
We Unleash the Merciless Storm

0.0 (0)
Being a part of the resistance group La Voz...
The Everything I Have Lost

0.0 (0)
12-year-old Julia keeps a diary about her life growing...

Latest Member Reviews

I Love You, Daddy (Peter Rabbit)

"I LOVE YOU, DADDY is a sweet book for fathers to share with their young readers. Featuring springy pastels, Peter..."
I, Cosmo

"Cosmo is the "big brother" of Max and his young sister Emmaline, and is now 13 years old. He still..."
Charlie Thorne and the Last Equation (Charlie Thorne #1)

"Charlie is a twelve year old intellectual prodigy who has uncaring, manipulative parents whom she has escaped by enrolling in..."
Otter: What Pet Is Best?

"'Otter: What Pet Is Best?' by Sam Garton introduces Otter to a variety of pets that he might want, but..."
I Want to Be a Pilot

"'I Want to Be a Pilot' by Laura Driscoll, pictures by Catalina Echeverri, takes readers on a journey through an..."
All Aboard! The Airport Train

"'All Aboard! The Airport Train' by Nichole Mara, illustrated by Andrew Kolb, is a neat, lift-the-flap book that turns into..."
Diggersaurs Explore (Diggersaurs)

"DIGGERSAURS EXPLORE is a delightful sequel to the book taking the toddler world by storm! Whether you have a little..."
Diggersaurs

"DIGGERSAURS is perfect for children who love dinosaurs, construction vehicles, bright colors, and/or fun, rhyming phrases. This book re-imagines construction..."
I Love You, Little One

"I LOVE YOU, LITTLE ONE is an elegant and lovely book that speaks to parental love. Perfect for bedtime, this..."
Fun on the Farm

"FUN ON THE FARM is an adorably ridiculous read. The book uses rhyming phrases to anthropomorphize farm animals in the..."
The Happy, Snappy Crab

"THE HAPPY, SNAPPY CRAB is a charming adventure through the sea. The board book features pop-up sea animals on every..."
Snuggle Tight, Kiss Goodnight

"SNUGGLE TIGHT, KISS GOODNIGHT is a lovely bedtime pop-up board book. The book features rhyming phrases related to bedtime and..."
When the Babies Came to Stay

"WHEN THE BABIES CAME TO STAY is a lovely story about non-traditional families, unconditional love, and community. Four babies arrive..."
The Triumphant Tale of Pippa North

"In Wanderly, everyone has a role. Some are Triumphants, the greatest of heroes, some are Tragicals, orphans doomed to a..."
TBH, This is SO Awkward

"'TBH, This is SO Awkward: A Novel in Text' by Lisa Greenwald is quite interesting in that it is written..."
Look Both Ways

"I often hear it said that writers are bred, and sure you can breed some decent writers with whatever amount..."
Mr Penguin and the Fortress of Secrets (Mr Penguin #2)

"Mr. Penguins and his friends Colin the spider and Edith are trying to keep a rock safe from dastardly types..."
Pop-Up Peekaboo! Baby Animals

"POP-UP PEEKABOO! BABY ANIMALS is a charming lift-the-flap and pop-up picture book. Each spread features a parent animal who is..."
On These Magic Shores

"Twelve-year-old Minerva "Minnie" Soledad Miranda has big goals. She wants to be the first Latina president of the United States..."
Ghost Boys

"I always struggle to review these types of novels--these black lives matter, civil rights-esque novels. I often go into them..."