Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2178
Satisfying Conclusion
(Updated: December 10, 2011)
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

I really love this series! Darina has to help some recent dead teens solve their murders before they can pass to the Other Side. Darina has been doing this and with this book she now has to do something she's been dreading more than anything. She has to help her boyfriend Phoenix cross over. The romance between these too is haunting and painful. Darina wants more than anything for Phoenix to stay with her and even tries to avoid her calling.

What I love about these books is not only the unique twist on the usual paranormal tale but rather the relationship between Darina and Phoenix. You can't help but feel for both of them. This last novel in the series has a Wuthering Heights feel with it's haunting, bittersweet love story. But this isn't just a paranormal story but rather a mystery with romance.The mystery behind Phoenix's dead surprised me.

Though I hated this series to end, I feel Maguire left readers with a satisfying conclusion. I highly recommend this series. Read the first book and see if you're not hooked too.
Good Points
1. Satisfying conclusion to the Beautiful Dead series
2. Really love how Darina has to help the dead solve their murders in order to go to the other side.
3. Wuthering Heights feel
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account