Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1847
dragons!
I really wanted to love this book. The premise totally does it for me. Shapeshifting dragons, starcrossed romance, and epic choices.

Unfortunately I didn't connect with the main character and wanted more from the plot than I was given. While I felt Jandica's struggles were authentic, I didn't feel the book lived up to ts potential. I would have loved to see more plot, rather than romance back and forth, and more dragon culture (which sounded fascinating).

While this book wasn't for me, readers who enjoy more romance-focused plots will no doubt love it.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
Elemental Manipulation is tricky. Only those with the power can...

0.0 (0)
When fifteen-year-old Marlee Stanley joins her two sisters and the...

0.0 (0)
They call me the Dark Queen… Ryleigh...

0.0 (0)
Two friends in the 1980's were graduating from Cosmetology School....
Twisting Minds

0.0 (0)
How can you trust your heart when you can't trust...
The Art of Holding On

0.0 (0)
Life happens, whether you’re ready or not. All you can...
Breaking Through: How Female Athletes Shattered Stereotypes in the Roaring Twenties

0.0 (0)
Award-winning author Sue Macy offers a fresh and timely account...
Outlawed

0.0 (0)
OUTLANDER meets Robin Hood. Traveling through time...
The Path We Take

0.0 (0)
He’s alone He’s tattooed He’s badly burnt ...
Half-Blood Mage

0.0 (0)
A cursed dragon hunter A half-blood mage...

0.0 (0)
If genetic engineering could guarantee you and your family perfect...
Slayer (Slayer, #1)

0.0 (0)
Into every generation a Slayer is born… ...

Latest Member Reviews

Farm Boy: The Sequel to War Horse

JenJen
"This is billed as the sequel to War Horse but it's really not. While it mentions Albert and Joey, the..."
Kensuke's Kingdom

"Kensuke's Kingdom is about a young boy named Michael, who, with his parents, sells their house and buys a boat,..."
War Horse Movie Tie-In Edition

"This is the first World War One book that I have read, and I had no clue until I had..."
War Horse Movie Tie-In Edition

JenJen
"I so enjoyed this book! I had to read it in spurts because I kept getting so emotional and..."
Kensuke's Kingdom

"Reader reviewed by jess I am reading kensukes kingdon in my class and i am up to chapter 10 page..."
Alone on a Wide Wide Sea

"Reader reviewed by carrot This book has two parts with two people telling them, the first one is about when..."
Kensuke's Kingdom

"Reader reviewed by sam I think that kensuke's kingdom is the best book mical morpurgo has ever writen (besides toro..."
Kensuke's Kingdom

"Reader reviewed by Bettina Michael and his dog Stella are stranded on an island after..."
Kensuke's Kingdom

"Reader reviewed by Katya Michael Morpurgo is an excellent author, if you've never come across him before, and this book..."
Kensuke's Kingdom

"Reader reviewed by Dominique All seems well on sailing trip that Michael is on with his family and dog, Stella..."

"Reader reviewed by chardiddlyarlie This is the diary of a girl called Becky Morley, that begins on January 1st, 2001...."