Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2640
Tempest Rising
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

What can I say? This book is amazing! I loved almost every part of it! Except for the parts that almost made me cry! I laughed, I cried, and I enjoyed this book enough to read it in under one day! With school, that's a tough feat!

With every good book I've read lately they have had an amazingly strong female lead. The trend keeps going with Tempest. With her mom abandoning her and her family when she was 10, she had to step up and take care of her two little brothers, so she doesn't let anyone baby her. She can take care of herself, easily. Tempest has a passion for surfing that might have to do with her being half of a mermaid! I'm loving all the mermaid books lately!!

Then there's Kona and Mark. Two of Tempest's interesting guy friends. Mark is the jealous boyfriend type. He always treats his girl right, but is a little possessive, and even more so when Kona comes to town. Kona on the other hand is the strong mysterious new guy who can ride the waves like a god and immediately grabs every ones attention. Especially Tempest.

Between the two super sexy male leads, a strong independent female lead, tear-jerking emotions, and mermaids what isn't there to like?! The book kept me immersed in it 100% of the time and I couldn't put this book down! Tempest Rising is the book to read if your looking for a new book!
~~ Sam :)
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party

0.0 (0)
A groovy New York Times bestseller! ...
Seneca Element (The Seneca Society Book 2)

0.0 (0)
If you knew that creating singularity between your mind...
Our Year of Love and Parties

0.0 (0)
In this poignant, funny, and romantic novel, four nights...

0.0 (0)
Elemental Manipulation is tricky. Only those with the power can...
The Path Divided

0.0 (0)
Every choice has a consequence. When a magical picture...

0.0 (0)
When fifteen-year-old Marlee Stanley joins her two sisters and the...
Shadowscent

0.0 (0)
An Ember in the Ashes meets Indiana Jones in...
Reverie

0.0 (0)
Inception meets The Magicians, except with better wigs and...

0.0 (0)
They call me the Dark Queen… Ryleigh...
Scarred

0.0 (0)
Life leaves you scarred. Love can make you beautiful....

0.0 (0)
Two friends in the 1980's were graduating from Cosmetology School....
Twisting Minds

0.0 (0)
How can you trust your heart when you can't trust...
The Art of Holding On

0.0 (0)
Life happens, whether you’re ready or not. All you can...
Breaking Through: How Female Athletes Shattered Stereotypes in the Roaring Twenties

0.0 (0)
Award-winning author Sue Macy offers a fresh and timely account...
Outlawed

0.0 (0)
OUTLANDER meets Robin Hood. Traveling through time...
The Path We Take

0.0 (0)
He’s alone He’s tattooed He’s badly burnt ...

Latest Member Reviews

The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries #1-2)

" Now "The Vampire Diaries" is one of my favorite tv shows. I recently was..."
The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries #1)

"This novel gave an exciting plot with interesting characters making it very enjoyable."
The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries: The Compelled (#6)

N/A
"this book is not written (The whole series is no longer written) by L. J. Smith. it was written a..."

"This is the only book in the Vampire Diaries Series that I didn't like. To me it felt forced, as..."
The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries: The Ripper (#4)

"I thought this book would never end... I mean the story was okay but it seemed like they were forcing..."

"Hi Guys, I know I didn't do a book review last week, so this week I will do two. Thank..."

"Hi Guys, This week, I'm getting the second book in the Chronicles of Nick series, Invincible, I also plan on..."

"Reader reviewed by Kayleah. Night world 1It is a good book. Somewhat confusing but you'll understand it all eventually...."
Dark Visions: The Strange Power / The Possessed / The Passion (Dark Visions #1-3)

"Reader reviewed by Amanda Wade There's the ice princess witch, the love-all beast tamer, the goofy tech-nerd, the healing golden..."

"Reader reviewed by Ruthie Review for the Awakening: This was actually an alright vampire romance book. I didn't..."

"Reader reviewed by n3ll@ng3l Night world book # 1 is the best boo k ever when I began reading it..."

"Reader reviewed by Ruthie This was actually an alright vampire romance book. I didn't expect to like it in..."

"Reader reviewed by red it's a page turner .. i just can't put the book down ! of all..."

"Reader reviewed by Lexi so, i only had the first of the three books in this book/series, but it was..."
Dark Visions: The Strange Power / The Possessed / The Passion (Dark Visions #1-3)

"Reader reviewed by Ruthie This book was extraordinary! The writing was fantastic. I was completely draw in since page one...."

"Reader reviewed by Maria M. July 11, 2010 -  Even though they go through alot of difficulty in the end..."

"Reader reviewed by Sammy I thought the book was pretty good! I thought the first story in the Night World,..."

"Reader reviewed by elena Well I thought that the vampire diaries was amazing it's full of romance and thrill and..."

"Reader reviewed by HoopsStar27 Vampires, werewolves, witches and shapeshifters- they live among us without our knowledge.  Night World is a..."

"Reader reviewed by Jamie This trilogy  is about a girl named Kaitlyn Fairchild  who is an outsider at her school because..."