Review Detail

3.7 4
Young Adult Fiction 4092
Great Fun Read
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

The premise of the book was great. It was like Veronica Mars if she went to Hogwarts and had magic powers. The only problem with this though was Gwen. I really wanted to like her character but every other sentence was stating her loneliness or lack of friendship. Now I know it's hard not having friends but I would of liked if the novel focused a little more on the mystery of the Bowl of Tears rather than Gwen's lack of friends. The characters weren't all bad! I really loved Daphne, she was hilarious. The relationship she has with Gwen starts off a little strained but ends with actual friendship. I especially love the one liners they were always throwing at one another. Logan Quinn was a good character as well. We didn't get to learn much about him but he seemed pretty funny (Plus he reminds me of Patrick from the show 10 Things I Hate About You). At times it felt like it moved a little slowly but it speeds up towards the end. I do think it was well-written and funny. I look forward to reading the sequel because my theory is now that Gwen has friends the next novel won't dwell so much on the lack of friendship. Plus I want to know what will happen with her and Logan. Overall all this book was a fun read. I'd say give it a try.
Good Points
I loved the humor in this book. I also loved the whole Veronica Mars/Harry Potter vibe that was going on.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account