Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1564
Prepare to be sleep deprived, you'll stay up all night reading
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

I couldn't get enough of this book. It just released officially 2 days ago and I'm already anxious for the 2nd book in the series. I appreciate that it's intelligent writing and not dumbed down for the young adult crowd. That being said, it felt like an easy read as I was sucked in quickly and felt invested in the characters. There is more to the story than meets the eye and you get the sense that the 'good guys' aren't perfect and the 'bad guys' might not be all bad. It's got a unique story line that hasn't already been done a thousand times (if at all). I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fiction.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Bread Lab!

0.0 (0)
It’s a sleepy Saturday morning for most people, but not...
A Thousand No's

0.0 (0)
This empowering picture book teaches readers that even great ideas...
Ronan Boyle and the Swamp of Certain Death (Ronan Boyle, #2)

0.0 (0)
The hilarious sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller,...
Sharko and Hippo

0.0 (0)
With tongue-twisty wordplay and escalating absurdity, this is a fall-down-funny...
The Thing About Bees: A Love Letter

0.0 (0)
A LOVE POEM FROM A FATHER TO HIS TWO SONS,...
The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)

0.0 (0)
Kings become outcasts and lovers become foes in The Faithless...
Zora's Zucchini

0.0 (0)
The first zucchini of a summer garden is always exciting,...
Libby Loves Science

0.0 (0)
Libby loves science! In this STEM-themed picture book, a companion...
The Hidden Rainbow

0.0 (0)
All the colors of the rainbow are hidden in the...
The Places We Sleep

0.0 (0)
A family divided, a country going to war, and a...
Chasing Starlight

0.0 (0)
Movies, mansions, and murder in the Golden Age of Hollywood!...

0.0 (0)
Midwestern high school seniors and swim teammates Alli and Brandon...

0.0 (0)
True love has never been more deadly in this lush...
Kamala and Maya's Big Idea

0.0 (0)
Meena Harris debuts with an empowering picture book about two...
Harvey Holds His Own (The Harvey Stories, #2)

0.0 (0)
The West Highland Terrier that brought Harvey Comes Home to...
Everything I Thought I Knew

0.0 (0)
A teenage girl wonders if she’s inherited more than just...

Latest Member Reviews

Poems to Live Your Life By

"POEMS TO LIVE YOUR LIFE BY is a collection in which each poem has been hand-picked by Chris Riddell, for..."
When the World Didn’t End: Poems

"Caroline Kaufman, otherwise known as @poeticpoison, has published her latest poems in WHEN THE WORLD DIDN’T END. The collection, which..."
What is Poetry? The Essential Guide to Reading and Writing Poems

"WHAT IS POETRY: THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO READING AND WRITING POEMS by Michael Rosen is a nonfiction, how-to book intended..."
Poetry 101

"POETRY 101 by Susan Dalzell is a comprehensive introduction to poetry written in the English language. The book takes us..."
You/Poet: Learn the Art. Speak Your Truth. Share Your Voice.

"YOU/POET by Rayna Hutchison and Samuel Blake, the folks from HER HEART POETRY, is a tremendous gift to writers everywhere...."
Crank (Crank #1)

"The protagonist and narrator is Kristina Georgia Snow, a straight A high school student, who travels to Albuquerque, New Mexico..."
Crank (Crank #1)

"In Crank raw pain, a deepening addiction, and a crumbling family come together to tell a real, powerful story. I..."

"This is a very good book. it's one of the best poetry I've ever read. It displays peoples feelings. The..."
One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies

N/A
"should ture of diced tomatoes1 lbs. Shelled shrimp (51/60 calculate)2 teaspoon. Creole spices1 1/4 cup quite wheat blonde rice2 mugs..."
Tricks

"OMG talk about a bumpy ride on an emotional path! I felt like this book showed me places I am..."
Burned (Burned #1)

"Ellen Hopkins has done it again! The stories that she brings to life are amazing! These are stories that we..."
Burned (Burned #1)

"I sat down, right before dinner, meaning to read a few of the poems in Burned, just see what Ellen..."
Crank (Crank #1)

"Books in verse are not my favorite, but Ellen Hopkins manages to get me hooked regardless of that fact. ..."
October Mourning: A Song for Matthew Shepard

"Though it is a quick read, this book is deep and profound. A series of poems written in memory of..."
Crank (Crank #1)

KayKay
"I just got addicted to Crank. That's ironic, even though I was just talking about the book. But I seriously..."
Crank (Crank #1)

" So I read this book last weekend. I had gotten it from the library after seeing it on the..."
Rubber Houses

"Seventeen-year-old Kit has her life all planned out. Between her AP classes, social life, and plans to spend the summer..."

"When I'm reading a book that I plan on reviewing, I turn down the corners of pages with lines I..."
One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies

"We meet Ruby at the airport, where she is flying across the country to meet and live with her father..."

""The comfort of knowing" The truth is, as interpreted in the poetic musings and documentations in David Levithan's verse..."