Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 46389
The Outsiders S.E Hinton GREAT BOOK !!!!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Reader reviewed by Ashley

The Outsiders By S.E Hinton is a spectacular novel. It deals with challenges in life and how to over come them. Who's a good friend and who's not. The main character is a boy named ' PonyBoy Curtis. He lives with his two older brothers, Darry and Sodapop. Their parents died in an accident. The boys are barely making it by, but they have friends to help them through it. Their friends are like a gang. Always stick by them even when trouble comes. The boys are called "greasers"; they are poor and come from broken homes. And socs are the rich, "upper class' kids. They drive nice cars, dress nice, and they think their better then everyone else. My favourite character from the Outsiders would have to be Dallas Winston. He is the toughest greaser in their gang. Dallas has blond hair, blue eyes, and doesn't put grease in his hair. Dally takes pride in his criminal record. And wouldn't let anything happen to Johnny or Pony boy. I like his character because he is the bad boy. All the girls want him. He's mysterious, and tough. Acts like a jerk but deep down isn't. I would recommended this book to everyone who hasn't read it before. S.E Hinton is a great author who writes awesome books. Its interesting how she uses her intials instead of her full name. So no one knows if she is a boy or girl and would read the book. 
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Serious Moonlight

0.0 (0)
After an awkward first encounter, Birdie and Daniel are forced...
Sway

0.0 (0)
In Kat Spears’s hilarious and often poignant debut, high school...
Scarlet Epstein Hates it Here

0.0 (0)
Meet Scarlett Epstein, BNF (Big Name Fan) in her online...
The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Renée Ahdieh returns with...
The End and Other Beginnings: Stories from the Future

0.0 (0)
Bestselling Divergent and Carve the Mark author Veronica Roth...
Colliding Skies

0.0 (0)
Since Skye Reilly can remember, she has been looking...
What Makes Us

0.0 (0)
A viral video reveals a teen’s dark family history,...
Dating Nashville

0.0 (0)
Becks: How does a straight guy accidentally come out...
Take the Mic: Fictional Stories of Everyday Resistance

0.0 (0)
A young adult anthology featuring fictional stories of everyday...
Dog and Rabbit

0.0 (0)
A funny, sweet story of unrequited friendship from the creator...

0.0 (0)
Lena and Campbell aren't friends. ...

0.0 (0)
The youngest doctor in America, an Indian-American teen makes her...
Prophecy Untold (Shadow Realms book 3)

0.0 (0)
Finding out my mother was taken by the demons was...
Sick Kids in Love

0.0 (0)
Isabel has one rule: no dating. It’s easier―...
Pawns (The Wielders of Arantha)

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Seven hundred years in the future, a powerful alien...
Perfectly Oblivious

0.0 (0)
Cameron Bates (Cam) could have almost any girl at...

Latest Member Reviews

The Burning Shadow (Origin Series, #2)

"I’m not going to lie….I read The Burning Shadow in two days. It could’ve been one sitting if my eyelids..."
The Grace Year

"It’s been one week since I finished The Grace Year by Kim Liggett as I sit down to start this..."

"I started out reading an ARC of Symptoms of a Heartbreak, but then I switched to reading a hardcover in..."
Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)

"I’m going to start out this post by letting it be known by all and sundry that I was provided..."
Sick Kids in Love

"SICK KIDS IN LOVE is a beautiful story about love- as well as invisible illness/disability AND NOBODY DIES! (I do..."
The Light at the Bottom of the World (The Light at the Bottom of the World, #1)

"THE LIGHT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WORLD is a compelling and atmospheric YA fantasy/science fiction. In the future, the..."
Conceal, Don't Feel (Twisted Tales, #7)

"If you adored FROZEN, you need to get your hands on this Twisted Tale which reimagines the story if Anna..."
The End and Other Beginnings: Stories from the Future

"THE END AND OTHER BEGINNINGS is the latest from DIVERGENT author, Veronica Roth. The novel is comprised of six YA..."
The Bookworm Crush

"THE BOOKWORM CRUSH is an absolutely charming romantic comedy with all sorts of booklover homages. Amy McIntyre is @redheadrecs and..."
Scared Little Rabbits

"SCARED LITTLE RABBITS follows Nora (aka Eleanor, Lowercase) as she sets out on a summer camp adventure that resulted in..."
A Constellation of Roses

"A CONSTELLATION OF ROSES is a beautiful story of familial love and healing. Trix has been trying to make her..."
Frankly in Love

"FRANKLY IN LOVE is a surprisingly deep and heartfelt read. Although it is described as a rom-com, this is not..."
American Royals

"What if at the end of America’s Revolutionary War, George Washington was offered a crown and what if he said..."
Take the Mic: Fictional Stories of Everyday Resistance

"This is the type of book I’d like to see included in school curriculums. The stories are like wide open..."
When the Stars Lead to You

"WHEN THE STARS LED TO YOU is quite the emotional YA contemporary. While on the surface it seems like a..."
We Are the Perfect Girl

"'We Are the Perfect Girl' by Ariel Kaplan is a Cyrano De Bergerac style story. There are a host of..."
Stranger Things: Runaway Max

"'Stranger Things: Runaway Max' by Brenna Yovanoff provides an intriguing look into Max's life before and during her time in..."
Crown of Oblivion

"Engrossing and completely thrilling, CROWN OF OBLIVION is a fantastic new YA fantasy that I highly recommend. Dealing with themes..."

"Four very different high school girls plan to spend one month together in GIRLS OF JULY, and they each have..."

"BETWEEN WORLDS: FOLKTALES OF BRITAIN AND IRELAND is a collection of short stories that have been passed down over centuries..."